Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2021, 01:13:51 PM »

So I guess pedophile Democrats running tricks out of a pizza parlor funded by Hillary wasn't odd enough for the Q...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matthew-colemans-babies-bodies-were-found-by-scared-farmhand-in-mexico
Oof. That's some crazy shit right there.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"  - Agent Kay, MIB

This QAnon thing puzzled me at first.  But it's just the latest mass-media-induced panic.  The Clinton campaign came up with the Steele Dossier, and people believed it.  The Swift Boat controversy.  Clintons running drugs out of Arkansas. Swine Flu.  SARS.  HIV.  Roswell.  It would be tempting to think blame Orson Welles for it, but all he did was bring it to radio.  The Jefferson campaign of 1800 was playing the hype game and publishing all kinds of insidious things about John Adams.  And there were panics in Rome during the empire.  It's as old as humanity itself, I'm sure.
And we know what happened to Rome... :(
It's a big, beautiful, thriving country. No one knows Rome better than me, believe me. Everyone says so.
But it's now run by Italians, not Romans.
#fakenews

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2021, 01:14:22 PM »

Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Robusto - 5/24.99

« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2021, 01:27:47 PM »

What the hell is with the CI Sticker Sheet as the freebie this week?   What is that, a back to school special?  Maybe they should throw in a Gurkha backpack as well.

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2021, 01:29:42 PM »

Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo
(5.0"x50)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $8.15 per cigar

In Stock
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$4.00
per cigar
$39,99 total price
SAVE 51%

« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2021, 01:31:10 PM »

Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo
(5.0"x50)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $8.15 per cigar

In Stock
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$4.00
per cigar
$39,99 total price
SAVE 51%
Still waiting on another 100% savings offer on AB.
Wonder how long it took them to fire that IT guy...

« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2021, 01:31:16 PM »

What the hell is with the CI Sticker Sheet as the freebie this week?   What is that, a back to school special?  Maybe they should throw in a Gurkha backpack as well.
And an ACID thermos.

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2021, 01:31:53 PM »

Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo
(5.0"x50)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $8.15 per cigar

In Stock
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$4.00
per cigar
$39,99 total price
SAVE 51%
Still waiting on another 100% savings offer on AB.
Wonder how long it took them to fire that IT guy...
That does sound nice right about now. Think I'm down to 10 or 15 of those from my original 40.

« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2021, 01:41:23 PM »

Shit I didn't know until today.  The word quarantine comes from the Venetian word quarantena, meaning 40.  It referred to how long ships had to be isolated at Dubrovnik (Ragusa) during the Black Death.  Earlier, the isolation period had been specified as 30 days, and was referred to as "trentino."

The Ragusa part is new to me. Is that what Croatia was formerly known as?
That's what Dubrovnik was formerly known as.  It's a long, complicated story, much of which is speculative.  It was originally an Ostragothic town, and likely called Dubron in Gaulish.  Tangentially, "dubron" is the Celtic word upon which the name Dover is based.

Anyway, when the Ostragothic kingdom fell, the Byzantines took over.  They "officially" named it "Rhaousin," which is latinized as Ragusa. But you know how people are when they live in a place that gets "officially" named.  The Ostragothic name stuck around, and when the Slavs started moving in in waves in the 7th century, they associated the old name Dubron with their word for "oakwood," which is "dubrovnik."  The names Ragusa and Dubrovnik competed for centuries, until 1808, when the name Dubrovnik was officially adopted.

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2021, 01:46:02 PM »

[...]

And THAT was very interesting and educational. How can you not love this website? Dollar for dollar, best site out there.

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2021, 02:10:17 PM »

Over the hump!

« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2021, 02:12:31 PM »

Good morning Tony and Dave. I'm tired.
What's going on, Rick? What shift are you working today?
Hey Tony. 1st shift..... only 8 today. We are shorthanded and my manager still thinks we can get the work done with 5 less men. The levee is going to break.
I had a similar situation a few employers ago. I finally had to quit. That might not be an option for you especially with how many years you've already been there. You don't want to do anything too drastic. But I fear the situation isn't going to get any better.
We have a plan moving forward. We will find out how everything is going to play out in the next few weeks.

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2021, 02:13:33 PM »

Good morning Tony and Dave. I'm tired.
What's going on, Rick? What shift are you working today?
Hey Tony. 1st shift..... only 8 today. We are shorthanded and my manager still thinks we can get the work done with 5 less men. The levee is going to break.
Just make sure you're not working any harder than you normally would. If you do and end up proving the boss right, you can guarantee no one else will be hired.
I couldn't agree more. Bending over backwards won't serve you well. TWSS.
Absolutely. They are going to like it when I call in sick tomorrow too

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2021, 02:15:03 PM »

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »

Casa Torano Robusto
(4.7"x52)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $8.67 per cigar

Only 3 Left
5 out of 5
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$3.00
per cigar
$29.99 total price
SAVE 65%

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2021, 02:16:37 PM »

Rick,
Some MOWPAM's on the sis for you.  Don't know if you like them as much as the MOWPA's.
Hey Dave. I do prefer the Habano. Still a decent smoke at a decent price
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10