CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 10/12/2021  (Read 3588 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 10/12/2021
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2021, 01:32:46 PM »

good morning Dave, Tony, and Dave. building sauce for dinner. no breakfast yet. soon.
Skim off a little of that sauce and have some breakfast pizza bagels.
after breakfast (cigar) I may make a hot Italian sausage sandwich before I put it all in the sauce.
I made meatballs and they were excellent.
I've never mastered making meatballs. they never stay together in the sauce so I just brown ground beef, and add sausages.
If you don't want to make them yourself.  You can buy decent ones in your grocery meat dept. usually.
I've tried a few. not very impressed. even bought meatball mix and doctored to taste. maybe I just need to not keep them in the sauce so long. my mom and brother never had the problem though.
A lot of folks fry them first before adding them to the sauce. I never do but I also don't let them sit in the sauce from the beginning. I usually just add them in the last half hour.
mom fried them in a pan my bother bakes them. I'll try NOT putting them in the sauce all day. 🙄

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2021, 01:41:48 PM »

good morning Dave, Tony, and Dave. building sauce for dinner. no breakfast yet. soon.
after breakfast (cigar) I may make a hot Italian sausage sandwich before I put it all in the sauce.
I've never mastered making meatballs. they never stay together in the sauce so I just brown ground beef, and add sausages.
If you don't want to make them yourself.  You can buy decent ones in your grocery meat dept. usually.
I've tried a few. not very impressed. even bought meatball mix and doctored to taste. maybe I just need to not keep them in the sauce so long. my mom and brother never had the problem though.
A lot of folks fry them first before adding them to the sauce. I never do but I also don't let them sit in the sauce from the beginning. I usually just add them in the last half hour.
mom fried them in a pan my bother bakes them. I'll try NOT putting them in the sauce all day. 🙄
MeatballBanter has a nice ring to it.  ;D   My biggest issue with making them is trying to size them uniformly. By the end, I'm just trying to wrap it up and I'm essentially making meat boulders.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2021, 01:43:48 PM »

CLE time.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2021, 01:49:30 PM »

MeatballBanter has a nice ring to it.  ;D   My biggest issue with making them is trying to size them uniformly. By the end, I'm just trying to wrap it up and I'm essentially making meat boulders.
I use a large ice cream scoup.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2021, 02:06:16 PM »

I'd sign up for that. Both MeatballBanter and meat boulders.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2021, 02:18:20 PM »

Hazzuh, meatballs!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2021, 02:18:23 PM »

You are all a bunch of meatballs

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2021, 02:26:45 PM »

Interesting.  I've never had that problem.  Always put a decent crust on them when cooking initially, so they always held together well.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2021, 02:28:59 PM »

More like meathead....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2021, 02:29:54 PM »

Interesting.  I've never had that problem.  Always put a decent crust on them when cooking initially, so they always held together well.
They also weren't the size of baseballs.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2021, 02:32:42 PM »

Scorcher again at the Page.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2021, 02:40:47 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 4
Raz Over/Under is 6
Eight...is enough.
Was Dick Van Patten on the list?
No, but Adam Rich was.
That's pretty funny. I had no idea who that was. I wonder how many people call him Nicholas instead?
I have no idea why I knew Adam Rich.  I never watched the show.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2021, 03:47:29 PM »

Afternoon

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2021, 04:15:58 PM »

Afternoon
I have a few of those. may have one after dinner.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2021, 04:57:34 PM »

No meatballs here. I'm cooking Delmonico's on the grill soon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6