Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 08:24:46 AM »

Now Congress will effectively be exempt from prostitution laws too!

A bill has been introduced to decriminalize prostitution in the District of Columbia, The Washington Post reports.

If passed, the legislation would make the district the only U.S. jurisdiction to legalize prostitution outside some areas in Nevada.

"This is about protecting the human rights of our residents," one of the bill's sponsors, David Grosso, a progressive council member who also led the push to decriminalize marijuana in D.C., told the Post. "Arresting our way through this has never worked."

According to the Post, activists say the bill would make it easier for sex workers to find other jobs and housing because they wouldn't have prostitution-related arrests on their records — and they'd also be less reluctant to report crimes against them.

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 08:40:36 AM »

Thought for Today: "To think is to speak low. To speak is to think aloud." — F. Max Mueller, German philologist (1823-1900).
For those that don't like this quote, maybe a couple from Winnie the Pooh (publication date today) would be better...

Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Sometimes, said Pooh, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.

For you retired folks:  “What day is it?”
“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favorite day,” said Pooh.

Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.

You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.

Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.

One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries.
This one is accurate!

For you retired folks:

"What day is it?”

“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favorite day,” said Pooh

Absolutely.

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »

Florida Gators Unveil Swamp Green Uniforms Against Aggies

Here is a sampling of Twitter reactions to the new uniforms:

"Please tell me that’s a joke.
They look like ninja turtles.
Does it come with coordinators giving quarterbacks easy throws? That might help."

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2017, 09:03:15 AM »

Buy Laranja Reserva By Espinosa | Save - 50% Off our already low discounted prices, Atlantic Cigar Co.,

Contact your local Atlantic Rep to order these overstocked specials.
8)
Are the deals good? Is it a Clemson Clearance Sale?

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2017, 09:05:28 AM »

Buy Laranja Reserva By Espinosa | Save - 50% Off our already low discounted prices, Atlantic Cigar Co.,

Contact your local Atlantic Rep to order these overstocked specials.
8)
Are the deals good? Is it a Clemson Clearance Sale?
Laranja Prices have been Clemsoned!

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2017, 09:07:43 AM »

13K Fish!

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2017, 09:21:11 AM »

Very Pretty day here earlier but fog has moved in and things have gone significantly downhill now.

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2017, 09:31:19 AM »

Buy Laranja Reserva By Espinosa | Save - 50% Off our already low discounted prices, Atlantic Cigar Co.,

Contact your local Atlantic Rep to order these overstocked specials.
8)
Are the deals good? Is it a Clemson Clearance Sale?
Ouch!

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 09:34:37 AM »

13K Fish!
Hey, didn’t see that. Morning Dave

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 09:35:58 AM »

Buy Laranja Reserva By Espinosa | Save - 50% Off our already low discounted prices, Atlantic Cigar Co.,

Contact your local Atlantic Rep to order these overstocked specials.
8)
Are the deals good? Is it a Clemson Clearance Sale?
Ouch!
Gameday at Times Square was silly enough but James Madison, Really? ::)

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2017, 09:36:43 AM »

13K Fish!
Hey, didn’t see that. Morning Dave
And you did it on Friday the 13th :o

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2017, 09:42:55 AM »

Very Pretty day here earlier but fog has moved in and things have gone significantly downhill now.

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2017, 09:45:09 AM »

Good morning Dean, SCDave, NJDave, and Scott.

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2017, 09:48:47 AM »

Good morning Dean, SCDave, NJDave, and Scott.
Morning GamedayMayor, how many non-smoking sober activities today?

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2017, 09:49:06 AM »

Very Pretty day here earlier but fog has moved in and things have gone significantly downhill now.
Don't tempt me!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6