Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2015, 09:30:42 AM »

Good morning Chip, Tony, Dave, and Dave.
Off to rescue 11 baby possums, don't ask why. Bikerlady is involved with Florida Animal Rescue and got a call. She nurses them to health and releases them back into the wild. Works with all types of wildlife.
Long ride north so I get to smoke.
Nasty ass Fuk'n possums, shoot the bastards!
Or you could sell the nasty things on the side of the road for $5.00 each like they do down here.  Fresh coon or possum can be found around town for sale.
I think I'll pick the restaurant when I visit.
Hah!  Morning Dave & Chip.

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2015, 09:31:05 AM »

Good morning Chip, Tony, Dave, and Dave.
Off to rescue 11 baby possums, don't ask why. Bikerlady is involved with Florida Animal Rescue and got a call. She nurses them to health and releases them back into the wild. Works with all types of wildlife.
Long ride north so I get to smoke.
Nasty ass Fuk'n possums, shoot the bastards!
Deadbeat possums.
Exactly.

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2015, 09:32:27 AM »

Good morning Chip, Tony, Dave, and Dave.
Off to rescue 11 baby possums, don't ask why. Bikerlady is involved with Florida Animal Rescue and got a call. She nurses them to health and releases them back into the wild. Works with all types of wildlife.
Long ride north so I get to smoke.
Nasty ass Fuk'n possums, shoot the bastards!
Deadbeat possums.
Exactly.
Choot-Um!!!!
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 09:32:29 AM »

Morning Travellin Dave & LSU.  Guess Tony is already training for next years 24 hour race season. :)
There's never an off season for athletic supporters.
LOL!  This will be my last post about it...

What an amazing 24 hours!!!  Women placed 1, 2 and 4 with Katalin NAGY and Traci FALBO dominating and Maggie running the race of her life to finish fourth!!!
And two men, Rich RIOPEL and Harvey LEWIS, both placed in the Top 10 and Greg ARMSTRONG made a huge run. The Team (top 3 women/top 3 men) barely missed Bronze by a small margin.

Maybe we can get a herf team together for next year....lol
Well Rich lives down in Marlboro and enjoys an occasional cigar when he's not training.  My sense is that he'll be resting for a while.  Maybe he'll come to our next herf.
A big Congratulations to your Rich buddy, Tony.  That is a great feat.

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »

Morning Sly
good morning, TR.  how are you this AM? Have you got anything burning?
After being out & about all day yesterday, I came home to get some stuff done & never got back out as hoped for to have a smoke ( I got the Nica Libre 25th & want try it out).  Maybe later today.
I don't smoke in the mornings very often unless I am on vacation at the beach or such.  When I do smoke in the mornings it is usually a Hemingway Short Story, great cigar.  And on that topic I saw a while back the Short Story was one of the most complicated cigars to roll and only the best rollers construct them.

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 09:40:14 AM »

Good morning again, fellas.
Morning Tony, congratulations to Rich. In my mind finishing is winning in that competition!
I'm with you buddy.  But 8th in the world out of 302 is pretty darn impressive too.  Considering I had to talk him into running his first 5k, seven years ago.  He's come a long way, literally and figuratively.

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2015, 09:49:27 AM »

Good morning again, fellas.
Morning Tony, congratulations to Rich. In my mind finishing is winning in that competition!
I'm with you buddy.  But 8th in the world out of 302 is pretty darn impressive too.  Considering I had to talk him into running his first 5k, seven years ago.  He's come a long way, literally and figuratively.
8th in the world at anything is damned impressive but Jeez running that long/far is something beyond human!  How old is he?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2015, 09:56:45 AM »

