CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: 9/2/2014  (Read 45880 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/2/2014
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2014, 11:08:53 AM »

Perhaps Dean could become a geography teacher:

SURVEY: Only half of women can locate vagina on diagram...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2014, 11:13:41 AM »

Morning, all.  So many beers and cigars this weekend, tough to come crashing back to reality this morning.
As it should be.  Morning JWacky!

Indeed.  Morning, Dave.  Tough season opener for your boys on Saturday.
Yea, can't leave a defense out on a 100 degree field for an entire half and expect them to hold up.  Hopefully they can get some things addressed before FSU in two weeks.  They didn't look particularly special either.

dogdays

« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »

dollar shipping at .Famous .

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »

Morning, all.  So many beers and cigars this weekend, tough to come crashing back to reality this morning.
Morning Joe - you are not the only one waking up in the "too many" boat this morning.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »

dollar shipping at .Famous .
Somebody better tell Lori

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2014, 11:17:15 AM »

Morning Joe - you are not the only one waking up in the "too many" boat this morning.

Figured as much.  Morning, Texas Dave.  Better too many than not enough, right?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2014, 11:21:31 AM »

Amen, not enough might not wake up at all!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »

That would not be desirable either.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2014, 11:48:04 AM »

Well, since nobody else is talking... drank a hell of a lot of Alpine Nelson over the weekend, but my surprise favorite beer was Mission Brewery's Dark Seas Russian Imperial Stout.  Not sure why but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.  Also had Alpine's Exponential Hoppiness triple IPA but I didn't like it.  Had high expectations since lines form outside the brewery when it's released, but I thought it had an odd metallic aftertaste and was strangle sweet.  Haven't had a triple IPA that I've liked outside of Stone's RuinTen.  Capped off the beer drinking with a Horny Goat PB Chocolate porter last night.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »

Yea, can't leave a defense out on a 100 degree field for an entire half and expect them to hold up.  Hopefully they can get some things addressed before FSU in two weeks.  They didn't look particularly special either.

Hell I thought i was looking at this weeks polls but they have not been updated.  Thought they did that at 9:00 in the morning but guess not.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »

So look at the AP Rankings today - winning or losing was all for nothing anyway.  Fuk'n Gamecocks got their asses handed to them in the worst home game in years and remained Number 9 while Texas A&M who handed it to them remains number 21?  AP is more illegitimate than I even thought.  WTF?????

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

I really don't like pre/early season rankings at all.  Good for talking about, but they're virtually meaningless.  So many lopsided blowouts such as the USC game you're talking about, but perhaps Texas A&M really is THAT good and South Carolina just isn't?  I'd wait until week 4 or 5 to start ranking.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:24 PM »

Hell I thought i was looking at this weeks polls but they have not been updated.  Thought they did that at 9:00 in the morning but guess not.
Rankings are still pre-season.  They weren't changed after the weekend.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »

Well, USC will find out pretty quickly how good they really are facing Stanford next weekend.  Texas A&M is solid, and I think a better team without Johnny boy.  We'll see how consistent they will be.  Carolina has East Carolina next week who may give them a challenge.  If they can correct things there, Georgia will put a stake in 'em the following week.

sfish

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2014, 12:07:13 PM »

Well, since nobody else is talking... drank a hell of a lot of Alpine Nelson over the weekend, but my surprise favorite beer was Mission Brewery's Dark Seas Russian Imperial Stout.  Not sure why but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.  Also had Alpine's Exponential Hoppiness triple IPA but I didn't like it.  Had high expectations since lines form outside the brewery when it's released, but I thought it had an odd metallic aftertaste and was strangle sweet.  Haven't had a triple IPA that I've liked outside of Stone's RuinTen.  Capped off the beer drinking with a Horny Goat PB Chocolate porter last night.
I had several myself, Stone RuinTen, Founder's porter, Southern Tier Mokah are all excellent. I made the mistake one night following the RuinTen with a Sculpin and it was like drinking Miller Light. The Mokah was excellent with a La Antiquedad, I was so into the Chok the first time I tried the Mokah that I blew it off since then but it's right up there

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2014, 12:07:55 PM »

Well, USC will find out pretty quickly how good they really are facing Stanford next weekend.  Texas A&M is solid, and I think a better team without Johnny boy.  We'll see how consistent they will be.  Carolina has East Carolina next week who may give them a challenge.  If they can correct things there, Georgia will put a stake in 'em the following week.

I'm looking forward to Satuday night and VaTech vs Ohio State.  Won't be as big a game with the loss of OSU's quarterback, but Saturday was the first time in a couple years that I thought the Hokie offense looked good. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19