Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2022, 10:25:23 AM »

Makes me want to run right out and try this cigar... :o

"The aroma from the wrapper is medium-full with a crisp earthiness and something that reminds me of the scent of fire-cured tobacco. There’s some weird herbal flavor—at times it’s like a green licorice—along with a chocolate that comes across like spoiled chocolate milk. The cold draws are quite tight and, quite frankly, not the best tasting. There’s raisins, something akin to rotten melon, cocoa, acidity and some general foulness. It’s not rancid, but the foul flavor is off-putting enough that I’m not all that interested in trying to take much time figuring out what exactly it is."

https://halfwheel.com/la-sirena-mexican-mermaid-lancero/409457/
All that before the cigar was even lit. Is he smoking in a dumpster?

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2022, 10:28:41 AM »

Makes me want to run right out and try this cigar... :o

"The aroma from the wrapper is medium-full with a crisp earthiness and something that reminds me of the scent of fire-cured tobacco. There’s some weird herbal flavor—at times it’s like a green licorice—along with a chocolate that comes across like spoiled chocolate milk. The cold draws are quite tight and, quite frankly, not the best tasting. There’s raisins, something akin to rotten melon, cocoa, acidity and some general foulness. It’s not rancid, but the foul flavor is off-putting enough that I’m not all that interested in trying to take much time figuring out what exactly it is."

https://halfwheel.com/la-sirena-mexican-mermaid-lancero/409457/
With that rough beginning, I was surprised to see the final rating...

90
OVERALL SCORE

I recently reviewed the Chogüí Dos77 Corojo Rogusto and used this part of the review to ponder what my thoughts would be like if the cigar’s flavor progression was reversed in order. That cigar started off poor and finished a lot better. I want to be clear, the La Sirena Mexican Mermaid Lanceros' worst point was much better than the Chogüí’s first third, but I can’t help but think how much of a factor the ordering plays into my overall thoughts about the La Sirena Mexican Mermaid Lancero. The first third was excellent, the second third was good and the final third was fine but boring. However, because the best part was upfront, I didn’t have to wait—and in this case, that would have meant waiting more than two hours with my epically slow smoking pace—for the cigar to get good, and quite frankly, for the cigar to get great, as this is the best La Sirena I’ve smoked to date.

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2022, 10:42:25 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 13
I'm gonna say 6 because not sure I'd be able to identify Boz Scaggs or Nick Rhodes without assistance.

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2022, 10:43:10 AM »

[...]

I saw that 90 also and was surprised.

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2022, 11:05:00 AM »

So close to having it in two. Oh well. 'Night lads.

Wordle 354 3/6

🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Also missed getting it in two by just a smidge.

Wordle 354 3/6

🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2022, 11:23:33 AM »

Another never heard of the song or group Heardle today.
If you didn't guess it in the first try, it is repeated for the following three, so no additional help even if I knew it.

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2022, 11:41:31 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2022, 11:59:36 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Millicent Martin is 88.
Actor James Darren is 86.
Singer Nancy Sinatra is 82.
Singer Chuck Negron is 80.
Musician Boz Scaggs is 78.

Author Sara Paretsky is 75.
Actor Sonia Braga is 72.
Actor Kathy Baker is 72.
Rock singer Bonnie Tyler is 71.
Actor Griffin Dunne is 67.
“Dilbert” creator Scott Adams is 65.
Actor-director Keenen Ivory Wayans is 64.
Singer Mick Hucknall (Simply Red) is 62.

Musician Nick Rhodes (Duran Duran) is 60.
R&B singer Doris Pearson (Five Star) is 56.
Actor Julianna Margulies is 55.
Actor Dan Futterman is 55.

Actor David Sutcliffe is 53.
Actor Kent Faulcon is 52.
R&B singer Nicci Gilbert is 52.
Actor Kelli Williams is 52.
Former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., is 52.
Actor Mark Feuerstein is 51.
Contemporary Christian musician Mike Scheuchzer (MercyMe) is 47.
Actor Eion Bailey is 46.
Former tennis player Lindsay Davenport is 46.
Rapper Ye (YAY) (formerly Kanye (KAHN’-yay) West) is 45.
TV personality-actress Maria Menounos is 44.

Country singer-songwriter Sturgill Simpson is 44.
Blues-rock musician Derek Trucks (The Derek Trucks Band) is 43.
Rock singer Alex Band (The Calling) is 41.
Folk-bluegrass singer-musician Sara Watkins (Nickel Creek, I’m With Her) is 41.
Former tennis player Kim Clijsters is 39.
Actor Torrey DeVitto is 38.
Tennis player Jelena Ostapenko is 25.
U.S. Olympic track gold medalist Athing Mu (uh-THING moh) is 20.

Sixteen.

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2022, 02:25:05 PM »

Sheesh, looks like a hard stop on sweet 16.

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2022, 02:25:28 PM »

Ortega Cubao Toro
(6.0"x50)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $8.50 per cigar

In Stock
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$3.00
per cigar
$29.99 total price
SAVE 65%

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2022, 02:26:32 PM »

Sheesh, looks like a hard stop on sweet 16.
I'm resisting the urge to say anything provocative about politics.

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2022, 02:35:58 PM »

Another never heard of the song or group Heardle today.
If you didn't guess it in the first try, it is repeated for the following three, so no additional help even if I knew it.
Only reason I got it was that the last clue gave the title. Not enunciated particularly well but with little effort I was able to figure it out.

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2022, 02:37:10 PM »

Sheesh, looks like a hard stop on sweet 16.
I'm resisting the urge to say anything provocative about politics.
Ain't no one here to hear it anyways.

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2022, 02:40:03 PM »

Another hot and humid one!

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2022, 02:40:53 PM »

Nice sampler up for Tony.

La Palina’s Magnificent Seven Sampler
7 Cigars
| MSRP: $9.14 per cigar