CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: 3/3/2015  (Read 65184 times)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/3/2015
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2015, 01:10:19 PM »

Afternoon Joe, Sam, flip
Hi Scott!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2015, 01:13:46 PM »

Austin soon to be a Big Time Player in the World of PGA Golf!

The International Federation of PGA Tours announced a multi-year agreement today making Dell the title sponsor of the World Golf Championships Match Play through 2019.

As previously reported by the Statesman and the Associated Press, the tournament will move to Austin Country Club pending club members’ vote in 2016 and be renamed the World Golf Championships-Dell Match Play. It will be held the week of March 21-27, 2016.

“We couldn’t be more pleased to welcome Dell as a sponsor of the World Golf Championships and, beginning in 2016, as the new title sponsor of the Match Play,” PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem, on behalf of the International Federation of PGA Tours, said in a press release. “The Match Play has a tremendous future with Dell as the incoming title sponsor, the event’s move to Austin and the new round-robin format that is being introduced this year (April 29-May 3).”

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2015, 01:35:09 PM »

The International Federation of PGA Tours announced a multi-year agreement today making Dell the title sponsor of the World Golf Championships Match Play through 2019.

As previously reported by the Statesman and the Associated Press, the tournament will move to Austin Country Club pending club members’ vote in 2016 and be renamed the World Golf Championships-Dell Match Play. It will be held the week of March 21-27, 2016.

“We couldn’t be more pleased to welcome Dell as a sponsor of the World Golf Championships and, beginning in 2016, as the new title sponsor of the Match Play,” PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem, on behalf of the International Federation of PGA Tours, said in a press release. “The Match Play has a tremendous future with Dell as the incoming title sponsor, the event’s move to Austin and the new round-robin format that is being introduced this year (April 29-May 3).”
Hadn't read about the change in format this year. Just read up on it, and it seems wildly complicated. Sheesh.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2015, 01:39:04 PM »

Afternoon Flip
hello back at you sir.
Have you considered some professional help with that little bidding habit you seem to have, don't want it to get out of control or anything. ;)
actully lost on 76 other bids during that time frame.  it was the LP Papas Fritas, that i wanted to try, and for a 5 pack that wasn't too bad, the Olive V belicosa 5 pack, & the SOA kg9 fiver that were a little expensive.  the 5 vegas sampler, is for a friend, can't find the high primings anywhere else, think they took them off the market.  I'm done now, at least till July or so, going to make up a few trade bundles, and a fiver for Tony on the new stuff.  have a pay increase coming this month, and it is retro to 2011, so i had some discretionary spending available.  outside of the 3 Oliva samplers, and some cigars for the legion, these were my only purchases. plus my 59th birthday is coming up soon, thought I could treat myself.      but yes, once i win something, i tend to get carried away, with minimizing the "shipping".
Where have we heard that before??  I ought to start a pool for this one.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »

Heading in for my year end review, shouldn't take long
Spread um wide
Did you pick up your allotment from BD's 55 gal. drum?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2015, 01:41:02 PM »

Morning JWacky

Hey there, Dave.  Are you out here this week?  I can't keep anything straight any more. I know you were in Vista last week.  Swamped the rest of this week so can't meet up if you are. But maybe/probably next week.
Got in late last night.  Will be back next week as well, let me know.

Will do.  What days are you here?
Come in Sunday night late, leave red eye on Thursday.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »

Afternoon Flip
hello back at you sir.
Have you considered some professional help with that little bidding habit you seem to have, don't want it to get out of control or anything. ;)
actully lost on 76 other bids during that time frame.  it was the LP Papas Fritas, that i wanted to try, and for a 5 pack that wasn't too bad, the Olive V belicosa 5 pack, & the SOA kg9 fiver that were a little expensive.  the 5 vegas sampler, is for a friend, can't find the high primings anywhere else, think they took them off the market.  I'm done now, at least till July or so, going to make up a few trade bundles, and a fiver for Tony on the new stuff.  have a pay increase coming this month, and it is retro to 2011, so i had some discretionary spending available.  outside of the 3 Oliva samplers, and some cigars for the legion, these were my only purchases. plus my 59th birthday is coming up soon, thought I could treat myself.      but yes, once i win something, i tend to get carried away, with minimizing the "shipping".
give me $5 on May 12th... ::)  i hope there is a good jam that day, this is Internet orders only right, B&M's don't count, if I finally get my ass to a herf - right?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2015, 01:46:47 PM »

Afternoon Flip
hello back at you sir.
give me $5 on May 12th... ::)  i hope there is a good jam that day, this is Internet orders only right, B&M's don't count, if I finally get my ass to a herf - right?
Correct, you get a pass on B&Ms

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2015, 01:48:15 PM »

Morning JWacky

Hey there, Dave.  Are you out here this week?  I can't keep anything straight any more. I know you were in Vista last week.  Swamped the rest of this week so can't meet up if you are. But maybe/probably next week.

OK, sounds good.  I'll tentatively say Monday night will be best but I'll let you know for sure.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #219 on: March 03, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »

Afternoon Flip
hello back at you sir.
Correct, you get a pass on B&Ms
Kewl! 8)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #220 on: March 03, 2015, 01:52:46 PM »

Afternoon Flip
hello back at you sir.
LOL by all means treat yourself for that particular birthday, wish I could even remember my 59th.
Too drunk?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #221 on: March 03, 2015, 01:55:21 PM »

Hadn't read about the change in format this year. Just read up on it, and it seems wildly complicated. Sheesh.
Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw have been working with the City for a couple of years trying to get a tour event here but the problem has been what course to have it at.  Most of the courses that might have been options would need an unblievable rehab taking a while and big time $ to do, even looked at building a new city owned facility.  Tom Kite lives at the Austin Country Club course and it is a top notch facility on the lake, will look really good on the TV!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2015, 01:55:55 PM »

Afternoon Flip
hello back at you sir.
LOL by all means treat yourself for that particular birthday, wish I could even remember my 59th.
Too drunk?
Too drunk too many times along the way to it is more like it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2015, 01:56:52 PM »

Morning JWacky

OK, sounds good.  I'll tentatively say Monday night will be best but I'll let you know for sure.
part time work keeps a man pretty busy.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »

Morning JWacky

part time work keeps a man pretty busy.

LOL, yeah, I wish this two-day-a-week ad gig were all I had going on! 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26