Morning Sly
good morning, TR.  how are you this AM? Have you got anything burning?
After being out & about all day yesterday, I came home to get some stuff done & never got back out as hoped for to have a smoke ( I got the Nica Libre 25th & want try it out).  Maybe later today.
I don't smoke in the mornings very often unless I am on vacation at the beach or such.  When I do smoke in the mornings it is usually a Hemingway Short Story, great cigar.  And on that topic I saw a while back the Short Story was one of the most complicated cigars to roll and only the best rollers construct them.
Wow, that must be some morning smoke. I hear you, I just don't seem to have time for one or the inclination, especially after having 2-3 the night before.  But on a rare occasion, I am able to enjoy one around noon time with coffee & the newspaper out on a deck.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2015, 09:59:16 AM »

Good morning again, fellas.
Morning Tony, congratulations to Rich. In my mind finishing is winning in that competition!
I'm with you buddy.  But 8th in the world out of 302 is pretty darn impressive too.  Considering I had to talk him into running his first 5k, seven years ago.  He's come a long way, literally and figuratively.
"Luke, I am your father" ... in the running world of course  ... you certainly have something to be proud of Tony ... "Thatsa my boy, Rich"!

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2015, 10:09:41 AM »

Good morning again, fellas.
Morning Tony, congratulations to Rich. In my mind finishing is winning in that competition!
I'm with you buddy.  But 8th in the world out of 302 is pretty darn impressive too.  Considering I had to talk him into running his first 5k, seven years ago.  He's come a long way, literally and figuratively.
8th in the world at anything is damned impressive but Jeez running that long/far is something beyond human!  How old is he?
41, give or take a year.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2015, 10:18:49 AM »

To my friends on the banter, especially fellow Catholics (practicing & non-practicing): This day (not date) in 2000, Pope (now Saint) John Paul II declared to be Divine Mercy Sunday (do a search), that the Second Sunday of Easter, in perpetuity would be so named, after the request made by Jesus in His appearances to Sr. Faustina Kowalska in Poland in the 1930's (who knew what was about to happen & that if His words had been followed then, how the outcome might have been different)(However, the Nazi's invaded in 1939, committing terrible atrocities, thus beginning WWII).  JPII also canonized her at the same time (2000) formally recognizing the events, messages & promises given to St. Faustina, especially those graces & mercy especially availailable today on Divine Mercy Sunday and how to obtain them.
If I knew how, I would attach a copy of the painting of Jesus' Divine Mercy, familiar to many, which He requested the nun to have painted, of how He looked in appearing to her. (you can see it in a search ... check it out and see what importance He attached to it.)
See you guys later. Why am I putting this out there to you guys? Cause I love you all & it's something I know about & if it helps one person to live, to deal with a crisis, to prepare for their own death or that of a loved one ... It'll be worth it.  I'd feel bad if I held back on it for fear of criticism or ridicule.  P.S. Research it. The more you learn about it, the richer it gets.  Especially for a poor sinner like me.

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2015, 11:04:50 AM »

Today's Final Round Masters TV starts at 2:00 ET on CBS.

Tee Times for serious and near serious contenders - Top 12 (Eastern Time)

2:00 p.m. -- Paul Casey, Ian Poulter

2:10 p.m. -- Dustin Johnson, Hideki Matsuyama

2:20 p.m. -- Kevin Streelman, Kevin Na

2:30 p.m. -- Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy

2:40 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Charley Hoffman

2:50 p.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Justin Rose

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2015, 11:05:44 AM »

Interesting stuff, SLY.  But we'll still continue to ridicule you.  ;)

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2015, 11:25:52 AM »

Today's Final Round Masters TV starts at 2:00 ET on CBS.

Tee Times for serious and near serious contenders - Top 12 (Eastern Time)

2:00 p.m. -- Paul Casey, Ian Poulter

2:10 p.m. -- Dustin Johnson, Hideki Matsuyama

2:20 p.m. -- Kevin Streelman, Kevin Na

2:30 p.m. -- Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy

2:40 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Charley Hoffman

2:50 p.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Justin Rose
What do they do with their morning, brunch?

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »

Miguel Ángel Jiménez on the practice range at the Masters with a giant vitola cigar in his mouth!   May have been a Gurkha not sure.  All cigar guys gotta luv it :).  Funny thing is he is just practicing he did not make the cut.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6