CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: 8/16/2015  (Read 11402 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 8/16/2015
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2015, 11:12:24 AM »

Watched some movie on tha plane yesterday and a guy in the movie said:  "eventually we have to run out of things to go wrong".  That has been the last 25 hours for us.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2015, 11:14:39 AM »

My daughter had me watching HGTV "Fixer Upper" that's in Waco.  Talented team, unbelievably affordable prices (by NJ standards) and far better craftsmanship.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »

Watched some movie on tha plane yesterday and a guy in the movie said:  "eventually we have to run out of things to go wrong".  That has been the last 25 hours for us.
Happens so often for me, it doesn't even register....just plow forward.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »

For my Pollyanna moment for the day, ignore that and look back on what a great week it was.
OK, got that out of my system, good for another week...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »

My daughter had me watching HGTV "Fixer Upper" that's in Waco.  Talented team, unbelievably affordable prices (by NJ standards) and far better craftsmanship.
My son loves that show.  Waco is unbelievably affordable compared to here.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »

On this day in 1975  I got married.
Yeah, apparently a lot of bad things happened on this date according to Chip's history lessons... Elvis died, Babe Ruth died, and a bunch of airline crashes too.  Glad you flew safe yesterday.  And like TravellinDave said, better that they lost luggage on the way back and not the way there.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2015, 11:19:06 AM »

Yeah, that's the one that's got my wife wanting to move there.  That Joanna is easy on the eyes too so I don't mind watching.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »

For my Pollyanna moment for the day, ignore that and look back on what a great week it was.
OK, got that out of my system, good for another week...
I am concerned about the $3000 worth of fly fishing equipment in one of those checked bags and the reason it was checked is because after carrying it on 4 previous flights the Grand Cayman Airport security said the fly rods (4 piece travel rods 25" long in tubes) could be used as weapons and made me take them from the security checkpoint back to the ticket counter and check them.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »

Yeah, apparently a lot of bad things happened on this date according to Chip's history lessons... Elvis died, Babe Ruth died, and a bunch of airline crashes too.  Glad you flew safe yesterday.  And like TravellinDave said, better that they lost luggage on the way back and not the way there.
If you want a real LOL I missed that anniversary as I flew a corporate plane back then  and made a planned quick round trip to Memphis that day but the Fuk'n plane had an electrical problem and had to stay overnight to get it fixed.g  Seems like I heard that story about 9 times last week, 40 years and still pissed.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2015, 11:27:34 AM »

Add another airline crash today.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »

Yeah, that's the one that's got my wife wanting to move there.  That Joanna is easy on the eyes too so I don't mind watching.
Yea, there's that too.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »

If you want a real LOL I missed that anniversary as I flew a corporate plane back then  and made a planned quick round trip to Memphis that day but the Fuk'n plane had an electrical problem and had to stay overnight to get it fixed.g  Seems like I heard that story about 9 times last week, 40 years and still pissed.
No wonder they can't think straight on a day to day basis, got their minds filled up with all that worthless junk (and associated embellishments)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »

Yes, you two would do well in Texas...... ::) 
Maybe you could get a place next to this other New Jersian...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »

Lunch yesterday in Grand Cayman, the last pleasant thing of the trip.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »

There was a veterinarian at the resort from NJ, very nice fellow but a tad different I will say.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10