Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2022, 11:08:59 AM »

Tactical Bra...now how about that.
Does kevlar chafe?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/qna/answer/qna_16158253036378333424?ocid=msedgntp

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2022, 11:16:33 AM »

Tactical Bra...now how about that.
Does kevlar chafe?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/qna/answer/qna_16158253036378333424?ocid=msedgntp
I mean, I guess it makes sense. Can't expect them to wear something designed for men, cause it just won't fit well on a large number of them.

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2022, 11:16:59 AM »

Over/Under for today is 9
Raz Over/Under is 11
Spot on, 9. Including...

I wouldn't have known her name if it weren't for Raz' post. Looks like BirthdayListDave was pretty much on the money today. I fell short but that's not extraordinary.
You didn't get Julie Newmar? Disapproving sigh.

Sure didn't.
You youngsters. Sheesh.

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »

Tactical Bra...now how about that.
Does kevlar chafe?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/qna/answer/qna_16158253036378333424?ocid=msedgntp
I mean, I guess it makes sense. Can't expect them to wear something designed for men, cause it just won't fit well on a large number of them.
Unlike many of my conservative brethren, I am not one of those who snipes about expensive toilet seats and tools in the military. The real waste and mismanagement at the DOD happens in the big projects, not at the combat gear level, and when I'm out in the elements I wear expensive, specialized clothing to stay warm, dry, and comfortable. And one thing I do NOT do out there is wear MILSURP gear, because that stuff just sucks. It's testimony to the toughness of the American fighter that they can comprise the most powerful military force ever to exist on the planet while having to wear that shit, but it's unconscionable to me that I can go deer hunting in subzero weather without being uncomfortable or limited in movement, and we don't give the same level of consideration to people going in harm's way.

It's a historical abuse perpetrated unnecessarily by the brass, vendors, and various supervisory boards, and it's wrong.

I could spend hours on the history of it, from the Civil War through the GWOT.

The worst of it was in Vietnam, when the Army Ordnance Board shipped out-of-spec ammunition for the Armalite rifle because they wanted the rifle to fail in favor of the made-by-the-military M14. This despite the fact that anybody with even an elementary knowledge of ballistics can tell you that the M14 was absolutely unsuitable for fighting in the jungle. Reading about that absolutely chilled my blood.

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2022, 12:58:19 PM »

[...]

Then there is the F-35 boondoggle...

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2022, 01:01:06 PM »

[...]

For me though, the biggest crime is the lack of funding for soldiers when they come home.

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2022, 01:02:40 PM »

Tactical bra lull.

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2022, 01:37:29 PM »

Tactical cigar.

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2022, 01:39:27 PM »

[...]

Want to become a billionaire? Here's how you do it: You come up with a weapon you claim can do everything, and is cheap. Very carefully lay out on paper why this is, and how cheap it will be. Just make sure to show that it will do everything. If it's a gun, make it under five pounds, and claim it's lethal not just at 20 meters, but also at 1000 meters. Shoots through trees without affecting the trajectory of the bullet. Needs no maintenance. Total morons with cerebral palsy can bullseye at 200 meters. If it's a plane, then it not only can take off and land from an airstrip or a carrier, but can land with NO airstrip, right in any convenient spot, like a helicopter. And it can kill tanks better than an A-10, outrun a surface-to-air missile, is invisible to radar, and can still outmaneuver the opposition in a dogfight. Any high school dropout can maintain it.

This is all total bullshit, but the military loves this shit, and they'll fall all over themselves to give you money. Doesn't matter that it never works right, and don't mind the cost overruns. Don't worry if it never accomplishes what you claimed it would. Blame that on the "dynamic battlefield environment." Just tell them you have the silver bullet, and they'll make you filthy stinkin' rich, especially if you get a senator on your side in whose state you're going to build it. Just tell them it does everything, and then profit.

When my sons were little, they'd build these amazing spaceships out of Legos and come show them to me. So I'd ask, "What does this ship do best?"

"Everything."

"It can't do everything," I'd say. "Remember, the Empire built the Death Star, which could blow up a planet, but couldn't defend itself against an X-Wing. And the Millennium Falcon could do the Kessel Run in four parsecs, but was a maintenance nightmare. "

"This one does everything. Even the Death Star couldn't blow it up. And it never breaks down or runs out of fuel."

They were on track for promising careers as defense contractors. Except their mama would paddle their hineys if they lied. I told her she was destroying our retirement. But did she listen? Nooooooo.

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2022, 01:59:59 PM »

Tactical bra lull.
Needs a holster for a concealed handgun.

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2022, 02:07:48 PM »

Tactical bra lull.
Needs a holster for a concealed handgun.

"Is it a front clasp or a back clasp?"

"Which one?"

"What?"

"What?"

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2022, 02:16:28 PM »

Tactical bra lull.
Needs a holster for a concealed handgun.

"Is it a front clasp or a back clasp?"

"Which one?"

"What?"

"What?"

Do you need some time alone?

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2022, 02:17:13 PM »

Tactical bra lull.
Needs a holster for a concealed handgun.

"Is it a front clasp or a back clasp?"

"Which one?"

"What?"

"What?"

Do you need some time alone?
Not more than three minutes.

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2022, 02:18:00 PM »

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2022, 02:18:16 PM »

Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6