CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 1/27/2021  (Read 3135 times)

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 1/27/2021
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2021, 11:36:42 AM »

Speaking of cigarbanter.com hoodies... Saw an email this morning regarding CI's CigarFest scheduled for October 15-16, 2021. Tickets will likely go on sale in July.

Anyone planning to go??
Sincerely doubt it. Maybe next year.
TWSS

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2021, 11:36:59 AM »

I say quality over quantity for today.
Exactly what qualities are we hoping for?
Well, truthfulness, intelligence, cigar insight, cigar deals, life changing revelations....

or just post whatever shit you're thinking of at the moment.
The latter is cigarbanter.com's mission statement.
Mission statement?  We have a mission statement?

That sounds a little like work.
It'll be on the back of the t-shirts.
Hooded sweatshirts. Sheesh.
XXXXL
That's actually where the sizes start. Ya gotta cater to your general audience.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2021, 11:38:09 AM »

Speaking of cigarbanter.com hoodies... Saw an email this morning regarding CI's CigarFest scheduled for October 15-16, 2021. Tickets will likely go on sale in July.

Anyone planning to go??
Yeah, looks like either way we'll be watching the Kentucky Derby from home this year.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2021, 11:54:04 AM »

Anyone planning to go??
Yeah, looks like either way we'll be watching the Kentucky Derby from home this year.
My MIL was texting the wife this week (the high-risk for serious complications from covid wife) about planning a family vacation this summer. So 3 sets of us, all going somewhere. Like, I get you're excited people are starting to get vaccinated, but let's slow down just a bit, see how this goes before you start renting 8-bedroom cabins, how about?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2021, 12:34:30 PM »

Anyone planning to go??
My MIL was texting the wife this week (the high-risk for serious complications from covid wife) about planning a family vacation this summer. So 3 sets of us, all going somewhere. Like, I get you're excited people are starting to get vaccinated, but let's slow down just a bit, see how this goes before you start renting 8-bedroom cabins, how about?
The most important part... Is m-i-l footing the entire bill? Because then you'll need to make some concessions and take some risks.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2021, 12:52:26 PM »

Anyone planning to go??
Probably not...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2021, 12:53:40 PM »

Anyone planning to go??
The most important part... Is m-i-l footing the entire bill? Because then you'll need to make some concessions and take some risks.
Solid point there.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2021, 12:57:07 PM »

Anyone planning to go??
She would be, but a free vacation would not be worth potentially life-long complications, or worse. We've been on vacation before, we'll go again. No sense taking all the precautions we have for nearly a year to throw it away for a free trip.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2021, 01:20:35 PM »

Anyone planning to go??
She would be, but a free vacation would not be worth potentially life-long complications, or worse. We've been on vacation before, we'll go again. No sense taking all the precautions we have for nearly a year to throw it away for a free trip.
You can take the girls.  I'm sure thats who the grandparents want to see anyway.  The Mrs. can have her own peaceful staycay in the quiet.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2021, 01:44:32 PM »

Finally figured out why I was having a hard time posting pictures...
Apparently with the last phone update it set camera default for pulse pictures which the Banter couldn't handle.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2021, 01:50:40 PM »

Finally figured out why I was having a hard time posting pictures...
Apparently with the last phone update it set camera default for pulse pictures which the Banter couldn't handle.
Pulse pictures sounds like what the former Mets GM was sending to that reporter.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2021, 01:53:14 PM »

Anyone planning to go??
You can take the girls.  I'm sure thats who the grandparents want to see anyway.  The Mrs. can have her own peaceful staycay in the quiet.
Yeah, but then there's quarantining when we get back to make sure we aren't sick and give it to her, or have it but don't show symptoms and give it to her. Just not worth a couple days away.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2021, 01:53:39 PM »

Over the hump! 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!