CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: 12/19/2015  (Read 24526 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 12/19/2015
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »

Good afternoon cowboys...!  I'm just reading and lurking a little before starting supper.
A little late to be starting....doesn't it take you 3 or 4 hours to prepare usually?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2015, 05:35:43 PM »

@BD...Did you and the little lady come to agreement on whether the headlights on your new car are broken?  If she insists, send her down to the dealership and let them explain.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »

Half way done the wrapping, time for a Centurion and Southern Tier 2X Presso.
Hmmm, maybe I'll drink one of those too. Been trying to cut way back on the beer consumption but I'm gonna need something to help me get through the dance recital.
That is martini strength material not beer.
Indeed, makes wrapping afterwards more creative!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2015, 05:38:24 PM »

Half way done the wrapping, time for a Centurion and Southern Tier 2X Presso.
Hmmm, maybe I'll drink one of those too. Been trying to cut way back on the beer consumption but I'm gonna need something to help me get through the dance recital.
Nutcracker or just general Christmas theme?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2015, 05:39:35 PM »

Couple of the CI deals with $20 gift card aren't too bad...Diesel corona, Xicar HC, MOW Immortal, although Oliva MB3 not so much.
I've been eye'ing up that Xicar HC, but I've never had it in the Criollo.  I've had it in the Maduro which I really liked, and I've had it in the Connecticut which I really hated.  The 8 Ball says, "Outlook Bad."
Actually a solid cigar, and a good price.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2015, 05:41:40 PM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and ComeNGoneDad
I was bantering in my sleep last night.  It must have been that Ambien I took...?
Heard of sleep walking but sleep bantering?
My wife was putting on a little weight, and I asked her about it.  She said, "I don't know what's happening, I'm starving myself and I keep gaining weight...?"  About a week later I hear in the middle of the night in the kitchen, so I was going to sneak in and give her the ol' a ah ah, "Caught ya..!"  But she was eating in her sleep.  She also made,  (I think it was), a Banana Cream Pie in her sleep in the middle of the night.  Along with a few other crazy things.  But she was on Ambien at the time.
Pie baking in your sleep?  Can't mess with Mother Nature.
Forget the eating, why not just stick with the hypersexuality side effect...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2015, 05:42:18 PM »

Evening CB, done with my little PW tirade for now.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »

An impressive string of posts.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »

You got to catch up some from taking a week off.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2015, 06:07:33 PM »

Good afternoon cowboys...!  I'm just reading and lurking a little before starting supper.
A little late to be starting....doesn't it take you 3 or 4 hours to prepare usually?
It does if I make some thing big, such as the beef stew I made yesterday.  But we had left overs yesterday, so that didn't take any time and was easy.  Today I had left over lettuce, tomato, and onions from a salad, and I also have some tortillas.  So I check in the freezer and spotted some Tyson Honey Breast Tenders.  So the chicken strips went into the toaster over for 10 min., and I wrapped it all (lettuce, tomato, onions, chicken, hot sauce, and Marzetti Sweet Vidalia Onion salad dressing.  Sort of a weird chicken wrap.  Heated the left over cabbage, and I was done in about 20 min.  It actually turned out very good...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2015, 06:10:59 PM »

You got to catch up some from taking a week off.
Yes indeed, did get a little constipated.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2015, 06:12:16 PM »

It does if I make some thing big, such as the beef stew I made yesterday.  But we had left overs yesterday, so that didn't take any time and was easy.  Today I had left over lettuce, tomato, and onions from a salad, and I also have some tortillas.  So I check in the freezer and spotted some Tyson Honey Breast Tenders.  So the chicken strips went into the toaster over for 10 min., and I wrapped it all (lettuce, tomato, onions, chicken, hot sauce, and Marzetti Sweet Vidalia Onion salad dressing.  Sort of a weird chicken wrap.  Heated the left over cabbage, and I was done in about 20 min.  It actually turned out very good...
Wonder if the little lady is going to get you a fancy new toaster oven for Christmas.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2015, 06:21:40 PM »

@BD...Did you and the little lady come to agreement on whether the headlights on your new car are broken?  If she insists, send her down to the dealership and let them explain.
I had to take her outside and place a magazine over the auto headlight sensor, so she could see how it effects how the lights work.  Then explained that the sun is brighter when she gets off of work at 8am than it is at 7am.  Anyway, I think she got it.  Now she said the headlights come on when she turns on the turn signals.  Again, this was at (I'm guessing) 7:30 am., and we've had some very dark cloudy days.  I went out earlier during bright sunlight, and I tried the light and I can't find anything wrong with them.  I told her to just turn the damn light on and off manually...  But she said, "But I like the auto feature..!"  Good god, I need a drink just thinking about it...   :o

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2015, 06:28:57 PM »

I had to take her outside and place a magazine over the auto headlight sensor, so she could see how it effects how the lights work.  Then explained that the sun is brighter when she gets off of work at 8am than it is at 7am.  Anyway, I think she got it.  Now she said the headlights come on when she turns on the turn signals.  Again, this was at (I'm guessing) 7:30 am., and we've had some very dark cloudy days.  I went out earlier during bright sunlight, and I tried the light and I can't find anything wrong with them.  I told her to just turn the damn light on and off manually...  But she said, "But I like the auto feature..!"  Good god, I need a drink just thinking about it...   :o
Just tell her as long as they don't turn off in the dark she's good.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2015, 06:30:07 PM »

Good to have some college football games on.  I can't believe the end is near... :(
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13