Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2023, 01:33:43 PM »

No lunch lull for me!

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2023, 01:35:40 PM »

Look what I just opened a box of...
Ooh, a classic.

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2023, 02:49:09 PM »

Here's a question for the banter - what do you call the end pieces of a loaf of bread?
Heels.
Which was the #1 answer, which was another surprise.
I wonder if it's a Midwest thing? Most of my people came out of North Dakota and Iowa.
Must be. Like the difference between soda and pop, pop being something you don't hear much outside the Midwest.
That's one that I think shows my west coast origins. I didn't hear it referred to as "pop" until we moved to Texas in the mid-70s. It was always "coke," or "soda." Both my grandmothers, one of whom was from North Dakota and the other from Moulton, Iowa, referred to it as "soda pop." But both my parents referred to it as "coke," or "soda" and that's what I picked up.
That surprises me, Texas having spots where it's referred to as pop. And not many things about Texas surprise me these days.
Like I said to TD, it was more a generational thing. I was eleven when we moved to Texas, and that was a pretty heavy culture shock in 1976 for a kid who'd been born at the ass-end of Silicon Valley and arrived in Texas after five years in Arizona. Linguistically, there were a lot of new usages and pronunciations to master. But how soft drinks were referred to was a pretty clear line of demarcation between generations.
Which makes sense. Some of the things we said as kids confused the hell out of our parents, and I'm constantly asking my kids to define a word they just used because I have no idea what they meant when they said it.

EDIT: My recent favorite is probably "no cap", which, for some reason, means true. Of course, I start immediately using it to try to make it sound as lame as possible. :D
I'm with you, no cap.

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2023, 03:03:52 PM »

5 for me.

Wordle 731 5/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2023, 03:04:04 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2023, 03:31:07 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.
Followed by some Insomnia Cookies. Ok, time to head back.

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2023, 03:36:28 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.
Followed by some Insomnia Cookies. Ok, time to head back.
Don't fall asleep at the wheel!

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2023, 05:19:09 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.
Followed by some Insomnia Cookies. Ok, time to head back.
Don't fall asleep at the wheel!
I've never fallen asleep driving. I've woke up driving a few times...

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2023, 07:16:32 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.
Followed by some Insomnia Cookies. Ok, time to head back.
Don't fall asleep at the wheel!
I've never fallen asleep driving. I've woke up driving a few times...
I have, and it's no fun. Luckily, we only sideswiped a semi instead of ending up in a ditch or worse.

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2023, 07:43:55 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.
Followed by some Insomnia Cookies. Ok, time to head back.
Don't fall asleep at the wheel!
I've never fallen asleep driving. I've woke up driving a few times...
Good one.   :P   ::)

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2023, 07:46:54 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.
Followed by some Insomnia Cookies. Ok, time to head back.
Don't fall asleep at the wheel!
I've never fallen asleep driving. I've woke up driving a few times...
I have, and it's no fun. Luckily, we only sideswiped a semi instead of ending up in a ditch or worse.
That doesn't sound like fun either...

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2023, 08:29:43 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.
Followed by some Insomnia Cookies. Ok, time to head back.
Don't fall asleep at the wheel!
I've never fallen asleep driving. I've woke up driving a few times...
Good one.      ::)
I think I stole that from Stephen Wright.

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2023, 08:55:18 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.
Followed by some Insomnia Cookies. Ok, time to head back.
Don't fall asleep at the wheel!
I've never fallen asleep driving. I've woke up driving a few times...
I have, and it's no fun. Luckily, we only sideswiped a semi instead of ending up in a ditch or worse.
That doesn't sound like fun either...
0/10, would not recommend.

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2023, 09:05:40 PM »

No lunch lull for me!
Having lunch in Providence today. Dropping baby girl off and we stopped for savory crepes.
Followed by some Insomnia Cookies. Ok, time to head back.
Don't fall asleep at the wheel!
I've never fallen asleep driving. I've woke up driving a few times...
I have, and it's no fun. Luckily, we only sideswiped a semi instead of ending up in a ditch or worse.
That doesn't sound like fun either...
0/10, would not recommend.
That's some scary shit there. I'm fortunate enough to never have done that and I often do my long drives at night because it's just easier with kids. The worst part is that I can't sleep if someone else is driving. It actually saved our lives once.  I was the only one awake driving back from Miami about 20 years ago and I jumped from the 3rd row of the minivan to wake up the driver. I drove the rest of the way.

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2023, 09:06:18 PM »

Made it home in one piece today, by the way.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5