CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: 9/30/2020  (Read 3982 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/30/2020
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2020, 02:40:04 PM »

If a fart can get through two butt cheeks, underwear, and a pair of jeans.. How are masks going to save is from Covid-19?
Because it's water droplets that infect us, not air. Your analogy would make more sense if you were talking about shitting yourself. If you let a fart go that turns out to be something else, it's unlikely to make it through your underpants and your jeans. But if you're wearing nothing at all, well, suddenly you've got shit running down into your shoes.
Well, let's be precise.  If you can smell a fart, it's because shit molecules are indeed getting to your nose - or, to be even more precise, the methanethiols from the shit molecules are making the trip from the shit to your nose.  That's how smell works.

However, the COVID-19 virus is between 100-1000 times the size of methanethiol molecules.  So COVID is too large to hitch a ride on those molecules, let alone the viral load needed to overcome the body's defenses.  So, as LTG points out, COVID hitchhikes on water molecules.
Professor, I have a question.  Are you saying fart odor consists only of gaseous state molecules without a particle component?
There are different states of the fart to be considered.  There is purified fart gas made up of methane and various sulphur compounds  that in fact are very small and can penetrate all but specific gas masks.  Then there is fart essence which an additional bouquet and complexity with added organic components.  Finally there is the raw fart, which is effectively filtered out by a mask (aka underwear...or in Deans case pants or hot tub water).
So shit sublimates like CO2?

Not quite....farts are already a gas so can't sublimate.  Their bouquet is simply enhanced by shit flavorings.  Think adding herbs and seasoning to oil.
Must I?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2020, 02:42:53 PM »

If a fart can get through two butt cheeks, underwear, and a pair of jeans.. How are masks going to save is from Covid-19?
Because it's water droplets that infect us, not air. Your analogy would make more sense if you were talking about shitting yourself. If you let a fart go that turns out to be something else, it's unlikely to make it through your underpants and your jeans. But if you're wearing nothing at all, well, suddenly you've got shit running down into your shoes.
Well, let's be precise.  If you can smell a fart, it's because shit molecules are indeed getting to your nose - or, to be even more precise, the methanethiols from the shit molecules are making the trip from the shit to your nose.  That's how smell works.

However, the COVID-19 virus is between 100-1000 times the size of methanethiol molecules.  So COVID is too large to hitch a ride on those molecules, let alone the viral load needed to overcome the body's defenses.  So, as LTG points out, COVID hitchhikes on water molecules.
Professor, I have a question.  Are you saying fart odor consists only of gaseous state molecules without a particle component?
Correct.  Now, as was pointed out, if we were all running around without clothes, then there would be a greater chance of inhaling fecal particles emitted with farts.  But because we wear clothes, those particles are trapped in the clothing, and only the methanethiols make it through to reach the olfactory nerves.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2020, 02:49:10 PM »

oh boy!

Threebean

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2020, 03:09:12 PM »

There are different states of the fart to be considered.  There is purified fart gas made up of methane and various sulphur compounds  that in fact are very small and can penetrate all but specific gas masks.  Then there is fart essence which an additional bouquet and complexity with added organic components.  Finally there is the raw fart, which is effectively filtered out by a mask (aka underwear...or in Deans case pants or hot tub water).
So shit sublimates like CO2?

Not quite....farts are already a gas so can't sublimate.  Their bouquet is simply enhanced by shit flavorings.  Think adding herbs and seasoning to oil.
Ah, but the shit is the source of the gas (i.e. fart) which is the result of the sublimation.  Perhaps someone even more full of shit than you and me can clear this up.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2020, 03:09:18 PM »

I learned more about farts than I ever cared to know. How about the scent of a cigar?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2020, 03:11:55 PM »

Henry Clay LE 2018 Perfecto (5.7"x52) - 10 / $39.99

These are random deals that I have posted throughout the course of the day. In no way does this represent all the CI Jambalaya deals that have been offered today. Blah blah blah legal disclaimers. GFY, etc.

Threebean

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2020, 03:13:41 PM »

Correct.  Now, as was pointed out, if we were all running around without clothes, then there would be a greater chance of inhaling fecal particles emitted with farts.  But because we wear clothes, those particles are trapped in the clothing, and only the methanethiols make it through to reach the olfactory nerves.
You are assuming a mean particle size component of the average fart which is readily trapped by the average whitytighties.  I'm sure there is a government funded study somewhere which quantifies this issue, but I sure as hell ain't googling farts vs underwear.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2020, 03:15:28 PM »

I learned more about farts than I ever cared to know. How about the scent of a cigar?
Barnyard AKA cow farts.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2020, 03:16:56 PM »

You are assuming a mean particle size component of the average fart which is readily trapped by the average whitytighties.  I'm sure there is a government funded study somewhere which quantifies this issue, but I sure as hell ain't googling farts vs underwear.
Dr. Fauci can help you out.

Threebean

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2020, 03:17:27 PM »

Tobacco smoke also consists of gaseous and particle components (obvious as it can be seen).  Cigarette smoke after passing through a hepa filter is unrecognizable as only the gasses remain.  The most recognizable aspect remaining is the ammonia. 

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2020, 05:32:27 PM »

Tobacco smoke also consists of gaseous and particle components (obvious as it can be seen).  Cigarette smoke after passing through a hepa filter is unrecognizable as only the gasses remain.  The most recognizable aspect remaining is the ammonia.
experiencing some of those tobacco gas is myself

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »

Crema

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2020, 06:32:36 PM »

Crema
solid cigar 👍

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2020, 08:31:05 PM »

Coffee poured, HVC 500 LE lit and nearly full moon.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2020, 08:33:11 PM »

Coffee poured, HVC 500 LE lit and nearly full moon.
Meaning we'll have a blue moon for Halloween.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7