CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: 9/3/2015  (Read 31945 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/3/2015
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »

Unusual phone (landline) problem.  If you call my house, you will receive on ring and that's it.  It's as thou your call has gone into a call blocker.  On my end, I do not get a ring, so I'll never know you called.  Thinking the answering machine may be messed up and is picking up the line, I disconnected everything.  Called my house on my cell, and again, one ring then dead silence.  I still have an old 1960's phone, so I plug it in, and it's the only phone connected. I call my number, one ring, then silence.  But my cell phone still shows I'm connected.  I pick up the old phone, and I'm on line to my cell phone (the line is open.)  I haven't tried it yet, but if you call my house, I'll never know it, and the line is open.  Now I'm wondering if the phones transmitter is transferring what's said to the calling party...?  Let me know if you have any thoughts while I make a tin foil hat.
Get a phone from this century.
You can use an old phone the same as a telephone repairmans handset for trouble shooting.  I still need to check the box on the side of my house, but this sounds more like a phone tap.  When you call, and their are no devices on my end, who or what is picking up the phone to cause an open line..?
So why does your phone not work if you can do all  that?  Ooops, maybe you still have a party line and that is the problem or do you have to pick up and say high to Sarah then she plugs in the correct line and connects you.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2015, 12:00:01 PM »

Nothing on here for me today!

Thursday Church Lunch

$9 Dine-in, $9.50 Take-out

MENU—September 3, 2015

ENTREE CHOICES
• Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad
• Stuffed Sole with Saffron Sherry Cream
• Chicken and Green Chili Enchiladas
• Vegetarian Entrée: Rice Patty with Basil Pesto, Tomato and Cheese

SIDES
• Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Lime
• Spanish Rice

DESSERT CHOICES
• Flan
• Cherry Blueberry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream
• Chocolate Espresso Brownie

* Entree salads come with dessert (no sides).
 All meals served with tea, coffee, water and bread.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2015, 12:01:32 PM »

Pasta Bar Day at the Hotel across the street, now that sounds good!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2015, 12:03:26 PM »

Good morning gents.....
Morning Not Car Shopping Dad
I've been waiting for salesmen to call me with some quotes, but I've found out that I'm having phone problems and can not receive calls on my land line (the number I gave to the salesmen.)  So I haven't heard from anyone.  My wife is off today and tomorrow, and I was hoping to go shopping tomorrow, but my wife's sick.
I do feel overloaded...!  Need a car and salesmen can't call, too hot outside to go car shopping, wife has laryngitis and is sick, and we're out of bread...!
LMFAO what the hell better time to take her to look at cars than when she can't talk???
True story. In fact, she doesn't even need to go. Show her the book with the color options, have her point to the one she wants.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »

Unusual phone (landline) problem.  If you call my house, you will receive on ring and that's it.  It's as thou your call has gone into a call blocker.  On my end, I do not get a ring, so I'll never know you called.  Thinking the answering machine may be messed up and is picking up the line, I disconnected everything.  Called my house on my cell, and again, one ring then dead silence.  I still have an old 1960's phone, so I plug it in, and it's the only phone connected. I call my number, one ring, then silence.  But my cell phone still shows I'm connected.  I pick up the old phone, and I'm on line to my cell phone (the line is open.)  I haven't tried it yet, but if you call my house, I'll never know it, and the line is open.  Now I'm wondering if the phones transmitter is transferring what's said to the calling party...?  Let me know if you have any thoughts while I make a tin foil hat.
You can use an old phone the same as a telephone repairmans handset for trouble shooting.  I still need to check the box on the side of my house, but this sounds more like a phone tap.  When you call, and their are no devices on my end, who or what is picking up the phone to cause an open line..?
So why does your phone not work if you can do all  that?  Ooops, maybe you still have a party line and that is the problem or do you have to pick up and say high to Sarah then she plugs in the correct line and connects you.
Party line, you might have some thing there.  If my line was crossed with some one that has an answering machine that picks up on the first ring, that might cause it..?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2015, 12:09:08 PM »

