I emphatically protest today's answer.

Wordle 534 5/6

🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Who you protesting to?

Truth is, I've always used this word, perhaps grammatically incorrectly, before the current climate.
Lots of people use it, and usually I consider usage a valid justification. But there was already a perfectly good past participle form available, without having to invent a sloppy one. That literate people use this word doesn't change the fact that it is an accidental invention, by someone for whom English was a second language, which was subsequently perpetuated into commonality by illiterates. The sheer weight of compulsory public education should have eradicated this atrocity nearly a century ago.

This is almost enough to put me off the game.
I think you might be giving a little too much credit to public education.
Only the weight of it.
Well, tomorrow is a new day and puzzle. Here's hoping they don't choose SHART.

[...]

LMFAO. As I get older, I hope I don't choose it either.

[...]

Lol, facts.

And we've got our first extra time match!

And we've got our first extra time match!
And now, penalties...

And we've got our first extra time match!
And now, penalties...
Well, hats off to the Croatian goalkeeper, he saved 3 of 4 shots, and they're moving on.

And we've got our first extra time match!
And now, penalties...
Well, hats off to the Croatian goalkeeper, he saved 3 of 4 shots, and they're moving on.
That's nuts. Hat's off to Japan's goalie also. Sucks to have to go home based on that.

And we've got our first extra time match!
And now, penalties...
Well, hats off to the Croatian goalkeeper, he saved 3 of 4 shots, and they're moving on.
That's nuts. Hat's off to Japan's goalie also. Sucks to have to go home based on that.
Indeed. Nearly as much dumb luck involved as skill in a shootout. The Croatian goalie happened to guess correctly on the 3 shots he saved.

And we've got our first extra time match!
And now, penalties...
Well, hats off to the Croatian goalkeeper, he saved 3 of 4 shots, and they're moving on.
That's nuts. Hat's off to Japan's goalie also. Sucks to have to go home based on that.
Another reason it's not my favorite sport.
But it's better than celebrating a tie!

Looks like Baker has been released by the Panthers. Guess the 5th rounder we got for him isn't turning into a 4th rounder. Womp womp

And we've got our first extra time match!
And now, penalties...
Well, hats off to the Croatian goalkeeper, he saved 3 of 4 shots, and they're moving on.
That's nuts. Hat's off to Japan's goalie also. Sucks to have to go home based on that.
Another reason it's not my favorite sport.
But it's better than celebrating a tie!
Brazil/South Korea up next. I do not expect this one will go to extra time, but what do I know?

And we've got our first extra time match!
And now, penalties...
Well, hats off to the Croatian goalkeeper, he saved 3 of 4 shots, and they're moving on.
That's nuts. Hat's off to Japan's goalie also. Sucks to have to go home based on that.
Indeed. Nearly as much dumb luck involved as skill in a shootout. The Croatian goalie happened to guess correctly on the 3 shots he saved.
My goalkeeper son would say different. He claims you could watch their feet and there is a sure tell.

I should note that he's generally full of shit.

And we've got our first extra time match!
And now, penalties...
Well, hats off to the Croatian goalkeeper, he saved 3 of 4 shots, and they're moving on.
That's nuts. Hat's off to Japan's goalie also. Sucks to have to go home based on that.
Another reason it's not my favorite sport.
But it's better than celebrating a tie!
Brazil/South Korea up next. I do not expect this one will go to extra time, but what do I know?
13th minute, Brazil already up 2-0. The second one came on a penalty that I'm shocked they didn't review and overturn.

And we've got our first extra time match!
And now, penalties...
Well, hats off to the Croatian goalkeeper, he saved 3 of 4 shots, and they're moving on.
That's nuts. Hat's off to Japan's goalie also. Sucks to have to go home based on that.
Indeed. Nearly as much dumb luck involved as skill in a shootout. The Croatian goalie happened to guess correctly on the 3 shots he saved.
My goalkeeper son would say different. He claims you could watch their feet and there is a sure tell.

I should note that he's generally full of shit.
Well, here's the only question that matters after that claim - what's his penalty save rate?

Hazzuh!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6