Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1986, the experimental airplane Voyager, piloted by Dick Rutan and Jeana Yeager, completed the first non-stop, non-refueled round-the-world flight as it returned safely to Edwards Air Force Base in California.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1995, a fire in Dabwali, India, killed 446 people, more than half of them children, during a year-end party being held near the children's school.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1995, a fire in Dabwali, India, killed 446 people, more than half of them children, during a year-end party being held near the children's school.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: Chad declared itself in a "state of belligerence" with Sudan, accusing its neighbor of aggression. An Azerbaijan Airlines passenger plane carrying 23 people crashed into the Caspian Sea, killing all on board.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: Mail bombs blamed on anarchists exploded at the Swiss and Chilean embassies in Rome, seriously wounding two people. Chicago Board of Election Commissioners ruled that former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel was a resident of the city and therefore eligible to run for mayor.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: The movie "The Interview" was put back into theaters when Sony Pictures Entertainment announced a limited release of the comedy that had provoked an international incident with North Korea and outrage over its canceled showing. The NFL's troubles with domestic violence were selected the sports story of the year in an annual vote conducted by The Associated Press.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Actor Ronnie Schell is 84. Emperor Akihito of Japan is 82. Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Paul Hornung is 80. Actor Frederic Forrest is 79. Actor James Stacy is 79. Rock musician Jorma Kaukonen (YOR'-mah KOW'-kah-nen) is 75. Rock musician Ron Bushy is 74. Actor-comedian Harry Shearer is 72. U.S. Army Gen. Wesley K. Clark (ret.) is 71. Actress Susan Lucci is 69. Singer-musician Adrian Belew is 66. Rock musician Dave Murray (Iron Maiden) is 59. Actress Joan Severance is 57. Singer Terry Weeks is 52. Rock singer Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) is 51. The former first lady of France, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, is 48. Rock musician Jamie Murphy is 40. Jazz musician Irvin Mayfield is 38. Actress Estella Warren is 37. Actress Anna Maria Perez de Tagle (TAG'-lee) is 25. Actor Spencer Daniels (TV: "Mom") is 23.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money." — Author unknown.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Senior Personal Ads
-------------------------

Some 'Senior' personal ads seen in 'The Villages''  Florida newspapers:

(Who says seniors don't have a sense of humor?)

FOXY LADY:
Sexy, fashion-conscious blue-haired beauty,
80's, slim, 5'4' (used to be 5'6'),
searching for sharp-looking, sharp-dressing companion.
Matching white shoes and
belt a plus.

LONG-TERM COMMITMENT:
Recent widow who has just buried fourth husband,
and am looking for someone to round out a six-unit plot.
Dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath not a problem.

SERENITY NOW:
I am into solitude, long walks, sunrises, the ocean, yoga and meditation.
If you are the silent type, let's get together,
take our hearing aids out and enjoy quiet times.

WINNING SMILE:
Active grandmother with original teeth seeking a dedicated flosser
to share rare steaks, corn on the cob and caramel candy.

BEATLES OR STONES?
I still like to rock,
still like to cruise in my Camaro on Saturday nights and still like to play the guitar.
If you were a groovy chick, or are now a groovy hen,
let's get together and listen to my eight-track tapes.

MEMORIES:
I can usually remember Monday through Thursday.
If you can remember Friday, Saturday and Sunday, let's put our two heads together.

MINT CONDITION:
Male, 1932, high mileage, good condition, some hair,
many new parts including hip, knee, cornea, valves.
Isn't in running condition, but walks well.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.

Morning, Chip.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning, Chip.
I see I am not the only one working today.

Morning, Chip.
I see I am not the only one working today.
Nope. Was supposed to work tomorrow, too, but I seem to be trying to come down with the sickness the wife has right now, so I'm gonna take off instead, hope to sleep it off, or at least lessen the effects.

Morning, Chip.
I see I am not the only one working today.
I'm joining you guys also, hopefully a short day. Morning Chip and SickBayDave
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15