Good morning gents.....
I've been waiting for salesmen to call me with some quotes, but I've found out that I'm having phone problems and can not receive calls on my land line (the number I gave to the salesmen.)  So I haven't heard from anyone.  My wife is off today and tomorrow, and I was hoping to go shopping tomorrow, but my wife's sick.
I do feel overloaded...!  Need a car and salesmen can't call, too hot outside to go car shopping, wife has laryngitis and is sick, and we're out of bread...!
LMFAO what the hell better time to take her to look at cars than when she can't talk???
True story. In fact, she doesn't even need to go. Show her the book with the color options, have her point to the one she wants.
Take her to the lot on Sunday when they are closed and do your shopping then go back by yourself and buy the damn car.  Simple as that!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2015, 12:14:12 PM »

Hackers are offering to sell Hillary's complete "real" email files for $500,000.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2015, 12:16:07 PM »

Good morning gents.....
Go alone and get the deal firm, then bring the little lady to pick the color.
The salesman I'm dealing with (or trying to deal with) is off on Thursdays.  There are two cars I want, one has the basics that I want, but has been sold.  They said they would find another.  The other cars costs $1,500 more and has a moonroof, push button start, and I can get it now.  I really like that, but the more that I think about it, moonroof's normally always leak and will need to be repaired.  As far as the push button start, "what do you do if you press the button and it doesn't start..?"  Is the problem the battery, the button, the switch on the break (you have to step on the break to start the car), would you try and jump it...?  So now it sounds like for $1,500 I can even more problems in the future... ugh..!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2015, 12:18:11 PM »

Good morning gents.....
The salesman I'm dealing with (or trying to deal with) is off on Thursdays.  There are two cars I want, one has the basics that I want, but has been sold.  They said they would find another.  The other cars costs $1,500 more and has a moonroof, push button start, and I can get it now.  I really like that, but the more that I think about it, moonroof's normally always leak and will need to be repaired.  As far as the push button start, "what do you do if you press the button and it doesn't start..?"  Is the problem the battery, the button, the switch on the break (you have to step on the break to start the car), would you try and jump it...?  So now it sounds like for $1,500 I can even more problems in the future... ugh..!
I wouldn't be sh of the roof.  Mine has help up for 9 years in North Dakota weather, so you should be good in MO.  As a note, they service it(lube/inspect it/etc) with all mileage incremental services.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »

Good morning gents.....
Really...!  I'll have to agree on that one.  She took a bunch of cold pills and went to bed, so I probably won't see her till tomorrow.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2015, 12:19:02 PM »

Nothing on here for me today!

Thursday Church Lunch

$9 Dine-in, $9.50 Take-out

MENU—September 3, 2015

ENTREE CHOICES
• Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad
• Stuffed Sole with Saffron Sherry Cream
• Chicken and Green Chili Enchiladas
• Vegetarian Entrée: Rice Patty with Basil Pesto, Tomato and Cheese

SIDES
• Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Lime
• Spanish Rice

DESSERT CHOICES
• Flan
• Cherry Blueberry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream
• Chocolate Espresso Brownie

* Entree salads come with dessert (no sides).
 All meals served with tea, coffee, water and bread.

Chicken and green Chile enchiladas wouldn't be bad, though I prefer shredded beef.  Chocolate espresso brownie sounds really good to me.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2015, 12:19:50 PM »

Pasta Bar Day at the Hotel across the street, now that sounds good!
Yeah, that's always good.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »

Hackers are offering to sell Hillary's complete "real" email files for $500,000.
Ok, then I give them permission. When do I get my money?  8)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2015, 12:24:51 PM »

Have anything to be paranoid about?
You can always call the phone company and have them do the work.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »

Good morning gents.....
I wouldn't be sh of the roof.  Mine has help up for 9 years in North Dakota weather, so you should be good in MO.  As a note, they service it(lube/inspect it/etc) with all mileage incremental services.
This one completely opens.  Now I guess I shouldn't have told my wife that bats fly into them at night.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21