« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »

Hello everyone.  Just taking a break from cutting grass.. ugh..!

Afternoon, BD. Guess the mower fix has put you to work. Maybe you should have just drank and smoked as you looked at all the parts on the table... could have got you a couple extra weeks off. lol
I'd love to just quit cutting grass all together.  But as it grows higher and higher, I start thinking I may not have the strength to cut it.  So I better cut it while I can.
There are solutions for that.  Just costs a bit.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2015, 01:47:08 PM »

I thought I'd try bidding on some single cigars.  10 singles for $2.25. The first bidder decides he wants all 10 of them. I decide I'll bid on 5 and split them with him.  Before I bid, another guy bids on 4 of them.  I still want 5, but since the original bidder had 6, I didn't want to leave him with only 1 cigar, so I bid on his 6 cigars.  I had to go and babysit, so I couldn't watch the end of the bidding.  Another guy decides he wants 5 cigars and I end being the odd guy out and only getting 1 cigar.  So my great deal for last week was 1 cigar for $8.25.  So my lesson learned is, "if your bidding on single cigars, ya have to watch it to the end so some jerk won't screw ya on one stinking cigar @#$%^&*(...!!!!!"

Sorry to hear that. I had no idea that was you. jk  ;)

You can always get some more bidding in before your shipment day.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2015, 01:48:06 PM »

Time for me to go back and do some more yard work...!

"if there is grass, mow it."
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2015, 01:49:45 PM »

I know it's exciting to talk about leprosy as a new banter topic, and I hate to drift back to cigars....

La Imperiosa by Crowned Heads is now available at Atlantic.

Okay, so what's the VIP for a box of the CG if the regular price is $177.95... 5pks already b/o
$142.95  (they are about $35 less across all vitolas)

Good discount there. Seems like a good deal. Puts them in the Tat Black pricing window for me. How much were the Las Calaveras going for there when they were available? 8-10?

Ha. They musta broke that box open cause now it shows box as b/o and 2 5pks available.
The 2015 La Calaveras Corona box of 24 is 210.95 (205.95 VIP),

Ah. That's why those guys who stockpiled were pissy in the CA article... SUCKERS!

« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2015, 01:49:46 PM »

I thought I'd try bidding on some single cigars.  10 singles for $2.25. The first bidder decides he wants all 10 of them. I decide I'll bid on 5 and split them with him.  Before I bid, another guy bids on 4 of them.  I still want 5, but since the original bidder had 6, I didn't want to leave him with only 1 cigar, so I bid on his 6 cigars.  I had to go and babysit, so I couldn't watch the end of the bidding.  Another guy decides he wants 5 cigars and I end being the odd guy out and only getting 1 cigar.  So my great deal for last week was 1 cigar for $8.25.  So my lesson learned is, "if your bidding on single cigars, ya have to watch it to the end so some jerk won't screw ya on one stinking cigar @#$%^&*(...!!!!!"
Also, do your bidding early in the week and if you win that (a larger item), you then have a week until deliver to hunt for singles.

« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2015, 01:53:49 PM »

I know it's exciting to talk about leprosy as a new banter topic, and I hate to drift back to cigars....

La Imperiosa by Crowned Heads is now available at Atlantic.

Okay, so what's the VIP for a box of the CG if the regular price is $177.95... 5pks already b/o
$142.95  (they are about $35 less across all vitolas)

Good discount there. Seems like a good deal. Puts them in the Tat Black pricing window for me. How much were the Las Calaveras going for there when they were available? 8-10?

Ha. They musta broke that box open cause now it shows box as b/o and 2 5pks available.
The 2015 La Calaveras Corona box of 24 is 210.95 (205.95 VIP),

Ah. That's why those guys who stockpiled were pissy in the CA article... SUCKERS!
Oh, sorry, the La Imperiosa is the same blend as the 2014 Las Calaveras that has been sold out for the better part of a year.  Don't remember prices from last year, but I'm guessing high $200's.  I got a couple at a B&M for $14.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:40 PM »

I thought I'd try bidding on some single cigars.  10 singles for $2.25. The first bidder decides he wants all 10 of them. I decide I'll bid on 5 and split them with him.  Before I bid, another guy bids on 4 of them.  I still want 5, but since the original bidder had 6, I didn't want to leave him with only 1 cigar, so I bid on his 6 cigars.  I had to go and babysit, so I couldn't watch the end of the bidding.  Another guy decides he wants 5 cigars and I end being the odd guy out and only getting 1 cigar.  So my great deal for last week was 1 cigar for $8.25.  So my lesson learned is, "if your bidding on single cigars, ya have to watch it to the end so some jerk won't screw ya on one stinking cigar @#$%^&*(...!!!!!"
Also, do your bidding early in the week and if you win that (a larger item), you then have a week until deliver to hunt for singles.

...and keep adding items to spread out the shipping and SAVE MORE! lol.

I laugh, but I do it all to often. It sounds good when I rationalize it in my head anyway.

« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2015, 01:57:25 PM »

[...]

No pain until you get your CC Bill and say wtf was I thinking~
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2015, 01:58:24 PM »

[...]

Sometimes you can forget entire orders.  ;)

« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2015, 01:59:50 PM »

[...]

Now that is more than just a sometimes for me.  Happened last week.

« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2015, 02:00:49 PM »

heading out. pray Murphy's Law doesn't hit.
Wishing you the Best but I think we will just wait to hear the next reported incident. ::)
Make sure to check in later Dean, we need status updates!
home safe and sound, trailer unloaded, bikerlady home. no problems. kind of dull and boring actually.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2015, 02:03:29 PM »

heading out. pray Murphy's Law doesn't hit.
Wishing you the Best but I think we will just wait to hear the next reported incident. ::)
Make sure to check in later Dean, we need status updates!
home safe and sound, trailer unloaded, bikerlady home. no problems. kind of dull and boring actually.

The story or the bikerlady? You could always spice it up a little... like we would know. haha

Good afternoon, Deano. Glad they didn't tear up your trailer anymore.

« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2015, 02:06:22 PM »

Guess I better quit drinking a few diet cokes each week.

« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2015, 02:07:05 PM »

heading out. pray Murphy's Law doesn't hit.
Wishing you the Best but I think we will just wait to hear the next reported incident. ::)
Make sure to check in later Dean, we need status updates!
home safe and sound, trailer unloaded, bikerlady home. no problems. kind of dull and boring actually.
Damn Dean, we are happy for your good luck but sure were needing a funny story.

« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2015, 02:12:16 PM »

[...]

party pooper.