Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Baccarat Churchill (7.0"x50) - 10 / $50.50

Related to Dave's issue with CI, I am really getting fed up with incompetent customer service. More and more I find myself having to explain things that I have already explained and the person on the other end just doesn't listen enough to get it. Every one is so distracted. Often times they are trying to multitask and nothing gets done properly. I tell my kids all the time to focus on the one task they are working on. If that task is wiping your ass, do it well before you move on to the next.

Rant over.
Here's the reason, IMFO - people don't listen to understand, they listen to respond. Just waiting for you to stop so they can say whatever they've been told to say, or worried about what comes next without paying attention to what's happening now.

And it's not so much a multi-task, it's a single task, but the wrong one. I can't remember the number of times I've picked up something in a restaurant or drive-thru lately where at least one employee was standing around on their phone. I mean, what the fuck is that all about, anyways?
There is a Wendy's near my house that I refuse to go to because they NEVER get the order correct. That's almost an accomplishment in itself.

Ok, now rant is really over.  ;)
Going to be the norm rather than the exception moving forward. Don't quite understand the shift in workforce dynamic, don't know the its "Biden giving all the lazy people more money than they were making",  but there seems to have been an across the board loss in integrity following COVID gap.

Page four already, nice work guys.

Travel day yesterday not fun, but we got here.   Second leg of my flight stuck in Bmore for about two hours.  Actually surprised it was not more. 45 minute flight took almost an hour and a half with plane flying around the worst of it.

[...]

Not saying it hasn't gotten worse but I feel this issue started way before COVID.

At the same time, daughter was driving up from Bmore.  Stayed ahead of the worst of it, but drive was not pleasant.

Travel day yesterday not fun, but we got here.   Second leg of my flight stuck in Bmore for about two hours.  Actually surprised it was not more. 45 minute flight took almost an hour and a half with plane flying around the worst of it.
All's well that ends well. How long will you be at Paul's?

[...]

True, just seems to have accelerated.

Page four already, nice work guys.
It was mostly just Dave and Tony. They took away my post button.

OK, I was screwing around plenty. I need to get to work and I have a meeting starting up in 8 minutes. I'll check back a bit later.

I've found it interesting to compare Chick fil a with Wendys/McDonald's etc.  They pay about twice as much in wages as the others and service is much better (except on Sundays).

Morning Tony, Dave and Rick.

A fine job today, ReplacementDave.
For sure!  Good to have a capable backup!

 good morning guys. I think. NY/NJ had a number done on them by Bitch Ida. at least down here we kind of expect flooding and damage.
I asked the widow lady to move back in to help me out. it was either that or assisted living and boarding cats. she really did feel terrible for walking out on me and has been a great help in the last few days.
going to try and bomb the house soon. her dogs brought fleas with them. bombed the spare room last night so we have a safe place for the animals. I can sit outside and smoke cigars for two hours I guess.
with staples out and cast knee to toes it's about impossible to do anything on crutches. life is what it is and dealing with it daily can be extremely frustrating.
lost two friends yesterday. one to covid the other to an inoperable brain tumor. another in hospice with cancer, just waiting for the phone call.

Interesting videos of tornados MD through NJ, with some near my old stomping grounds.  One video had a twister crossing the NJ Tpk.  I'll see if I can post later when on the computer.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8