CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: 8/26/2015  (Read 44084 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/26/2015
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2015, 02:46:50 PM »

Good afternoon, degenerates  ;)
Afternoon BS.

Hey, Sammy. Wha'd you smoke for your break?
A diesel unlimited maddie.  Good smoke imo!  got it in a sampler, looked like the d-6 size.

Nice. You get into any of those Room 101 samplers yet?
I did, smoked the San andreas 305 on Saturday.  Very nice.  reminded me of some of the earlier Camacho offerings (dating back 10 years ago or so).
Don't fall in love, San Andreas as well as HN are in fairly short supply and on their way out (limited editions)

Have you had this "Uncle Lee" yet?
Yea, tried it a couple of months ago.  Flavors not in my wheelhouse.

The copy "made with an intense blend of tobaccos" had me wondering. They compare to a Namakubi, but that isn't intense imo.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »

Back from lunch, love those Subway Salads!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2015, 02:47:17 PM »

Another way around it, without having to add additional items, is to use the $10 off code : MCPNSAV10

It has worked with about everything I've tried once you've reached the $50 threshold. Actually a better coupon for between 50-58 than the 17% catsrule.
Aaaaa, more information for my notes....  Afternoon BS...!

Hey, BD. How's the taxi business treating you?
It's not too bad...  I just hate getting the groceries for my deadbeat brother-in-law.  My wife goes over every Friday and buys groceries, 30 pack of beer, 1.7L of cheep vodka, cigarettes, and lotto tickets.  Last week she missed up on his lotto tickets, and he came running out of the house yelling as we were getting in to the truck to leave.  He plays the daily lotto, with multiplier, different amounts of tickets each week, some with the same numbers, and it is confusing.  Even the person selling the tickets couldn't understand what she told him he wanted.  If they are out of an item, and you buy him the closest thing too it, he will throw it into the trash. It's her little brother (in his 50's), and she takes the shit from him, so be it.  If it was me, I'm 63 and getting forgetful.  I forget to go over there a few times.  But I doubt that would straighten him up.

Don't feel bad. Every family has one... unless they already know Dean.  ;) jk

Why doesn't he get around on his own? He have a disability?
He retired at 17, the same as his older brother.  They just came home from school one day and sat in front of the tv and that was that.  The older brother sat there for about 4 years before he decided to get up.  He's been sponging off the family off and on until about 5 years ago he got a job on a fishing boat in Hawaii.  My sister-in-law gave him $4,000 so he could get a new start.  Well, it turned out that the guys on the fishing boat were all drunks and only wanted to drink.  When his $4,000 ran out, he called home for a ticket to return. Thank god my sister-in-law turned a deaf ear on him, so he's been stuck in Hawaii ever since.  I assume he's on some sort of aid.  The younger of the two that we deal with, join the Marines when he turned 18. For over 2 years from 16 to 18 that's all we heard about, Marines, Marines, Marines...!  So he joined and ended his Marines career in about 3 weeks.  At least he had some thing to fall back on, sitting in the basement watching tv.  I think he's waiting to collect Soc. Sec., but hey, I wonder if he knows, "Ya gotta pay into Soc. Sec. in order to correct it...!!!  There's nothing wrong with him, but I'm sure that living by himself for years has effected him.  He has a friend that drives him around, but just not to the grocery store, lottery places, or gas station to get gas for his lawn mower.  I really don't blame him since his parents let him do this.  But he's a real pain in the ass and throws tantrums at the drop of a hat.  I wonder if he would like to go to Hawaii..?
Too many enablers.
What gets to me is, my wife will do just about anything for him.  But me, she has no problem saying no too.
Next time you take her over there with a delivery throw. Her ass out of the car with the beer and let her take care of him.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »

Bernie Sanders says free everything and we can keep our guns!
He keep saying some thing like the dollar is going to collapse by next year, which sort of scares me..

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2015, 02:50:47 PM »

Good afternoon, degenerates  ;)
Afternoon BS.

Hey, Sammy. Wha'd you smoke for your break?
A diesel unlimited maddie.  Good smoke imo!  got it in a sampler, looked like the d-6 size.

Nice. You get into any of those Room 101 samplers yet?
I did, smoked the San andreas 305 on Saturday.  Very nice.  reminded me of some of the earlier Camacho offerings (dating back 10 years ago or so).
Don't fall in love, San Andreas as well as HN are in fairly short supply and on their way out (limited editions)

Have you had this "Uncle Lee" yet?
Yea, tried it a couple of months ago.  Flavors not in my wheelhouse.

