« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2015, 10:23:42 AM »

Time to get ready for checkout and work, BBL.

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.
Morning, Mr. Mayor.
I promised you a used car story today... I'm actually working from home today because I had to take my car in for service this morning.  I had my ball joints, tie rods, etc replaced earlier this month.  They told me I should get my brakes done too but I just couldn't swing it this month so I told them I'd hold off.  On my way home it was making noise but I just chalked it up to the brakes.

Fast forward to earlier this week in the train station parking lot, I found a lug nut on the ground with the threaded stem still in it.  I shoved it in my pocket because the train was there and figured I'd deal with it later.  When I returned from work I realized that 3 lugs/stems were broken off.  I took my lug wrench out and tightened the remaining two nuts and since I have a death wish, I drove it home.  Voila!  The noise I thought were the brakes is gone.  Those fuckers sent me on my way without tightening any of the lug nuts on my driver's side front wheel.  Not so worried about my own safety, but I take my kids to school in that car.  WTF?!?!

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2015, 10:38:59 AM »

[...]

That'd be hilarious if it wasn't so scary. I learned long ago to check the lugs after any service involving removal of the wheels. Too many near-tragic experiences.

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2015, 10:41:59 AM »

[...]

I will check from now on, but never would have thought to do that.  When I told the service guy this morning, he turned white as a ghost even before I said anything about my lawyer.

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »

[...]

Geez! Rat bastards.

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »

[...]

So Charlie's driving tomorrow.

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »

[...]

Lol, and rightfully so.

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »

So Charlie's driving tomorrow.
Lol, and rightfully so.
That was the plan but if I get my car back today in working order...  ;)

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2015, 11:31:59 AM »

So Charlie's driving tomorrow.
Lol, and rightfully so.
That was the plan but if I get my car back today in working order...  ;)
Somebody bring a spare lug wrench.

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2015, 11:33:16 AM »

So Charlie's driving tomorrow.
Lol, and rightfully so.
That was the plan but if I get my car back today in working order...  ;)
Somebody bring a spare lug wrench.
I just bought one on Tuesday.

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2015, 11:51:00 AM »

[...]

What are you smoking Dave?

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »

[...]

Inquiring minds wanna know.  I'm assuming Nate and you are at the event already?

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2015, 12:24:51 PM »

[...]

They were at the Bethlehem store, Perdomo event

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2015, 12:27:37 PM »

[...]

You should suggest they throw in new brakes to compensate for their error.

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2015, 12:29:36 PM »

[...]

First year I miss that....always nice with Dapper Nick.