Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

dwgbryant

Davidoff cigars have been made in the Dominican Republic under the watchful eye of Hendrik Kelner since the early 1990s, and the vast majority of those cigars have been a mild- to medium-bodied blend of locally grown filler and binder leaves wrapped with creamy, light Connecticut-seed tobacco. With today’s cigar aficionados having developed a tremendous appetite for Nicaraguan cigars, Davidoff’s new leaders aimed at expanding their footprint, and Nicaraguan tobacco became the target.

But rather than opening its own factory in Nicaragua, or contracting out a brand, the Davidoff team opted to make a different move and import tobacco from Nicaragua to its Dominican factory. There, they used tried-and-true construction and quality control methods to bring an entirely new taste profile to the venerable Davidoff brand.

The result is Davidoff Nicaragua, the most exciting cigars from Davidoff in many years. The cigar line launched in the middle of 2013 to great fanfare, with three sizes: Robusto, Short Corona and Toro. The Toro was our favorite, showing complexity, elegance and balance, with floral notes, hints of coffee and leather and a very long finish. This is a beautiful, elegant smoke that’s a worthy addition to the storied Davidoff name.

Sorry to make this a drive-by.  Just wanted to say hi to Chip, Dave and Dean.  I've got to eat a little something and go back out to shovel.
Logged

dwgbryant

Sorry to make this a drive-by.  Just wanted to say hi to Chip, Dave and Dean.  I've got to eat a little something and go back out to shovel.
shovelling, what's that? I think I forgot.
Logged

dwgbryant

I need to finish this cigar, jump in the shower, do some shopping, and head to my meetings. sheesh.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Good morning, fellow slackers.
Good afternoon Tony.

10X SHEESH

Good Sunday afternoon gentlemen.  PITA getting the snow and ice moved, but 40 degrees feels great.  Got to get as much cleared as I can as temps go back down in the 20s for the week.
Logged

Johnny

10X SHEESH
Howdy Dave, like a desert on both corners.

10X SHEESH
Howdy Dave, like a desert on both corners.
Hey jr.  Little bit of lifeaference.  Had a party last night for my daughter's birthday that turned into an unexpected sleepover due to the weather.  Hadn't planned on breakfast and socializing for 10 today.
Logged

Johnny

10X SHEESH
Howdy Dave, like a desert on both corners.
Hey jr.  Little bit of lifeaference.  Had a party last night for my daughter's birthday that turned into an unexpected sleepover due to the weather.  Hadn't planned on breakfast and socializing for 10 today.
Afternoon Dave, hope everybody had a good time.

Afternoon JR & Sleepover Dave

10X SHEESH
Howdy Dave, like a desert on both corners.
Hey jr.  Little bit of lifeaference.  Had a party last night for my daughter's birthday that turned into an unexpected sleepover due to the weather.  Hadn't planned on breakfast and socializing for 10 today.
Hope you had some prepper supplies to feed and water the troops.
Logged

Johnny

Afternoon JR & Sleepover Dave
Dave, you and the Wife have a good time in Gruene?

Afternoon JR & Sleepover Dave
Dave, you and the Wife have a good time in Gruene?
We had a good time but ended up just staying in New Braunfels.  Few last minute changes had lunch at the Faust Hotel restaurant which is actually a brew pub.  Damn good hamburgers and fries.
Logged

Johnny

Afternoon JR & Sleepover Dave
Dave, you and the Wife have a good time in Gruene?
We had a good time but ended up just staying in New Braunfels.  Few last minute changes had lunch at the Faust Hotel restaurant which is actually a brew pub.  Damn good hamburgers and fries.
Faust is a nice place, bit pricey but great all around.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8