CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: 3/17/2022  (Read 2671 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 3/17/2022
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2022, 01:18:00 PM »

It turns out is was Payday Thursday for me. Woohoo!
Must be pretty flush if you don't have to keep track of when payday is.
No. Just no use keeping track when it is so inconsistent. I know I will get it eventually just don't know when. (TWHS)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2022, 01:19:32 PM »

Today's over/under is 11
Raz Over/Under is 14
Damn you and that picture. I lost count three times.

Fifteen.
What picture, the pistachio muffin?    ;)   ;D

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2022, 01:28:45 PM »

Today's over/under is 11
Raz Over/Under is 14

Fifteen.

No, the Irish Buns.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2022, 01:36:06 PM »

Today's over/under is 11
Raz Over/Under is 14

Fifteen.

No, the Irish Buns.
Let's just agree they both looked delicious.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2022, 01:45:54 PM »

afternoon Tony, Rick, Dave, Dave, and Bret.
Happy St. Paddy's Day. 🍀🍀

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2022, 01:49:05 PM »

Wow, the scammers are getting good.

I found this in my junk mail folder.  Note that the most obvious clue for a phishing attempt - a bad domain name - is absent.  There is no obvious clue that this isn't legitimately an email from eBay, other than I've never gotten an email from confirmation@ebay.com before. It did make me go log in to eBay to see if something was amiss there.

But God help the poor souls who are duped into clicking the links.  It's a reminder to all - never click links, even if they look legitimate.  If it seems like a legitimate message from an online presence you utilize, open up your browser and manually visit the site to see if anything looks amiss. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2022, 01:52:12 PM »

Lá fhéile Pádraig sona dhuit, Deano.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2022, 01:53:22 PM »

Back at ya.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2022, 01:55:05 PM »

I found this in my junk mail folder.  Note that the most obvious clue for a phishing attempt - a bad domain name - is absent.  There is no obvious clue that this isn't legitimately an email from eBay, other than I've never gotten an email from confirmation@ebay.com before. It did make me go log in to eBay to see if something was amiss there.

But God help the poor souls who are duped into clicking the links.  It's a reminder to all - never click links, even if they look legitimate.  If it seems like a legitimate message from an online presence you utilize, open up your browser and manually visit the site to see if anything looks amiss.
Indeed. I am constantly reminding the family not to click. I feel especially sorry for the elderly.

Be careful, Deano!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2022, 01:59:49 PM »

great time at golf yesterday. the Ranger had us go off early to get ahead of a large group that would have been ahead of us. we were on the green at #1 when we saw them. we hit our tee shots on #2 when they came up behind us. as we were starting #3 they were waiting on us. I turned and said "good morning guys". no response. after #3 we never saw them again. the Ranger came out and said they were making up for a rain out the other day and had already played the first two holes previously. ? why the heck they didn't start all over the Ranger had no idea. I am really hitying my drives long, 3 wood too but apparently getting a draw with it out of my swing to get use to. chipping with my 7 iron was spot on and holed out 3 times. could not hit a putt to save my life. the Ranger even let us play the back 9 with no charge and we tipped him well. it was a great day with beautiful weather.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2022, 02:01:43 PM »

Indeed. I am constantly reminding the family not to click. I feel especially sorry for the elderly.

Be careful, Deano!

ha. I get those all the time and not always in my junk folder.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2022, 02:03:10 PM »

great time at golf yesterday. the Ranger had us go off early to get ahead of a large group that would have been ahead of us. we were on the green at #1 when we saw them. we hit our tee shots on #2 when they came up behind us. as we were starting #3 they were waiting on us. I turned and said "good morning guys". no response. after #3 we never saw them again. the Ranger came out and said they were making up for a rain out the other day and had already played the first two holes previously. ? why the heck they didn't start all over the Ranger had no idea. I am really hitying my drives long, 3 wood too but apparently getting a draw with it out of my swing to get use to. chipping with my 7 iron was spot on and holed out 3 times. could not hit a putt to save my life. the Ranger even let us play the back 9 with no charge and we tipped him well. it was a great day with beautiful weather.
Sounds like a good time all around. Well, except maybe for the guys stuck behind you for a bit. Lol

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2022, 02:14:13 PM »

Be careful, Deano!

ha. I get those all the time and not always in my junk folder.

I'd suggest everyone get proactive about checking on your various pots of money every day.  We've been at Cyber-War  with Russia, China, and North Korea for years.  But now we're in an economic war with Russia, and I expect there will be a major uptick in state-sponsored Russian hacking.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2022, 02:14:48 PM »

Sounds like a good time all around. Well, except maybe for the guys stuck behind you for a bit. Lol
at first we kind of felt rushed, but the Ranger sent us out early to avoid them. not like playing best ball is slow. sheesh.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2022, 02:16:07 PM »

at first we kind of felt rushed, but the Ranger sent us out early to avoid them. not like playing best ball is slow. sheesh.
Feeling rushed is the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7