CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 9/9/2022  (Read 1283 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
9/9/2022
« on: September 09, 2022, 12:19:00 AM »

It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 9/9/2022
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 06:00:15 AM »

Morning, boyos. Happy Friday.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 06:01:21 AM »

Joe:

Astral Talanga Valley Series Toro - 10/29.99

-or-

Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toro - 5/29.99

-or-

Diesel Unlimited d.6 - 10/39.99

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 06:02:33 AM »

Sis:

Door #1 - Partagas Cifuentes Enero (Toro) - 5/24.99

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Collection - 20/84.99
  Each Camacho Scorpion Collection contains:
    10 x Connecticut Shade Robusto (5.0"x50)
    10 x Habano Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50)

Door #3 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto - 10/27.50

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 06:49:56 AM »

Happy Friday, in deed. Finally received the official offer letter last night. Stayed up until nearly 2 filling out paperwork. Looks like I'll be starting two weeks from this coming Monday.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 06:57:17 AM »

I want to hear more about the cheese and chocolate shop.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 07:07:06 AM »

It's an Ohio staple. The barn is the shop with cheese, meats, stuff to make from scratch. 2 floors. The chocolate shop is a separate building that constantly smells like the fudge they're making. They also have an ice cream trailer, but that wasn't open when we were there. We spent way too much money on cheese and chocolate, but we can't help ourselves. Lol

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 07:07:53 AM »

Happy Friday, in deed. Finally received the official offer letter last night. Stayed up until nearly 2 filling out paperwork. Looks like I'll be starting two weeks from this coming Monday.
Congrats again! Is this a full-time WFH situation, or do you have to go into an office?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 07:15:48 AM »

It's an Ohio staple. The barn is the shop with cheese, meats, stuff to make from scratch. 2 floors. The chocolate shop is a separate building that constantly smells like the fudge they're making. They also have an ice cream trailer, but that wasn't open when we were there. We spent way too much money on cheese and chocolate, but we can't help ourselves. Lol
That sounds like a great day. I've told you before that we are a cheese family. At any given moment we will have over 15 kinds of cheese in the fridge.

Come to think of it, we're a chocolate family too.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2022, 07:18:10 AM »

That sounds like a great day. I've told you before that we are a cheese family. At any given moment we will have over 15 kinds of cheese in the fridge.

Two essential foods.

Other than chocolate and cheese, I also got some maple bacon sesame sticks, which I'd never tried before. They're delightful.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2022, 07:38:29 AM »

Congrats again! Is this a full-time WFH situation, or do you have to go into an office?
Thanks. It's actually a contract to hire position so I will be a contractor for 6-months before converting. As far as going into the office, it will be hybrid (3 days on site).

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2022, 08:01:46 AM »

Thanks. It's actually a contract to hire position so I will be a contractor for 6-months before converting. As far as going into the office, it will be hybrid (3 days on site).
At least it's not full-time in the office. Is it in NYC?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2022, 08:21:32 AM »

Two essential foods.

Other than chocolate and cheese, I also got some maple bacon sesame sticks, which I'd never tried before. They're delightful.
Maple bacon? I'm sold.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2022, 08:24:53 AM »

At least it's not full-time in the office. Is it in NYC?
The office will be a 30-minute drive within New Jersey. My first job out of college was in the same area. I'll be putting a lot of miles on the car but otherwise I enjoy driving. That being said, I'll miss working in NYC.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2022, 08:40:35 AM »

Two essential foods.

Maple bacon? I'm sold.
That was my thought as well. Didn't even ask for a sample, just went for it. They used to have samples of everything out, but that appears to have be a victim of covid.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4