« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2017, 12:53:12 PM »

"James Bond"  Sir Roger Moore has died at 89.
My favorite Bond, how sad.
Oh my, that is sad.  He is the real 007 Bond!

R.I.P. Mister Bond
Well, let us not forget Sean Connery.....

Always assumed Connery was older but it turns out not to be the case.
Barely younger though, they were both great James Bond's for sure!
Another little I did not realize this - Moore did play the role of secret agent 007 in just as many films as Connery did

He died from Cancer.
When you make it to 89, I think it's sufficient to just say you died.

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2017, 12:54:07 PM »

Good morning, y'alls.
Morning, Uncle Tony. How's the new gig been treatin' you?
Loving it. Really busy and getting new assignments almost daily. Gotta get used to getting paid once a month though. But at least there's a paycheck in site.
budget my friend, budget.... you can by a car on payday, but you may not have money to fill the tank 2 days before payday!  Hello fellow botl's
Morning Economist Flip
I thought he was cajun chef Flip.... ???

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2017, 12:55:59 PM »

Good morning, y'alls.
Morning, Uncle Tony. How's the new gig been treatin' you?
Loving it. Really busy and getting new assignments almost daily. Gotta get used to getting paid once a month though. But at least there's a paycheck in site.
budget my friend, budget.... you can by a car on payday, but you may not have money to fill the tank 2 days before payday!  Hello fellow botl's
Morning Economist Flip
I thought he was cajun chef Flip.... ???
Flip wakes up in a new costume every day.

Yesterday was Cajun Chef Day for him

« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2017, 12:58:52 PM »

"James Bond"  Sir Roger Moore has died at 89.
My favorite Bond, how sad.
Oh my, that is sad.  He is the real 007 Bond!

R.I.P. Mister Bond
Well, let us not forget Sean Connery.....
Connery looked most like the Bond of the books but his personality didn't resemble Bond at all. Daniel Craig is the most similar to Bond in personality, but doesn't look like Bond. Timothy Dalton was the closest compromise. Roger Moore didn't resemble Bond in any way, shape or form. Absolutely the worst. James Bond would have executed him for a pompous buffoon.
You forgot to mention that is your fuk'n opinion!
And forgot to mention Pierce Brosnan, David Niven, George Lazenby and (American) Barry Nelson

« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2017, 01:00:11 PM »

"James Bond"  Sir Roger Moore has died at 89.
My favorite Bond, how sad.
Oh my, that is sad.  He is the real 007 Bond!

R.I.P. Mister Bond
Well, let us not forget Sean Connery.....
Connery looked most like the Bond of the books but his personality didn't resemble Bond at all. Daniel Craig is the most similar to Bond in personality, but doesn't look like Bond. Timothy Dalton was the closest compromise. Roger Moore didn't resemble Bond in any way, shape or form. Absolutely the worst. James Bond would have executed him for a pompous buffoon.
You forgot to mention that is your fuk'n opinion!
And forgot to mention Pierce Brosnan, David Niven, George Lazenby and (American) Barry Nelson
And IMFO they are all unworthy of the role!

« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »

"James Bond"  Sir Roger Moore has died at 89.
My favorite Bond, how sad.
Oh my, that is sad.  He is the real 007 Bond!

R.I.P. Mister Bond
Well, let us not forget Sean Connery.....
Connery looked most like the Bond of the books but his personality didn't resemble Bond at all. Daniel Craig is the most similar to Bond in personality, but doesn't look like Bond. Timothy Dalton was the closest compromise. Roger Moore didn't resemble Bond in any way, shape or form. Absolutely the worst. James Bond would have executed him for a pompous buffoon.
You forgot to mention that is your fuk'n opinion!
So did you when you said he was the 'real' Bond. So GFY.
He's gotcha there, Dave.

Since I never read any of the books, I'll admit that Moore was my favorite and I appreciated the character's pomposity. IMFO, of course.
Pierce Brosnan was the worst. Ran like a girl.
Does Caitlin count?
As what, a Bond girl?

« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2017, 01:02:26 PM »

"James Bond"  Sir Roger Moore has died at 89.
My favorite Bond, how sad.
Oh my, that is sad.  He is the real 007 Bond!

R.I.P. Mister Bond
Well, let us not forget Sean Connery.....
Connery looked most like the Bond of the books but his personality didn't resemble Bond at all. Daniel Craig is the most similar to Bond in personality, but doesn't look like Bond. Timothy Dalton was the closest compromise. Roger Moore didn't resemble Bond in any way, shape or form. Absolutely the worst. James Bond would have executed him for a pompous buffoon.
You forgot to mention that is your fuk'n opinion!
And forgot to mention Pierce Brosnan, David Niven, George Lazenby and (American) Barry Nelson
And IMFO they are all unworthy of the role!
No argument from me.

« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2017, 01:02:43 PM »

"James Bond"  Sir Roger Moore has died at 89.
My favorite Bond, how sad.
Oh my, that is sad.  He is the real 007 Bond!

R.I.P. Mister Bond
Well, let us not forget Sean Connery.....
Connery looked most like the Bond of the books but his personality didn't resemble Bond at all. Daniel Craig is the most similar to Bond in personality, but doesn't look like Bond. Timothy Dalton was the closest compromise. Roger Moore didn't resemble Bond in any way, shape or form. Absolutely the worst. James Bond would have executed him for a pompous buffoon.
You forgot to mention that is your fuk'n opinion!
And forgot to mention Pierce Brosnan, David Niven, George Lazenby and (American) Barry Nelson
And IMFO they are all unworthy of the role!
Indeed.

« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2017, 01:07:41 PM »

"James Bond"  Sir Roger Moore has died at 89.
My favorite Bond, how sad.
Oh my, that is sad.  He is the real 007 Bond!

R.I.P. Mister Bond
Well, let us not forget Sean Connery.....
Connery looked most like the Bond of the books but his personality didn't resemble Bond at all. Daniel Craig is the most similar to Bond in personality, but doesn't look like Bond. Timothy Dalton was the closest compromise. Roger Moore didn't resemble Bond in any way, shape or form. Absolutely the worst. James Bond would have executed him for a pompous buffoon.
You forgot to mention that is your fuk'n opinion!
And forgot to mention Pierce Brosnan, David Niven, George Lazenby and (American) Barry Nelson
And IMFO they are all unworthy of the role!
I agree with Tex on that. Scary thought.

Fleming says Bond resembled Hoagy Carmichael, and David Niven would come close to that. But the Niven/Sellers movie was parody, so, IMFO (happy, Tex?) doesn't qualify in any remotely serious discussion of Bond.

And Barry Nelson? You mean 'Jimmy' Bond? C'mon. Bond is half Scot, half Swiss.

« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2017, 01:20:53 PM »

[...]

So GFY!  …and the Aston Martin you drove up in.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 5/23/2017
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2017, 01:26:41 PM »

I think Daniel Craig is probably the best mix of lady's man/womanizer and a tough guy since Connery, imfo. He and Jason Statham have somewhat the same "character" type for today's action movie(s).

« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »

[...]

And there's another reason that most of the movies suck. They never include Bond's personal car - a 4.5 liter Bentley roadster - nor the Colt Model 1911 he kept in it. They always focus on the damned gadgets, and Bond hated gadgets.

Then again, Fleming knew next to nothing about guns, and that was always a problem with the books.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 5/23/2017
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2017, 01:29:14 PM »

[...]

"Q... about the Aston... " lol

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »

I think Daniel Craig is probably the best mix of lady's man/womanizer and a tough guy since Connery, imfo. He and Jason Statham have somewhat the same "character" type for today's action movie(s).
Craig definitely captures Bond's intensity, cold-bloodedness, and total self-absorption. His are the best movies, in my opinion.

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2017, 01:32:11 PM »

Hopefully A source for Bond Trivia not based on Raz's Fuk;n Opinion:

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/