Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/11/2015
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »

I think I picked the wrong time to mix alcohol and politics.  :P

« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »

For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'
Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D
Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...

Exactly my source of inspiration.
Haha! That is some good stuff.
Indeed.  Limited qty's around these parts.
Went somewhere that had Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) on the menu but they were out of it.  Really want to try that.
It's a good beer Tony, I picked up a 6er a week or two ago.  Nice higher ABV% and nice hoppy flavors!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/11/2015
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »

Since it's headline time, I saw this earlier and wondered why it couldn't be considered treason. They'd basically be conspiring against America in some form or fashion. I say they should lose their citizenship at the very least.

http://news.yahoo.com/mississippians-charged-trying-join-islamic-state-081252703.html
We're not at war (for some reason) with isis, so unless they sold secrets or actually committed some act of terrorism, they're just suspected terrorists.  I'm All for the eye for an eye thing for these turds, just behead them and see if there are many more willing recruits.  :P

Well, maybe not that far... maybe.  ;)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/11/2015
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2015, 04:26:44 PM »

For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'
Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D
Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...

Exactly my source of inspiration.
Haha! That is some good stuff.
Indeed.  Limited qty's around these parts.
Went somewhere that had Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) on the menu but they were out of it.  Really want to try that.
It's a good beer Tony, I picked up a 6er a week or two ago.  Nice higher ABV% and nice hoppy flavors!

Also a good brew, but a seasonal release I believe. So, kinda limiting.

« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »

For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'
Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D
Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...

Exactly my source of inspiration.
Haha! That is some good stuff.
Indeed.  Limited qty's around these parts.
Went somewhere that had Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) on the menu but they were out of it.  Really want to try that.
It's a good beer Tony, I picked up a 6er a week or two ago.  Nice higher ABV% and nice hoppy flavors!
I will look for some to have this weekend.

« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2015, 04:36:44 PM »

Since it's headline time, I saw this earlier and wondered why it couldn't be considered treason. They'd basically be conspiring against America in some form or fashion. I say they should lose their citizenship at the very least.

http://news.yahoo.com/mississippians-charged-trying-join-islamic-state-081252703.html
It can't be considered treason because they didn't actually succeed in "adhering themselves to the enemy" or "giving them aid and comfort."

It's too bad there's no law against stupidity.  Or maybe that's good, because then we'd have 80 of the populace locked up.

So, you don't think it would be covered under the sud-head 'subversive activities' of the code?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-115

I don't think locking them up will help either... and as you already pointed out, we'd have to let some of those pot dealers out to make room. Yet another discussion.
"Subversive Activities" isn't a sub-heading, simply a related category of activities with lesser significance.  18USC defines both crime and the general minimum and maximum punishments, but doesn't provide the parameters for conviction of the crime, which is left to precedent.  This makes it tricky to define "subversive activities" simply because of the constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech and assembly.  Historically, it's been difficult to successfully prosecute subversion in the US except in wartime.

As for locking them up, I kinda feel that's the worst punishment we can levy.  Lock a couple of twenty-somethings in supermax, and in a couple of years the pointlessness of their existence sinks in - and they still have decades to go.  Execution suits the zealot's mindset, which needs the grand demonstration - it needs action.  Lock down and regiment the zealots existence, and there is nothing to satisfy that hunger.  That's sheer torture.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/11/2015
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2015, 04:38:02 PM »

Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/11/2015
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »

[...]

zealot or not, I don't want to pay to keep their sorry asses in prison for a long lifetime. It costs us to teach them this abject lesson.

« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »

Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.

« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2015, 04:48:47 PM »

[...]

Given how slim a portion of the population gets convicted of such things, I'm happy to pay for them. It's the multiple boatloads of dope fiends in prison I'd like to stop financing.  Taking them out of the system would be vastly larger cost-savings...over both supermax AND what it costs to prosecute a capital crime.

« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »

Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Have a fun at the movies, Sam.  Keep a tight grip on the man card, though.

« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »

Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!

« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2015, 05:06:26 PM »

Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!
it ain't so.... :P

« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2015, 05:17:49 PM »

Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!
it ain't so.... :P
Thanks flip, I feel better already.

« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2015, 05:37:24 PM »

Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!
I ain't chuckin' it, don't you worry.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14