CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 4/9/2020  (Read 6586 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 4/9/2020
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2020, 02:46:03 PM »

Morning, muchachos. Sorry to have been away. No, I've not been down with the Wuhan Flu (this is about the only place I can use that term). But if you've happened to see news reports about WA's disease reporting system being overwhelmed, then you know all you need to know about my life over the past three weeks. It wasn't my fault, but I own the data layers of that system. So...been pretty much working around the clock and up to my eyeballs in Microsoft consultants and developers.
I'll pray for you RevRazMan.
Wishing you the best in this time of need.

Threebean

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2020, 02:47:41 PM »

Morning, muchachos. Sorry to have been away. No, I've not been down with the Wuhan Flu (this is about the only place I can use that term). But if you've happened to see news reports about WA's disease reporting system being overwhelmed, then you know all you need to know about my life over the past three weeks. It wasn't my fault, but I own the data layers of that system. So...been pretty much working around the clock and up to my eyeballs in Microsoft consultants and developers.
Wishing you the best in this time of need.
I propose a drinking game. A shot every time you hear or read "in these uncertain times". 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2020, 02:50:49 PM »

Microsoft consultants and developers?  Sounds like a fun group, bet you can't wait to party with them in person.
.... Though there are a couple of exceedingly attractive examples of the female persuasion. Easy on the eyes, even via computer cameras.
At least you got that going for you, which is nice.
I like you, Betty.
"It's easy to grin / When your ship comes in / And you've got the stock market beat. / But the man worthwhile, / Is the man who can smile, / When his shorts are too tight in the seat."

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2020, 02:52:35 PM »

I appreciate that, Dean. I'll take all I can get.

Fortunately, I'm working from home. Not doing the 54 mile commute is nice. And I get to have cigars during meetings. ;-)
I hear ya. I get to smoke in AA meetings again now too.
There's going to be a lot of people needing your help. I can't imagine this is a good time for people on shakey foundation.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2020, 02:57:28 PM »

Fortunately, I'm working from home. Not doing the 54 mile commute is nice. And I get to have cigars during meetings. ;-)
There's going to be a lot of people needing your help. I can't imagine this is a good time for people on shakey foundation.
I imagine you could say that about most people right now.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2020, 03:09:21 PM »

Hazzuh!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2020, 03:10:39 PM »

I imagine you could say that about most people right now.
Yeah I spent 14 days in my bedroom on bed rest and quarentine. Last 3 days been doing work around the house. Just had the Wifey's help doing some painting.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2020, 03:15:28 PM »

we are fortunate that our hotline is well 'advertised' and getting new people or people in need connected with phone numbers and Zoom meetings.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2020, 03:35:30 PM »

I think this sums it up nicely...

That's got POD for sure.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2020, 03:36:29 PM »

Sounds like something we have to keep in place after this is over!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2020, 03:37:19 PM »

and pants are optional :)
Well, for Dean that was the case before...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2020, 03:39:02 PM »

And there's going to be a lot of people on shaky foundations that never thought they were.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2020, 03:50:24 PM »

@Travellin Dave  How are the lot 23 Connecticut's? I'm thinking of picking them up off of Monster.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2020, 03:54:13 PM »

@Travellin Dave  How are the lot 23 Connecticut's? I'm thinking of picking them up off of Monster.
Wasn't a favorite of mine, but haven't had one in a long time.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2020, 03:57:43 PM »

Wasn't a favorite of mine, but haven't had one in a long time.
Maybe I'll wait for a fiver. I don't need 24 if I don't love em
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8