Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2023, 11:19:11 AM »

Doesn't look like there will be more bantering before ClemsonDave gets in. Might as well see if I can try again and get a full charge on my phone this time.
Get some coffee in you, get your charge up as well.
That's exactly what I've done. Phone and owner are as charged as they're gonna get today.

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2023, 11:20:21 AM »

Good morning Tony and Dave. I have been up since 1:30 and on the clock for almost 5 hours so far.
Chilled water leak. Filling system now.
Repair has been made.
But what happens when the rest of it rusts away?   :o
I sell the house.

Good morning, ClemsonDave.

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2023, 11:21:01 AM »

Robert Blake "Baretta" dead at 89.
Was he found in a pool?

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2023, 11:24:19 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2023, 11:58:28 AM »

Robert Blake "Baretta" dead at 89.
Was he found in a pool?
Wouldn't that be ironic..

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2023, 12:16:29 PM »

I found out last night that Zach de la Rocha, most famous for being the vocalist for rock band Rage Against the Machine, is my fifth cousin once-removed. That was fun to tell my bandmates.

Our common ancestor was Samuel M. Fleming, 1757-1813.

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2023, 12:26:02 PM »

I found out last night that Zach de la Rocha, most famous for being the vocalist for rock band Rage Against the Machine, is my fifth cousin once-removed. That was fun to tell my bandmates.

Our common ancestor was Samuel M. Fleming, 1757-1813.
I can't keep track of first cousins.... :-[

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2023, 12:39:19 PM »

I found out last night that Zach de la Rocha, most famous for being the vocalist for rock band Rage Against the Machine, is my fifth cousin once-removed. That was fun to tell my bandmates.

Our common ancestor was Samuel M. Fleming, 1757-1813.
That is interesting. How does one find out such things?

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2023, 12:48:57 PM »

Lots of Birthdays today!
Today's Over/Under is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Lucky 13!

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2023, 01:10:29 PM »

I found out last night that Zach de la Rocha, most famous for being the vocalist for rock band Rage Against the Machine, is my fifth cousin once-removed. That was fun to tell my bandmates.

Our common ancestor was Samuel M. Fleming, 1757-1813.
That is interesting. How does one find out such things?
I would guess Ancestory.com and such.

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2023, 02:12:15 PM »

I found out last night that Zach de la Rocha, most famous for being the vocalist for rock band Rage Against the Machine, is my fifth cousin once-removed. That was fun to tell my bandmates.

Our common ancestor was Samuel M. Fleming, 1757-1813.
That is interesting. How does one find out such things?
I would guess Ancestory.com and such.
Curious but never tried one of those.

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2023, 02:15:50 PM »

I found out last night that Zach de la Rocha, most famous for being the vocalist for rock band Rage Against the Machine, is my fifth cousin once-removed. That was fun to tell my bandmates.

Our common ancestor was Samuel M. Fleming, 1757-1813.
That is interesting. How does one find out such things?
I would guess Ancestory.com and such.
Curious but never tried one of those.
I've never done one of those and I've never done one of those DNA tests either. If there are any deeply held secrets in my family's past, they can stay there. Lol

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2023, 02:19:11 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2023, 03:30:04 PM »

Just saw something about two upcoming snow storms. Shouldn't call it that because we're not expecting much accumulation but looks like tomorrow morning and then again on Monday/Tuesday. I'm bored with this shit already.

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2023, 06:04:45 PM »

I found out last night that Zach de la Rocha, most famous for being the vocalist for rock band Rage Against the Machine, is my fifth cousin once-removed. That was fun to tell my bandmates.

Our common ancestor was Samuel M. Fleming, 1757-1813.
That is interesting. How does one find out such things?
I would guess Ancestory.com and such.
I use FamilySearch. It's free. I was scrolling through a list of living cousins when I saw Zach's name. So I checked details on Wikipedia to make sure it was really him, and it was.

Now, by the time you get to fifth cousins, you're deep in "six degrees of separation" territory. I mean, there is a pretty strong statistical possibility that one or more of y'all is a fifth, sixth, or 7th cousin of mine, by marriage if not by blood. Probably not Tony, though, as there seems to be very little Italian representation in my ancestry. Most of my people are northern European, though based on names there were some Spaniards that joined up with the Norman invasion.

Four of my family lines trace to colonial America, two in Massachusetts and two in Virginia. One of the Virginia ones originated in Switzerland. My namesake line immigrated from Germany to Wisconsin by way of Canada in 1848, and another line came from Scotland to Canada in the 1870s. These German and Scottish lines moved to North Dakota in the 1880s after the Natives were pushed into South Dakota, and hooked up there.

From there, the Dakota folks went to California during the depression, and by then the Virginia lines had found their way to Iowa and New Mexico as did one of the Massachusetts lines. They eventually all met up in Los Gatos, California, and...here I am. Though there still a lot of my kin in Bottineau County, ND and in Appanoose County in Iowa.

My wife's people all came out of Buffalo, NY and Newark, NJ. Polish and German, mostly.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5