Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2021, 11:09:33 AM »

Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 7
4 for me. Morning, ShortBdayListDave.
Raz will probably kill it with the top of that list.
Sheesh.  11.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/31/2021
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2021, 11:14:58 AM »

Day off.

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2021, 11:20:41 AM »

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2021, 11:21:19 AM »

Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 7
4 for me. Morning, ShortBdayListDave.
Raz will probably kill it with the top of that list.
Sheesh.  11.
Like I said. Morning, KnowEmAllRaz.

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2021, 11:24:15 AM »

@razgueado, I saw this music quiz posted by one of my Spanish colleagues. It's all in Spanish but I don't believe it'll be a problem for you. It's a bit time consuming but could be interesting. I'll post the link shortly...

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2021, 12:00:33 PM »

Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 7
4 for me. Morning, ShortBdayListDave.
Raz will probably kill it with the top of that list.
Sheesh.  11.
Like I said. Morning, KnowEmAllRaz.
Yeah, yeah.  Look, I'm a serious guitar player, and I started playing in the summer of 1978, when I was 13.  So I'm going to know Buddy Holly, and that means I'm going to know who the drummer of the Crickets is.  I'm also going to know who Rudy Schenker and Glenn Tilbrook are, and I've played "Brown Eyed Girl" so many freaking times I have nightmares about it, so Van Morrison.

But I didn't start as a guitarist, I started on piano, studying classical music...and I also watched Sesame Street as a child, so Itzhak Perlman.  I'm Gen-X, so I remember the 80's, which means I know Debbie Gibson.  And I was trying to make it in the music biz in the 90's, so I know who Jeff Russo is (not to mention Emerson Hart).

Then you've got the actors - Richard Gere and Chris Tucker.  Those are gimmes.  But I'm a major Dune geek, so I'm also aware who Stephen Henderson is because I've been debating his casting as Thufir Hawatt in the upcoming Dune movie with my friends who are Dune geeks.

I know Edwin Moses because I've always been fascinated by the hurdles since as a toddler I watched track practice at the high school behind my grandparents house that my mom had graduated from.  And the 1984 Olympics were only two years after the movie Chariots of Fire came out, with that major hit by synthesist Vangelis. Soooo....yeah.

There it is.

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2021, 12:03:00 PM »

@razgueado, I saw this music quiz posted by one of my Spanish colleagues. It's all in Spanish but I don't believe it'll be a problem for you. It's a bit time consuming but could be interesting. I'll post the link shortly...
Sounds like fun.  As long as it doesn't ask me too much about Conjunto.  I love the music, but I know few of its stars.

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2021, 12:07:35 PM »

[...]

So there it is.
I had to go back to the list wondering, "how in the world did I miss Debbie Gibson?" Assumed Deborah Gibson was someone else, since agencies are usually pretty tight with their rules about people using the same name as someone else who's already established. Which is how we know Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly, since at the time he started working, there was already a working actor named Michael Fox, so he had to add the middle initial to distinguish himself.

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2021, 12:12:38 PM »

[...]

But his middle name is actually Andrew, and he didn't want to be known as "Michael, A Fox." So he used J because he couldn't think of any way that could be twisted into something silly or demeaning.

And yes, I know this because I was cursed with comparisons to Michael J Fox from the advent of Alex P Keaton.  Yes, I was a Republican when I was in high school.

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2021, 12:38:00 PM »

Mr. Raz bubbling up with the info this morning!

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2021, 01:13:26 PM »

[...]

Shades of Harry S Truman there.

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2021, 01:22:58 PM »

I think in a place like this, you could walk around every hour collecting the entry fee, and they'd never realize it. You could make a fortune. :D

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/cannabis-smoking-lounges-off-successful-100000323.html

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2021, 01:44:18 PM »

@razgueado, I saw this music quiz posted by one of my Spanish colleagues. It's all in Spanish but I don't believe it'll be a problem for you. It's a bit time consuming but could be interesting. I'll post the link shortly...
https://forms.gle/mUSWC86NZFZ2xVPz5

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2021, 01:51:53 PM »

Morning, twofers.
They never disappoint. Good morning, Dave.
You said it. Would it kill them to put up something a twofer of something nice? Sheesh.
I think it would kill us. We need fodder for trash talking.
Lol, you're probably right about that.
Work isn't helping much.
No it's not. Feels like I spend more time here than at home
Good morning, Rick. I'm also not happy about waking up and finding out we lost again to a team that's under .500. I'm not appreciating the slide.
Yes I agree. I'm looking forward to football. Wager for week 1?
Certainly! I mean, I'm scared of the Bills but what kind of fan would I be if I didn't back my team? How about a 5er of your favorite connie?
Yeah that sounds good. We won't go top shelf but let's have fun with it.

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2021, 01:53:09 PM »

My day went to crap. I'll catch up from home. See whoever is around later.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7