CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: 9/19/2014  (Read 40162 times)

dwgbryant

Re: 9/19/2014
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »

Been waiting about a month or so for today's meeting.  Management's been all tight lipped about it.  I know layoffs are coming but I think this is where they tell us that they outsourced the operation and we're now officially employs of...
Oh boy, I hope everything works out well for you Tony
I'd love to chime in with an uplifting story to perk everyone up in this situation, but after working 34 years for a corporation, I can't seem to think of one.  Sorry...
the difference between working for the same company for 34 years and being married for 34 years is .................................................. the job still sucks.
I don't exactly think you got that right Dean or else you are one of a kind.   The job generally quits sucking is more like it.
I have been married since 1976 to three women with about a 3 year break in between. retired twice after 35 years. the job always sucked, the wives, not so often. ha.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2014, 08:55:10 AM »

Nica Rusticas on the MASH
$3 cheaper than the jam pricing, too.  Dammit, Shaun!
Get 20 and then use 'catsrule' and get a ton of $$ off!
Yeah, that ain't working.  I'll try again.
It shows up on the checkout screen, not in your cart anymore...FYI
Didn't show up at that checkout screen the first time, but did when I tried it again.  Threw in the Noir 5 pack, averaged out to $3.70 a stick, so I'm happy.  I take back that MF'er I muttered under my breath earlier, Shaun.
No problem but, I know you didn't mean it!  ;D

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2014, 08:56:03 AM »

Good morning all!  Hope today is starting out pleasantly for everyone! Good luck Tony!  I was sold with a company a few years ago and it was a bit weird I admit, but turned out ok.
The company I work for has acquired over 100, but we are nice and never let anyone go...at least for the first year and then they prove how worthless they are.
Sounds like my kinda company. Maybe I could telecommute.
Humidor is open homie
Uhhh, that makes no sense
I was saying, since our companies sound similar, move to ND!  Don't make me explain it again like last week! ;)
But he said he was going to telecommute, are you going to blow smoke through the phone?
GFY  ;D

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2014, 08:56:52 AM »

Been waiting about a month or so for today's meeting.  Management's been all tight lipped about it.  I know layoffs are coming but I think this is where they tell us that they outsourced the operation and we're now officially employs of...
I'd love to chime in with an uplifting story to perk everyone up in this situation, but after working 34 years for a corporation, I can't seem to think of one.  Sorry...
the difference between working for the same company for 34 years and being married for 34 years is .................................................. the job still sucks.
I don't exactly think you got that right Dean or else you are one of a kind.   The job generally quits sucking is more like it.
I have been married since 1976 to three women with about a 3 year break in between. retired twice after 35 years. the job always sucked, the wives, not so often. ha.
If my wife sucked as much as my job does I would have a permanently wet crotch!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2014, 08:57:25 AM »

Almost time for a couple of sheesh's.
+1
good morning Chip and Dave.
Camacho connie and coffee.
fucking dark outside.
Funny how that happens at 6 in the morning....
Happens quite a bit to slackers and retired people that normally sleep till Oprah comes on.
I have not watched tv since June.
That's not true, I never watch Oprah.  It's the View, and Honey Boo Boo.
Even more disgusting, guess you sit with the warden and watch Dancing With The Stars like OY does too.
See, I knew TXDave was a fan of that show.  That little spin move on his way back to the table at the herf was the first clue.
WRONG!    I raise so much hell about that stupid show the Warden does not even watch it cause I will start ranting.

sfish

« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2014, 08:57:47 AM »

Nica Rusticas on the MASH
$3 cheaper than the jam pricing, too.  Dammit, Shaun!
Get 20 and then use 'catsrule' and get a ton of $$ off!
Get 10, add a Boveda pack, use the coupon and you're under $41

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2014, 08:58:06 AM »

Nailed it.

sfish

« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »

Good morning all!  Hope today is starting out pleasantly for everyone! Good luck Tony!  I was sold with a company a few years ago and it was a bit weird I admit, but turned out ok.
The company I work for has acquired over 100, but we are nice and never let anyone go...at least for the first year and then they prove how worthless they are.
Sounds like my kinda company. Maybe I could telecommute.
Humidor is open homie
Uhhh, that makes no sense
I was saying, since our companies sound similar, move to ND!  Don't make me explain it again like last week! ;)
But he said he was going to telecommute, are you going to blow smoke through the phone?
GFY  ;D
CNS

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2014, 08:58:57 AM »

Nailed it.
Now that would be correct

dwgbryant

« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2014, 08:59:23 AM »

oh well.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2014, 09:03:15 AM »

+1
fucking dark outside.
Happens quite a bit to slackers and retired people that normally sleep till Oprah comes on.
Even more disgusting, guess you sit with the warden and watch Dancing With The Stars like OY does too.
I have to watch Dancing with the Stars by myself.  The wife has to sleep for nightshift.  The music is really good, the dancing girls are hot, and then there's normally some comedy such as Tommy Chong being one of the dancers.  I also like watching Bristol Palin dance.  They had a chair on the dance floor during one of her numbers, and I couldn't figure out why it was there.  It turned out that she was so heavy, that she had to get on the chair so her partner could pick her up in one of the dance moves... haha

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2014, 09:04:51 AM »

Or permanently dry....depending on.....

Threebean

« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2014, 09:05:58 AM »

+1
fucking dark outside.
See, I knew TXDave was a fan of that show.  That little spin move on his way back to the table at the herf was the first clue.
WRONG!    I raise so much hell about that stupid show the Warden does not even watch it cause I will start ranting.
My warden likes that show, too.  "Stars" grabbing their last 15 min of fame.  Pass.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2014, 09:07:27 AM »

Threebean

« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2014, 09:07:28 AM »

+1
fucking dark outside.
I have to watch Dancing with the Stars by myself.  The wife has to sleep for nightshift.  The music is really good, the dancing girls are hot, and then there's normally some comedy such as Tommy Chong being one of the dancers.  I also like watching Bristol Palin dance.  They had a chair on the dance floor during one of her numbers, and I couldn't figure out why it was there.  It turned out that she was so heavy, that she had to get on the chair so her partner could pick her up in one of the dance moves... haha
BD needs an intervention, stat.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18