CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: 8/27/2015  (Read 39710 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 8/27/2015
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »

Cigar King has hit another home run daily deal for this this week.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2015, 12:11:26 PM »

The Commie City of Austin implemented a requirement several years ago that if you sell a house that is over 10 years old you have to get an approved Austin Energy Audit prior to closing.  Friend here is selling his mother's house built in 1956 and in addition to the basic tax info, etc here is what he got for the minimum cost "certified" audit of $300.

ENERGY AUDIT SUMMARY                                                                                                           

Actions Recommended?   Yes   

A. Windows and Shading
B. Attic Insulation
C. Air Infiltration  and Duct Sealing
D. Heating and Cooling System  Efficiency (HVAC)

Total Annual Savings:  $320

HOME IMPROVEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS:    
Austin Energy recommends the following actions  based on the energy audit performed by of A-1 Energy Audits

A. Improving your windows and/or adding shading reduces  the heat that the Texas sun adds to your house.
B. Adding insulation to your attic can save you money. This will prevent your house from heating up rapidly during summer and cooling down quickly during winter.
C. Sealing or replacing the air conditioning duct-work can reduce your electric bill and make your home more comfortable. The duct system must be properly sized and in good condition or the heating and cooling system will run longer and cool less efficiently.
D. No heating and cooling system recommendations.

We appreciate your support of the ECAD ordinance  and your efforts to make Austin the most livable city in the country.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »

The Commie City of Austin implemented a requirement several years ago that if you sell a house that is over 10 years old you have to get an approved Austin Energy Audit prior to closing.  Friend here is selling his mother's house built in 1956 and in addition to the basic tax info, etc here is what he got for the minimum cost "certified" audit of $300.

ENERGY AUDIT SUMMARY                                                                                                           

A. Windows and Shading
B. Attic Insulation

Austin Energy recommends the following actions  based on the energy audit performed by of A-1 Energy Audits

A. Improving your windows and/or adding shading reduces  the heat that the Texas sun adds to your house.
B. Adding insulation to your attic can save you money. This will prevent your house from heating up rapidly during summer and cooling down quickly during winter.
C. Sealing or replacing the air conditioning duct-work can reduce your electric bill and make your home more comfortable. The duct system must be properly sized and in good condition or the heating and cooling system will run longer and cool less efficiently.

We appreciate your support of the ECAD ordinance  and your efforts to make Austin the most livable city in the country.
You don't even have to see the house to generate that report. Sheesh.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »

ENERGY AUDIT SUMMARY                                                                                                           

A. Windows and Shading
B. Attic Insulation

You don't even have to see the house to generate that report. Sheesh.
Sounds as bad as getting a home appraisal

Threebean

« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2015, 12:41:44 PM »

good morning guys. got my 'survival cooler' all packed in the event I need to evacuate. ha.
heading for motor vehicles to get my permanent tags, temporary expires tomorrow. still waiting for the lien release on my title to arrive and 'wife' was suppose to sign off on the title but that hasn't happened yet either. oh well. such is life.
Evacuate for what?  Deadbeats unexpectedly showing up?
You won't even get rain from Erika!
Give him a break, he's a hurricane virgin. He just wants the first time to go quickly and make sure no one gets hurt.
Hopefully just get hit with a little spray but no long-term issues to deal with.
TWSS

I can't believe you slackers let that one pass.

Threebean

« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »

Afternoon men. Sitting in the lovely Newark airport waiting on my flight back to the Commie Town of Texas. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2015, 12:50:48 PM »

Afternoon men. Sitting in the lovely Newark airport waiting on my flight back to the Commie Town of Texas.
Good mornin/afternoon Bean

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2015, 01:05:48 PM »

good morning guys. got my 'survival cooler' all packed in the event I need to evacuate. ha.
heading for motor vehicles to get my permanent tags, temporary expires tomorrow. still waiting for the lien release on my title to arrive and 'wife' was suppose to sign off on the title but that hasn't happened yet either. oh well. such is life.
Give him a break, he's a hurricane virgin. He just wants the first time to go quickly and make sure no one gets hurt.
Hopefully just get hit with a little spray but no long-term issues to deal with.
TWSS

Now you want us to do your job for you?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2015, 01:06:41 PM »

15 The Chosen Few Sampler 
           Box of 6  39.99

14 Rocky Patel Catch 22  Robusto  (4.5 x 50)   [even though the picture is RyJ Vintage Toro's]
           5/19.99
13 Diesel Unlimited d.6  Gordo  (6.0 x 60)
          10/34.50
12 Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Consul  Robusto  (4.5 x 52)
          10/37.50
11 Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva   Toro  (6.0 x 54)
           5/39.99
10 Carlos Torano Exodus Gold 1959  Robusto  (5.0 x 52)
          10/32.50
 9 Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown  Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
           5/19.99
 8 H. Upmann Media Noche   Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
         10/37.50
 7 Ave Maria St. George (belicoso) (6.0"x54)
          5/27.50
 6 CAO Brazilia Gol! (5.0"x56)
         10/38.99
5 Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generosos (6.0"x50)
          5/22.50

4 La Gloria Cubana Artesanos Retro Especiale Club
         10/34.99
 3 Brick House Robusto
          5/24.10
 2 Romeo y Julieta Vintage
         10/39.99
 1 Ashton
          5/37.50

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2015, 01:08:04 PM »

Good Un-TexDave travels to you!
Did you see that you missed your DPG Blues?

Threebean

« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2015, 01:09:50 PM »

TWSS

Now you want us to do your job for you?
Yes. I'm delegating.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2015, 01:10:04 PM »

TWSS

Knew you'd be there for the catch.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2015, 01:10:58 PM »

Afternoon Bean, you mean you are leaving a Commie State for a Commie Town.

Threebean

« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2015, 01:11:35 PM »

Good Un-TexDave travels to you!
Did you see that you missed your DPG Blues?
I saw that they were on the jam, but no, I did not miss them.  Sub $37/10 would be missing them.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2015, 01:12:13 PM »

Dow + 354 and Oil + 3.44      Everybody is getting rich!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29