Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »

is a crappy smoke better than no smoke at all?
I think so. Besides how would you know what the good smokes were without the crappy ones to compare them to?
Very good observation!  sort of Zen  "without bad, how would we know what's good?"
Seems like there is a similar sentiment involving sex.  But Dean just left, so expert opinion is lacking.

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2018, 04:18:26 PM »

Forgot to pack a small smoke. Don't think I'll have time for even a robusto today.
Jesus Tony, how long you been doing this?
Sometimes you're running out the door to catch the bus and you don't have time to plan ahead. Shit happens.
That lame excuse is going to hurt you at performance review time, mister.
Maybe I have a crappy smoke on hand that I won't mind pitching half way through... Sheesh.
Unbanded toro in my humidor...
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 6/12/2018
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2018, 04:19:20 PM »

is a crappy smoke better than no smoke at all?
I think so. Besides how would you know what the good smokes were without the crappy ones to compare them to?
Very good observation!  sort of Zen  "without bad, how would we know what's good?"
Seems like there is a similar sentiment involving sex.  But Dean just left, so expert opinion is lacking.
True.  Although I think with the sex thing it's bad sex is better than no sex at all, but don't quote me on that...
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 6/12/2018
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »

Forgot to pack a small smoke. Don't think I'll have time for even a robusto today.
Jesus Tony, how long you been doing this?
Sometimes you're running out the door to catch the bus and you don't have time to plan ahead. Shit happens.
That lame excuse is going to hurt you at performance review time, mister.
Maybe I have a crappy smoke on hand that I won't mind pitching half way through... Sheesh.
Unbanded toro in my humidor...

Maybe a Nicaraguan 2nd?  have a La Perla Morado for the ride home.

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2018, 04:28:43 PM »

Forgot to pack a small smoke. Don't think I'll have time for even a robusto today.
Jesus Tony, how long you been doing this?
Sometimes you're running out the door to catch the bus and you don't have time to plan ahead. Shit happens.
That lame excuse is going to hurt you at performance review time, mister.
Maybe I have a crappy smoke on hand that I won't mind pitching half way through... Sheesh.
Unbanded toro in my humidor...

Life is way too short to waste precious time with crappy cigars and crappy whiskey!

Warped Don Reynaldo Lit

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2018, 04:36:09 PM »

Been raining most of the night and day here since about 7:30 last night when we had some hellacious thunderstorms that lasted until about midnight.  Had gone to the boys house for dinner and lightning struck the house and blew up all the tv’s and other electronic things. Set off all the fire alarms in the house too.  Sheesh, scared the living chit out of us!!!!

Been doing some needed housework and rearranging stuff here all day rather than going fishing as I had planned.

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2018, 05:06:30 PM »

Forgot to pack a small smoke. Don't think I'll have time for even a robusto today.
Jesus Tony, how long you been doing this?
Sometimes you're running out the door to catch the bus and you don't have time to plan ahead. Shit happens.
That lame excuse is going to hurt you at performance review time, mister.
Maybe I have a crappy smoke on hand that I won't mind pitching half way through... Sheesh.
Unbanded toro in my humidor...

Life is way too short to waste precious time with crappy cigars and crappy whiskey!

Warped Don Reynaldo Lit
I generally agree but I needed to pitch it with 2.5 inches left in order to board the bus. Flavors were decent enough.

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2018, 05:07:54 PM »

Nice Deal!

Man O' War Armada Corona

20/$80  FS

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/specialb/2014084/

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2018, 05:09:25 PM »

Been raining most of the night and day here since about 7:30 last night when we had some hellacious thunderstorms that lasted until about midnight.  Had gone to the boys house for dinner and lightning struck the house and blew up all the tv’s and other electronic things. Set off all the fire alarms in the house too.  Sheesh, scared the living chit out of us!!!!

Been doing some needed housework and rearranging stuff here all day rather than going fishing as I had planned.
That sucks. Plus it's gonna cost to replace all that stuff. Worth it to have a good ($100+) surge protector. Really makes a difference. Think of it as an insurance policy.

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »

Forgot to pack a small smoke. Don't think I'll have time for even a robusto today.
Jesus Tony, how long you been doing this?
Sometimes you're running out the door to catch the bus and you don't have time to plan ahead. Shit happens.
That lame excuse is going to hurt you at performance review time, mister.
Maybe I have a crappy smoke on hand that I won't mind pitching half way through... Sheesh.
Unbanded toro in my humidor...

Maybe a Nicaraguan 2nd?  have a La Perla Morado for the ride home.
The band came off with the cellophane but the cigar I was smoking was the last of a 5er of the following stick:

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php/topic,1274.msg242183.html#msg242183

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2018, 05:19:30 PM »

Been raining most of the night and day here since about 7:30 last night when we had some hellacious thunderstorms that lasted until about midnight.  Had gone to the boys house for dinner and lightning struck the house and blew up all the tv’s and other electronic things. Set off all the fire alarms in the house too.  Sheesh, scared the living chit out of us!!!!

Been doing some needed housework and rearranging stuff here all day rather than going fishing as I had planned.
That sucks. Plus it's gonna cost to replace all that stuff. Worth it to have a good ($100+) surge protector. Really makes a difference. Think of it as an insurance policy.
Probably so on the surge protectors but hurts to fork out a hundred plus for every tv.  Had some basic ones on there but needless to say they would not handle that load.

Bad timing too, he has a big money trial starting tomorrow and can’t be distracted fuk’n with tv’s.

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2018, 05:21:43 PM »

Been raining most of the night and day here since about 7:30 last night when we had some hellacious thunderstorms that lasted until about midnight.  Had gone to the boys house for dinner and lightning struck the house and blew up all the tv’s and other electronic things. Set off all the fire alarms in the house too.  Sheesh, scared the living chit out of us!!!!

Been doing some needed housework and rearranging stuff here all day rather than going fishing as I had planned.
That sucks. Plus it's gonna cost to replace all that stuff. Worth it to have a good ($100+) surge protector. Really makes a difference. Think of it as an insurance policy.
Probably so on the surge protectors but hurts to fork out a hundred plus for every tv.  Had some basic ones on there but needless to say they would not handle that load.
Not sure anything would work against a direct hit.

« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »

Been raining most of the night and day here since about 7:30 last night when we had some hellacious thunderstorms that lasted until about midnight.  Had gone to the boys house for dinner and lightning struck the house and blew up all the tv’s and other electronic things. Set off all the fire alarms in the house too.  Sheesh, scared the living chit out of us!!!!

Been doing some needed housework and rearranging stuff here all day rather than going fishing as I had planned.
That sucks. Plus it's gonna cost to replace all that stuff. Worth it to have a good ($100+) surge protector. Really makes a difference. Think of it as an insurance policy.
Probably so on the surge protectors but hurts to fork out a hundred plus for every tv.  Had some basic ones on there but needless to say they would not handle that load.
Not sure anything would work against a direct hit.
Burned out the electric garage opener too.

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2018, 05:27:39 PM »

Nothing good to come of this either

AT&T Cleared by Judge to Buy Time Warner, Create Media Giant

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2018, 06:06:28 PM »

In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Dang, these age well.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7