CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: 6/12/2018  (Read 6830 times)

Threebean

Re: 6/12/2018
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »

is a crappy smoke better than no smoke at all?
I think so. Besides how would you know what the good smokes were without the crappy ones to compare them to?
Very good observation!  sort of Zen  "without bad, how would we know what's good?"
Seems like there is a similar sentiment involving sex.  But Dean just left, so expert opinion is lacking.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2018, 04:18:26 PM »

Forgot to pack a small smoke. Don't think I'll have time for even a robusto today.
Jesus Tony, how long you been doing this?
Sometimes you're running out the door to catch the bus and you don't have time to plan ahead. Shit happens.
That lame excuse is going to hurt you at performance review time, mister.
Maybe I have a crappy smoke on hand that I won't mind pitching half way through... Sheesh.
Unbanded toro in my humidor...

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2018, 04:19:20 PM »

is a crappy smoke better than no smoke at all?
I think so. Besides how would you know what the good smokes were without the crappy ones to compare them to?
Very good observation!  sort of Zen  "without bad, how would we know what's good?"
Seems like there is a similar sentiment involving sex.  But Dean just left, so expert opinion is lacking.
True.  Although I think with the sex thing it's bad sex is better than no sex at all, but don't quote me on that...

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »

Forgot to pack a small smoke. Don't think I'll have time for even a robusto today.
Sometimes you're running out the door to catch the bus and you don't have time to plan ahead. Shit happens.
Maybe I have a crappy smoke on hand that I won't mind pitching half way through... Sheesh.

Maybe a Nicaraguan 2nd?  have a La Perla Morado for the ride home.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2018, 04:28:43 PM »

Life is way too short to waste precious time with crappy cigars and crappy whiskey!

Warped Don Reynaldo Lit

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2018, 04:36:09 PM »

Been raining most of the night and day here since about 7:30 last night when we had some hellacious thunderstorms that lasted until about midnight.  Had gone to the boys house for dinner and lightning struck the house and blew up all the tv’s and other electronic things. Set off all the fire alarms in the house too.  Sheesh, scared the living chit out of us!!!!

Been doing some needed housework and rearranging stuff here all day rather than going fishing as I had planned.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2018, 05:06:30 PM »

Life is way too short to waste precious time with crappy cigars and crappy whiskey!

Warped Don Reynaldo Lit
I generally agree but I needed to pitch it with 2.5 inches left in order to board the bus. Flavors were decent enough.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2018, 05:07:54 PM »

Nice Deal!

Man O' War Armada Corona

20/$80  FS

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/specialb/2014084/

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2018, 05:09:25 PM »

Been raining most of the night and day here since about 7:30 last night when we had some hellacious thunderstorms that lasted until about midnight.  Had gone to the boys house for dinner and lightning struck the house and blew up all the tv’s and other electronic things. Set off all the fire alarms in the house too.  Sheesh, scared the living chit out of us!!!!

Been doing some needed housework and rearranging stuff here all day rather than going fishing as I had planned.
That sucks. Plus it's gonna cost to replace all that stuff. Worth it to have a good ($100+) surge protector. Really makes a difference. Think of it as an insurance policy.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »

Maybe a Nicaraguan 2nd?  have a La Perla Morado for the ride home.
The band came off with the cellophane but the cigar I was smoking was the last of a 5er of the following stick:

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php/topic,1274.msg242183.html#msg242183

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2018, 05:19:30 PM »

That sucks. Plus it's gonna cost to replace all that stuff. Worth it to have a good ($100+) surge protector. Really makes a difference. Think of it as an insurance policy.
Probably so on the surge protectors but hurts to fork out a hundred plus for every tv.  Had some basic ones on there but needless to say they would not handle that load.

Bad timing too, he has a big money trial starting tomorrow and can’t be distracted fuk’n with tv’s.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2018, 05:21:43 PM »

Probably so on the surge protectors but hurts to fork out a hundred plus for every tv.  Had some basic ones on there but needless to say they would not handle that load.
Not sure anything would work against a direct hit.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »

Not sure anything would work against a direct hit.
Burned out the electric garage opener too.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2018, 05:27:39 PM »

Nothing good to come of this either

AT&T Cleared by Judge to Buy Time Warner, Create Media Giant

Threebean

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2018, 06:06:28 PM »

In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Dang, these age well.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7