CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 1/18/2022  (Read 3525 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 1/18/2022
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 07:24:05 AM »

From the sounds of struggling cars I'm hearing outside, it seems our streets have still not been plowed.  >:( >:(
The city is an absolute mess. Plow went by my house early yesterday but I definitely have to snowblow when I get home. With breakdowns at work I won't be active on here. Stay safe. Hope you are all well.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2022, 07:32:41 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Weird dreams followed by insomnia.
So sorry to hear it, Raz. Did those dreams come from eating a late night snack?
Nope. Had chicken stew and whole wheat bread for dinner about 7:00. One drink after dinner.

But yes...there does seem to be a bit of a pattern emerging, or a partial one.
Well, we're all waiting with rapt anticipation, what's the pattern?
Carnal relations with my wife. You asked.

It's almost a certainty that afterward I'll dream I'm driving around lost in Tucson and snap awake at 3AM. There are variations to the dream. Sometimes there are people in the car. Sometimes it's some big metropolis but I think it's Tucson. In one variation it's an airport, in another it's a complicated parking lot amongst skyscrapers. But always the same basic tension - trying to figure out where I'm going. Then, insomnia.

Weird.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 07:47:50 AM »

From the sounds of struggling cars I'm hearing outside, it seems our streets have still not been plowed.  >:( >:(
The city is an absolute mess. Plow went by my house early yesterday but I definitely have to snowblow when I get home. With breakdowns at work I won't be active on here. Stay safe. Hope you are all well.
You please do the same, Rick.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 07:50:19 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Nope. Had chicken stew and whole wheat bread for dinner about 7:00. One drink after dinner.

It's almost a certainty that afterward I'll dream I'm driving around lost in Tucson and snap awake at 3AM. There are variations to the dream. Sometimes there are people in the car. Sometimes it's some big metropolis but I think it's Tucson. In one variation it's an airport, in another it's a complicated parking lot amongst skyscrapers. But always the same basic tension - trying to figure out where I'm going. Then, insomnia.

Weird.
Wow, that took a turn I wasn't expecting. And ironically, now we've gotta try to figure out where we're going next.  ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2022, 07:50:28 AM »

That's nuts. Don't you guys pay taxes there? WTF?
It IS nuts. And not only do I pay taxes, but I pay a lot more than I used to, since this is now listed as my work location as well as my residence.
I guess then you are allowed to write off these office expenses?
Don't really have any office expenses, since they gave me all the equipment I need. Would be nice to be able to get a tax refund for roads that can't be traversed, however. Lol

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 07:51:08 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Weird.
Freud would have an absolute field day with that one.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2022, 07:52:40 AM »

Same to you, Rick. The wife has to work tonight, but if they don't get around here with the plows, she's definitely not going to make it in. Her car wouldn't make it out of the driveway before getting stuck.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2022, 08:00:38 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Weird.
Freud would have an absolute field day with that one.
Right?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2022, 08:04:40 AM »

I take it back, now that it's light out, it looks like a plow has come by at least one half of the street. Not enough to get my wife out of the driveway, but it's something, I guess. Still not sure when our trash will get picked up, though.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2022, 08:19:12 AM »

I take it back, now that it's light out, it looks like a plow has come by at least one half of the street. Not enough to get my wife out of the driveway, but it's something, I guess. Still not sure when our trash will get picked up, though.
Never mind, according to the wife, that was just a guy with a plow attachment on his truck, not an actual city plow. Sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2022, 08:24:39 AM »

Never mind, according to the wife, that was just a guy with a plow attachment on his truck, not an actual city plow. Sheesh.
That was awfully neighborly of them. Maybe they'll be back to do the other side.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2022, 08:36:54 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, Bret, and Rick.
32° here and sunny but no snow.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2022, 08:37:43 AM »

still not able to post pictures. 🤔

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2022, 08:45:32 AM »

still not able to post pictures.
Morning, Dean. Using a computer or smartphone?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2022, 08:56:08 AM »

still not able to post pictures.
Morning, Dean. Using a computer or smartphone?
smarter than me android phone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6