CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: 10/26/2020  (Read 5260 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 10/26/2020
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2020, 09:34:42 AM »

It has gotten cold here. No more working outside riding bikes, etc..
I checked out my gym and they seem like they have their facility clean and socially distanced. I'm going back today with my son to work out.
I'm sticking with the new exercise bike I bought. Been working for me so far.
Aren't you going stir crazy yet?
You mean from just doing the bike, or in general? Lol
Well both. We can all hope for a vaccine but truth is it's going to be some time. I had the virus. I understand everyone's situation but I still need to get out.
Unfortunately, that's the attitude that has caused cases to spike recently. People are getting tired of this and letting their guard down, assuming they had one up at all to begin with. You don't need to look any further than the record numbers of cases we're seeing, and that we've now passed 225k dead to know why I'm staying home as much as I can. Of course I'd like to get out, and to golf, and to have family get-togethers, but not at the expense of my health, or that of my high-risk wife.
I knew that would be taken out of context. I truly understand. No letting of the guard down here. Myself and my family are wearing masks and socially distancing. I feel horrible for my parents and in law's. We haven't seen them without a 10 foot pole.
I wasn't referencing you specifically, because I have no idea what precautions you do or do not take. I was speaking more generally, that as a country, we've decided we're bored with this and are letting our guard down. And that doesn't even take into account the whole, "but, mah freedoms!" crowd, which is a whole other level of stupid.
I hear you. I'm seeing more and more people taking their masks off. They're just tired of it. It pisses me off when I'm in Home Depot and young couples are walking down the aisle with the masks on their necks but I refrain from punching them in the throat.
I want to punch people for not giving me my personal space even with masks on.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2020, 09:36:29 AM »

Glad to get a chance to change the subject. I'm all caught up now, sheesh. What's going on in the cigar world?
the sis is a bust, V's on the page.
The monster still has good deals just have to be patient. Mi Querida's yesterday.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2020, 09:39:23 AM »

I checked out my gym and they seem like they have their facility clean and socially distanced. I'm going back today with my son to work out.
Well both. We can all hope for a vaccine but truth is it's going to be some time. I had the virus. I understand everyone's situation but I still need to get out.
Unfortunately, that's the attitude that has caused cases to spike recently. People are getting tired of this and letting their guard down, assuming they had one up at all to begin with. You don't need to look any further than the record numbers of cases we're seeing, and that we've now passed 225k dead to know why I'm staying home as much as I can. Of course I'd like to get out, and to golf, and to have family get-togethers, but not at the expense of my health, or that of my high-risk wife.
I knew that would be taken out of context. I truly understand. No letting of the guard down here. Myself and my family are wearing masks and socially distancing. I feel horrible for my parents and in law's. We haven't seen them without a 10 foot pole.
I wasn't referencing you specifically, because I have no idea what precautions you do or do not take. I was speaking more generally, that as a country, we've decided we're bored with this and are letting our guard down. And that doesn't even take into account the whole, "but, mah freedoms!" crowd, which is a whole other level of stupid.
I hear you. I'm seeing more and more people taking their masks off. They're just tired of it. It pisses me off when I'm in Home Depot and young couples are walking down the aisle with the masks on their necks but I refrain from punching them in the throat.
I want to punch people for not giving me my personal space even with masks on.
Just start coughing, I guarantee they'll give you space then!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2020, 09:44:45 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2020, 09:51:36 AM »

Week 33 of quarantine, begin.
unless your ill its not a quarantine, its a lockdown. either way it SUX!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2020, 10:06:01 AM »

This pandemic has only been good for me, so far.  I don't have to commute to Olympia, I work in my pajamas, I'm getting overtime, our discretionary spending has been slashed to a shadow of what it used to be, I'm piling up money to put into the house come spring, and I get to banter more often.  Oh, and I can smoke a cigar during meetings. 

I mean, I want it to be over for everyone else's sake.  But it hasn't hurt me at all. Of course, it helps that I'm mostly a homebody anyway.

The only downside for me has been the ammunition shortages.  The longer hours are a wash, given how much they pay me for them.

Sorry...I'll shut up now.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2020, 10:14:00 AM »

Good morning, Mondayers.  The china virus is the schitts, but on a more serious note, one red light this morning.  Fook!
Well, it is Monday, lucky you didn't get four!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2020, 10:16:30 AM »

down here they only want 6 people allowed for Thanksgiving dinner and 30 people to attend funerals. I am going to mourn my pet turkey that I will cook Thanksgiving.
But they're opening up stadiums, restaurants and bars?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2020, 10:17:05 AM »

This pandemic has only been good for me, so far.  I don't have to commute to Olympia, I work in my pajamas, I'm getting overtime, our discretionary spending has been slashed to a shadow of what it used to be, I'm piling up money to put into the house come spring, and I get to banter more often.  Oh, and I can smoke a cigar during meetings. 

I mean, I want it to be over for everyone else's sake.  But it hasn't hurt me at all. Of course, it helps that I'm mostly a homebody anyway.

The only downside for me has been the ammunition shortages.  The longer hours are a wash, given how much they pay me for them.

I'm certainly not complaining about the lack of commute, especially with the winter months coming up. Financially, it's been nice on gas and wear and tear on the cars, along with not having to buy school uniforms. Though, I think my increased grocery bill more than makes up for those. :D

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2020, 10:17:36 AM »

down here they only want 6 people allowed for Thanksgiving dinner and 30 people to attend funerals. I am going to mourn my pet turkey that I will cook Thanksgiving.
But they're opening up stadiums, restaurants and bars?
"Want" and "can enforce" are two totally different things.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »

https://halfwheel.com/category/reviews/accessories/cutters/
Some of those just don't look like cutters....at least for cigars....especially that last one... :o

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2020, 10:22:52 AM »

during our 6:30 Zoom meeting this morning one of our friends got a call from NY letting her know her brother in law passed away at 5:15 this morning from COVID.
That's doubly awful, to find out that kind of info and to do so during a meeting.
I have seen a man out of state take his last breath during a meeting having a heart attack. we all watched in horror as his wife called 911 and tried to resuscitate him waiting for the ambulance before someone finally ended the meeting.
Heart attacks aside, I would imagine this time has been particularly hard for the recovering community.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2020, 10:36:31 AM »

I'm certainly not complaining about the lack of commute, especially with the winter months coming up. Financially, it's been nice on gas and wear and tear on the cars, along with not having to buy school uniforms. Though, I think my increased grocery bill more than makes up for those. :D
I wish my employer would give my department hazard pay or even a thank you and not no damn pizza either.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2020, 10:36:59 AM »

during our 6:30 Zoom meeting this morning one of our friends got a call from NY letting her know her brother in law passed away at 5:15 this morning from COVID.
That's doubly awful, to find out that kind of info and to do so during a meeting.
I have seen a man out of state take his last breath during a meeting having a heart attack. we all watched in horror as his wife called 911 and tried to resuscitate him waiting for the ambulance before someone finally ended the meeting.
Heart attacks aside, I would imagine this time has been particularly hard for the recovering community.
No need to imagine.  That has been documented. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2020, 10:37:08 AM »

We don't need to apologize or shut up around here...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8