The copy "made with an intense blend of tobaccos" had me wondering. They compare to a Namakubi, but that isn't intense imo.
Love me the Namakubi.  Uncle Lee is more like the Namakubi Ecuador which is very different.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2015, 02:50:54 PM »

He keep saying some thing like the dollar is going to collapse by next year, which sort of scares me..
He can go pound sand, only a commie would say that...fucker is probably shorting the dollar!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »

Jared is going for the new Subway Tossed Salads....

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2015, 02:52:16 PM »

Another way around it, without having to add additional items, is to use the $10 off code : MCPNSAV10

It has worked with about everything I've tried once you've reached the $50 threshold. Actually a better coupon for between 50-58 than the 17% catsrule.

It's not too bad...  I just hate getting the groceries for my deadbeat brother-in-law.  My wife goes over every Friday and buys groceries, 30 pack of beer, 1.7L of cheep vodka, cigarettes, and lotto tickets.  Last week she missed up on his lotto tickets, and he came running out of the house yelling as we were getting in to the truck to leave.  He plays the daily lotto, with multiplier, different amounts of tickets each week, some with the same numbers, and it is confusing.  Even the person selling the tickets couldn't understand what she told him he wanted.  If they are out of an item, and you buy him the closest thing too it, he will throw it into the trash. It's her little brother (in his 50's), and she takes the shit from him, so be it.  If it was me, I'm 63 and getting forgetful.  I forget to go over there a few times.  But I doubt that would straighten him up.

He retired at 17, the same as his older brother.  They just came home from school one day and sat in front of the tv and that was that.  The older brother sat there for about 4 years before he decided to get up.  He's been sponging off the family off and on until about 5 years ago he got a job on a fishing boat in Hawaii.  My sister-in-law gave him $4,000 so he could get a new start.  Well, it turned out that the guys on the fishing boat were all drunks and only wanted to drink.  When his $4,000 ran out, he called home for a ticket to return. Thank god my sister-in-law turned a deaf ear on him, so he's been stuck in Hawaii ever since.  I assume he's on some sort of aid.  The younger of the two that we deal with, join the Marines when he turned 18. For over 2 years from 16 to 18 that's all we heard about, Marines, Marines, Marines...!  So he joined and ended his Marines career in about 3 weeks.  At least he had some thing to fall back on, sitting in the basement watching tv.  I think he's waiting to collect Soc. Sec., but hey, I wonder if he knows, "Ya gotta pay into Soc. Sec. in order to correct it...!!!  There's nothing wrong with him, but I'm sure that living by himself for years has effected him.  He has a friend that drives him around, but just not to the grocery store, lottery places, or gas station to get gas for his lawn mower.  I really don't blame him since his parents let him do this.  But he's a real pain in the ass and throws tantrums at the drop of a hat.  I wonder if he would like to go to Hawaii..?
Too many enablers.
What gets to me is, my wife will do just about anything for him.  But me, she has no problem saying no too.
Next time you take her over there with a delivery throw. Her ass out of the car with the beer and let her take care of him.
Don't think the subject hasn't come up a few time about her just staying over there.  She doesn't fall for the, "well, why don't you just try it for a few weeks and see if you like it...?"

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #293 on: August 26, 2015, 02:52:25 PM »

Jared is going for the new Subway Tossed Salads....
If he's lucky they will toss it before they chop it...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #294 on: August 26, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »

Too many enablers.
Yep, helping him is the worst thing for him.
Hey, maybe he could come and work for you TR...  Ya got beer, vodka, and a tv...?  :)
I'd do the bastard a favor and put him out of his misery and the warden too if she did not like it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »

He can go pound sand, only a commie would say that...fucker is probably shorting the dollar!
Glad your C-Buddy Golf did not hear you say that.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2015, 02:55:21 PM »

I have to go back outside and rake grass... bbl hopefully.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2015, 02:55:56 PM »

Glad your C-Buddy Golf did not hear you say that.
Anyone who realistically believes the dollar is going to crash should go crash their head into some roofing nails

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #298 on: August 26, 2015, 02:56:17 PM »

I have to go back outside and rake grass... bbl hopefully.
You trying out for a local greens-keeping crew?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #299 on: August 26, 2015, 02:57:03 PM »

Too many enablers.

Definitely. Sounds like one of my brothers BIL's. His wife likes to refer to as a "free spirit". I told her she's half right. (free loader)... That didn't go over too well.  :o
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30