Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2015, 04:01:57 PM »

Quote from: A Friend of Charlie link=topi guyc=461.msg115240#msg115240 date=1438453170
@ my dads lake house for the day, my daughters birthday and her request to come fishing and swimming. Just had a MCII PC with Sculpin
Daughter's birthday is next weekend but she's gonna be 12 and gives me shit about cigar smoking.  We're doing some father/daughter bonding today though since mom and the boys are at a birthday party.
Just tell her she's lucky that's the worst you do....there are lots of other habits.
I can't even get my wife to understand my cigar smoking.  I blame the schools too.  These days they teach that 2nd and 3rd hand smoke is worse than heroin.
Does she understand anything else about you?
What is there to understand?
Good point.

« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2015, 04:09:56 PM »

A'ight, boys.  Gotta go work on vehicles for a while, then get ready for a gig.  I'll catch y'all as I can on the mobile.
Break a leg!

« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2015, 04:10:32 PM »

A'ight, boys.  Gotta go work on vehicles for a while, then get ready for a gig.  I'll catch y'all as I can on the mobile.
Break a leg!
GFY!

« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »

Next Saturday at this very time I will be on final approach to the Little Cayman Airstrip.
Delivering a briefcase of cash to your bankers?
No banks on Little Cayman

« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2015, 04:40:44 PM »

Next Saturday at this very time I will be on final approach to the Little Cayman Airstrip.
Delivering a briefcase of cash to your bankers?
No banks on Little Cayman
Your drug dealer then?

« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2015, 04:40:52 PM »

The heart attack talk always seems to kill the banter too.
Not for me. I hope to God I die of a heart attack, rather than the cancer I'm almost certainly destined for. Not bloody likely though. My heart is in terrified shape and my arteries are too.

Now this is a post that could kill the banter.

Morning, muchachos.
+1 on heart failure vs. cancer
  Heart failure........cancer.....stroke.  I hate the thought of lingering on as either a vegetable or unable to move/move well...
Yeah, give me the heart attack.

Or a backpack full of dynamite and an airplane.
Problem is, with how good medicine is....there is not much left to die from.
I sort of see that differently, all this good medicine frequently causes people to outlive their minds as happened to my mother.  She once told me "SON, it does matter how long you live it only matters how you die". That was about 20 years ago and I will never forget it.  She was absolutely correct and I
And outliving my mind is what I absolutely do did not want to do.  Nor do did I want my mind to outlive the functioning of my body, as happened to my grandmother.  She died at 102, and her mind was clear as a bell until the end but the body hadn't kept up for 20 years.

But it's okay, I'll probably die on the motorcycle.  The benefits of living a risky lifestyle.
Fixed a couple of errors for you Raz

« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2015, 04:41:30 PM »

A'ight, boys.  Gotta go work on vehicles for a while, then get ready for a gig.  I'll catch y'all as I can on the mobile.
Break a leg!
GFY!
I thought that was the right thing to say.  Sheesh, I didn't mean anything by it.  Although the irony wasn't lost on me either.

« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2015, 04:41:59 PM »

Next Saturday at this very time I will be on final approach to the Little Cayman Airstrip.
Delivering a briefcase of cash to your bankers?
No banks on Little Cayman
Your drug dealer then?
My fishing guide

« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »

A'ight, boys.  Gotta go work on vehicles for a while, then get ready for a gig.  I'll catch y'all as I can on the mobile.
Break a leg!
GFY!
I thought that was the right thing to say.  Sheesh, I didn't mean anything by it.  Although the irony wasn't lost on me either.
Yeah really he is too sensitive.  Not like you told him to fall in a ditch or something.

« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2015, 04:44:06 PM »

A'ight, boys.  Gotta go work on vehicles for a while, then get ready for a gig.  I'll catch y'all as I can on the mobile.
Break a leg!
GFY!
I thought that was the right thing to say.  Sheesh, I didn't mean anything by it.  Although the irony wasn't lost on me either.
Things people have stopped saying around me:

Break a leg.
Let's go sight in a rifle.
Grab that target stand and bring it over.
Let's go shooting tonight.

;-)

« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2015, 04:44:50 PM »

Next Saturday at this very time I will be on final approach to the Little Cayman Airstrip.
Delivering a briefcase of cash to your bankers?
No banks on Little Cayman
Your drug dealer then?
My fishing guide
What's her name?

« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2015, 04:50:13 PM »

Time to head out.  No gig here but the family is waiting on me.  See yuz.

« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2015, 04:57:52 PM »

Time to head out.  No gig here but the family is waiting on me.  See yuz.
Later Tony

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2015, 04:59:29 PM »

Damn, I was feeling pretty good about finishing up a big chore (f'n swimming pool), and I come here and now am thinking about how I'll be departing this vale of tears.  Sheesh.

« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »

Damn, I was feeling pretty good about finishing up a big chore (f'n swimming pool), and I come here and now am thinking about how I'll be departing this vale of tears.  Sheesh.
I was getting ready to get a cigar then mix a sparkling water and Tito's before getting in the f'n pool.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13