CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: 6/24/2015  (Read 33229 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 6/24/2015
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2015, 03:45:14 PM »

Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs a Ton (5.0"x60) 5 CIGARS $25.00
Guess you're impatient....lol

Yea, next time I'm planning on being in the Athens area, I'll be sure to let you know.

Just lookin to PW
Just giving you a hard time.  I'll be closing up shortly then you can update to your heart's content.

Sure, leave me with the Gurks

Oh, hey Flip. lol
no harm, no foul.... no fowl either, not a single chicken...

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2015, 03:46:24 PM »

Winner take all tonight in the College World Series.

Pulling for the Commodores... so they'll probably lose.  :o haha
Me too so now they are doomed.
Gotta balance it out pulling for UVA
+1 Yoo-vee-ay, Yoo-vee-ay, Yoo-vee-ay ... good game last night ... have to root for the home (state) team and ACC ... nothing against SEC and BOTLs TR & LSUChip ... just would like to see them puil it off after getting so close last year.
Well we are 2 and 2 now.  BS is in SEC country too
TR, since you brought the Murcielago deal to the fore, I've been mulling it over, and went through my cigars and found a 4 pack of the box press regular toros (6x50).  So, before pulling the trigger on the deal, I thought I need to refresh my memory on them.  I know I have a partial box buried somewhere, don't remember being enthusiastic about them.  When it comes to chocolate ... some people like the bitter or semi-sweet and some prefer sweet milk chocolate ... which is more to my taste ... my memory of the Murcielago was more on the bitter or semi-sweet side of things.  Dang you ... I was partly hoping I wouldn't like it, so it would be a no-brainer on turning down the offer (spent way too much in recent months on "great deals"), but I had it sipping bourbon while watching the CWS game and it was really good ... dark, but rich tobacco flavor ... so thanks for bringing the deal to our attention ... I am a fan of most of the E.O. brands, and this one did not disappoint ... I just hope these boxes have that same aged rich tobacco flavor.  Followed that up with a Diesel HotD corona, again a great tasting cigar that doesn't disappoint.
They are one of my favorite smokes under $1o-12 But this is way more than a good deal because these are seriously probably the last ones to ever be found other than maybe a few singles in a B&M or something.

That reminds me I got to drag out some Tupperware and season it :)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2015, 03:47:25 PM »

Always more fun that way. SIL family from the Nashville area. Big Vandy ties.
No doubt, much respect for the Commodores, they are a talented and tough team ... just hope the Wahoos/Cavaliers can rise to the occasion and claim a title since Vandy won over them last lt year.
Afternoon Sly
Shook them up last night with a pitcher they didn't have much book on.
Dave, i WONDER IF THEY PLANNED IT THAT WAY OR IF THAT WAS THE ONLY GUY THEY REALLY HAD AVAILABLE THAT WOULD BE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE. (dang caps lock, too lazy to rewrite it).
Supposedly they are short on the starting rotation, so went with using relievers.  They were probably surprised that he went six.  Have their ace available for game three.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2015, 03:49:39 PM »

+1 Yoo-vee-ay, Yoo-vee-ay, Yoo-vee-ay ... good game last night ... have to root for the home (state) team and ACC ... nothing against SEC and BOTLs TR & LSUChip ... just would like to see them puil it off after getting so close last year.
TR, since you brought the Murcielago deal to the fore, I've been mulling it over, and went through my cigars and found a 4 pack of the box press regular toros (6x50).  So, before pulling the trigger on the deal, I thought I need to refresh my memory on them.  I know I have a partial box buried somewhere, don't remember being enthusiastic about them.  When it comes to chocolate ... some people like the bitter or semi-sweet and some prefer sweet milk chocolate ... which is more to my taste ... my memory of the Murcielago was more on the bitter or semi-sweet side of things.  Dang you ... I was partly hoping I wouldn't like it, so it would be a no-brainer on turning down the offer (spent way too much in recent months on "great deals"), but I had it sipping bourbon while watching the CWS game and it was really good ... dark, but rich tobacco flavor ... so thanks for bringing the deal to our attention ... I am a fan of most of the E.O. brands, and this one did not disappoint ... I just hope these boxes have that same aged rich tobacco flavor.  Followed that up with a Diesel HotD corona, again a great tasting cigar that doesn't disappoint.

Those Murcs are great... where/what was the deal?
They are over at Atlantic.  These are probably the last of the original Murcs to be had.  These were made in classic round form where the regular production Murcs were box pressed.  Taste the same to me.  Available in both box and bundle.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2015, 03:49:58 PM »

TexDave, what was the Murc deal Sly speaks of?
Hahhh you miss a day you miss a deal and it is a major deal.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars/murcielago-cigars.asp

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2015, 03:51:55 PM »

Congrats on another star, SLY.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »

No doubt, much respect for the Commodores, they are a talented and tough team ... just hope the Wahoos/Cavaliers can rise to the occasion and claim a title since Vandy won over them last lt year.
Afternoon Sly
Dave, i WONDER IF THEY PLANNED IT THAT WAY OR IF THAT WAS THE ONLY GUY THEY REALLY HAD AVAILABLE THAT WOULD BE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE. (dang caps lock, too lazy to rewrite it).
Supposedly they are short on the starting rotation, so went with using relievers.  They were probably surprised that he went six.  Have their ace available for game three.
One thing for sure, Vandy is not short in the available pitching department, just so they don't all choose to have a bad night.  But they must hit also to win!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2015, 03:53:34 PM »

Congrats on another star, SLY.
Old 2 Star, ya PW.  Keep posting!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2015, 03:54:55 PM »

Thanks... didn't think ya'll were goin' to give it up for a minute.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »

Those Murcs are great... where/what was the deal?
They are over at Atlantic.  These are probably the last of the original Murcs to be had.  These were made in classic round form where the regular production Murcs were box pressed.  Taste the same to me.  Available in both box and bundle.
I can't tell any difference other than personally I kind of like the look and feel of a box press but I am in the minority there probably.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »

Thanks... didn't think ya'll were goin' to give it up for a minute.
You know we will but you know we will fuk with you first. ;). I bought 80 of them, thinking about buying some more.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2015, 03:57:28 PM »

Afternoon Sly
One thing for sure, Vandy is not short in the available pitching department, just so they don't all choose to have a bad night.  But they must hit also to win!

"The key to winning is scoring runs" ~ by some dumbass announcer somewhere

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2015, 03:58:50 PM »

Afternoon Sly

"The key to winning is scoring MORE runs" ~ by some dumbass announcer somewhere
Fixed it for you, your announcer was behind the time

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2015, 03:59:46 PM »

I think the price went down on the Murcs since yesterday.  I swear the Toro's were $71.00 yesterday.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »

Time to fix another mug of heart medicine.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20