CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 3/18/2017  (Read 6448 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 3/18/2017
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2017, 01:55:48 PM »

Fishy didn't check in from the ice this morning...
Thats tomorrow morning, I would have preferred to get it out of the way
Yeah, I think the old man is getting his days mixed up.
Just add it to the fukkin' list.
Tell me about it. I'm trying to catch up on some administrative stuff that I've been neglecting and I find myself forgetting where I am in the process. The worst part is that I have a list written out right beside me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »

Suspect in Lake Travis double homicide is dead after Mississippi police chase

PIKE COUNTY, Miss. (KXAN) — Randall Lee Burrows, the suspect in Wednesday night’s double homicide near Lake Travis, is dead following a police chase in Pike County, Mississippi.

Deputies say Burrows shot himself in a field just outside of the town of Summit. Law enforcement is not aware of any connections he had to Mississippi.

At around 4:33 p.m. Friday, a tag reader registered Randall Lee Burrows’ license plate, according to KXAN sister station WJTV.

The U.S. Marshal’s Service with the Mississippi Highway Patrol located Burrows in his white Ford Escape and pursued him, ending up in Summit, not far from the border with Louisiana. The Travis County Sheriff’s Office said he ran seven cars off the highway, drove into a field, had a very short standoff with the highway patrol, and then held a firearm to his head.
Problem solved.

Morning, muchachos.
Good day, Razman. What brings you out on a Saturday morning?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2017, 02:02:29 PM »

PIKE COUNTY, Miss. (KXAN) — Randall Lee Burrows, the suspect in Wednesday night’s double homicide near Lake Travis, is dead following a police chase in Pike County, Mississippi.

Deputies say Burrows shot himself in a field just outside of the town of Summit. Law enforcement is not aware of any connections he had to Mississippi.

At around 4:33 p.m. Friday, a tag reader registered Randall Lee Burrows’ license plate, according to KXAN sister station WJTV.

The U.S. Marshal’s Service with the Mississippi Highway Patrol located Burrows in his white Ford Escape and pursued him, ending up in Summit, not far from the border with Louisiana. The Travis County Sheriff’s Office said he ran seven cars off the highway, drove into a field, had a very short standoff with the highway patrol, and then held a firearm to his head.
Problem solved.

Morning, muchachos.
Raining like hell up here, so I'm not working outside. Had to be up early this morning for a breakfast. Just finished work on tonight's church gig, now I get a few minutes to take a nap.

In other words, had a couple free minutes, so checking in.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2017, 02:08:01 PM »

Problem solved.

Morning, muchachos.
Raining like hell up here, so I'm not working outside. Had to be up early this morning for a breakfast. Just finished work on tonight's church gig, now I get a few minutes to take a nap.

In other words, had a couple free minutes, so checking in.
You're welcome to stop by anytime. Enjoy your nap.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2017, 02:31:50 PM »

I see the lead story on 60 Minutes tomorrow is about Tony.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2017, 02:32:17 PM »

Morning Raz.

Threebean

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2017, 02:37:27 PM »

Bean's Irish better step it up in the next 10 minutes.

59-47 WV
Jinx
Checked in on it periodically; I think ND trailed the entire game.  Oh well, at least I can still watch the women. (TWHS)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »

That's hilarious that you should say that. I just found out that a former colleague and friend is being interviewed on that segment.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2017, 02:56:28 PM »

That's hilarious that you should say that. I just found out that a former colleague and friend is being interviewed on that segment.
They advertised it on the basketball game.  I thought of you also, in addition to those who supported Hillary and other democrats to continue the process.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2017, 03:02:04 PM »

They advertised it on the basketball game.  I thought of you also, in addition to those who supported Hillary and other democrats to continue the process.
Don't disagree with that...but they won't fare any better under the business and banks can do whateverthefucktheywant Trump policy.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2017, 03:18:33 PM »

Don't be fooled into thinking ANY President is ever going to make a difference with regard to the country's unemployment rate or give two shits about his constituents.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »

Don't be fooled into thinking ANY President is ever going to make a difference with regard to the country's unemployment rate or give two shits about his constituents.
I suffer no such delusions.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2017, 04:07:01 PM »

I suffer no such delusions.
Besides, the current President is too busy overtly making shit up about people to have time for all that.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2017, 04:23:56 PM »

So y'all think the best solution is just keep re-electing and it will all work out. (simply electing someone to a higher position is still re-electing)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2017, 04:38:34 PM »

Presidents don't have constituents. They are elected, but they are not representatives and not in any way tasked with representing the popular will. They can't make legislation, they can't be recalled, and the executive orders everyone is so hyped about only apply to the bureaucracy that presidents (kinda) run. Oh, and they are term limited.

So, no they don't really give two shits about the people that voted for them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6