Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 09:11:19 AM »

Ten years ago: Coast Guard Rear Adm. Mary Landry said a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico was worse than officials had believed, and that the federal government was offering to help industry giant BP contain the slick threatening the U.S. shoreline.

Five years ago: Urging Americans to “do some soul-searching,” President Barack Obama expressed deep frustration over recurring black deaths at the hands of police, rioters who responded with senseless violence and a society that would only “feign concern” without addressing the root causes. Nigerian troops rescued nearly 300 girls and women during an offensive against Boko Haram militants in the northeast Sambia forest; those rescued did not include any of the schoolgirls kidnapped a year earlier from Chibok. Jack Ely, the singer known for “Louie Louie,” the low-budget recording that became one the most famous songs of the 20th century, died in Redmond, Oregon, at age 71.

One year ago: Former Republican Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana, a leading voice on foreign policy during his 36 years in the Senate, died at a hospital in Virginia at the age of 87. A shooting in Topeka, Kansas, killed a Washburn University football player, Dwayne Simmons, and wounded a former team member, Corey Ballentine, who had been drafted just hours earlier by the New York Giants; authorities said they were “in the wrong place at the wrong time” when they were shot outside an off-campus house party. (Francisco Alejandro Mendez has pleaded not guilty to charges including first-degree murder.) “Avengers: Endgame” shattered the record for biggest opening weekend with an estimated $350 million in ticket sales domestically and $1.2 billion globally, on its way to becoming the highest-grossing film ever.

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 09:13:46 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Former Secretary of State James A. Baker III is 90.
Actress-singer Ann-Margret is 79.
Actor Paul Guilfoyle is 71.
Former “Tonight Show” host Jay Leno is 70.
Rock musician Chuck Leavell is 68.
Actress Mary McDonnell is 68.
singer-musician Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth) is 67. Actress Nancy Lee Grahn is 64.
Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan is 60.
Rapper Too Short is 54.
Actress Bridget Moynahan is 49.
Actor Chris Young is 49.
Rapper Big Gipp is 48.
Actor Jorge Garcia is 47.
Actress Elisabeth Rohm is 47.
Actress Penelope Cruz is 46.
Actor Nate Richert is 42.
TV personalities Drew and Jonathan Scott are 42.
Actress Jessica Alba is 39.
Actor Harry Shum Jr. is 38.
Actress Jenna Ushkowitz is 34.
Actress Aleisha Allen is 29.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 09:14:23 AM »

Thought for Today: “We have two lives… the one we learn with and the life we live with after that.” [–] Bernard Malamud, American author (1914-1986).

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 09:15:02 AM »

Page 2 already????

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 09:18:03 AM »

There is so much to do and no energy in which to get it done.
there seems to be alot of that going around. or nothing to do and too much time to do it.
Indeed. It's like we're living a real-life Groundhog Day, but without the hi-jinks of Bill Murray.
And I still can't play the piano.

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 09:19:24 AM »

Good morning, Dean and ClemsonDave. I hope y'all brought your A-game. The banter needs a jumpstart.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 09:27:35 AM »

[...]

Some attractive birthdays today...

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 09:31:24 AM »

...and for Dean...

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 09:32:28 AM »

Good morning, Dean and ClemsonDave. I hope y'all brought your A-game. The banter needs a jumpstart.
May need more than that.

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2020, 09:48:44 AM »

Good morning, Dean and ClemsonDave. I hope y'all brought your A-game. The banter needs a jumpstart.
May need more than that.
TWSS

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 09:53:01 AM »

Good morning Daves, Tony, Rick, and Dean.  Between work related and otherwise riding yesterday I ended up putting 366 miles on the bike.  Felt great.

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 09:54:02 AM »

[...]

Indeed.  Jessica sporting some topnotch pokies.

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 10:02:59 AM »

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2020, 10:05:20 AM »

[...]

Jessica and Jennifer Aniston rarely disap-point.

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2020, 10:22:16 AM »

[...]

Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5