Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

Afternoon, all! Looks like lively discussion here: hookers and blow, gubment, taxes...ect.

Oliva CR PCs showed with the Cusano Magnum coronas. Both were pretty dry but I burned one of each anyway, first the Oliva then the Cusano.

Of course, the Oliva was better. Nice smoke. It will be better when it restabilizes/humidifies a little bit.

The Cusano smelled a little like grass clippings and ammonia at the very beginning. The first 1/2" was not good. It picked up a little from there. Not quite as flavorful as the Oliva (it is a different smoke, but you know what I mean), but it wound up being acceptable for a quick afternoon smoke for about a buck.
Afternoon Shank

Speaking of cigars and Raz's money the Brown Truck just visited.  Some lovely bid items.  My Father Pairing Oscuro Sampler, CroMagnon Aquitaine Mode5 (5/$22 on those)  and some trusty CLE Plus coronas.

Nice! I saw a deal on some MF cedros the other day. It think they would have came to about $4 and change each. I believe that was another monster deal that disappeared in a short time. :)
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

I checked that link for Ohio. It's a shame. That's a sizable increase. I suspect it might not pass in Ohio, though. I believe we passed a sizable tax increase on tobacco last go around. As long as PA doesn't get crazy and there is no other legislation we should be good, right?

Home from  the appt. a little early and it was still above 45 degrees so took the bike out for a little exercise, now settled in with a Perdomo Champagne Noir and coffee.  All good.
Because he'd spend it on hookers and blow.
Na, he's a stand up guy.  it would be mostly on arms, ammo, smokes and booze.
Alcohol, Firearms and Tobacco.  ATFRaz.  ATFDave.  R&D.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

BTW, Perdomo Champagne Epicures are back up!

I held off in part earlier hoping that I could justify adding enough to use a discount. Best case would be adding the Nub cameroons, and spending $42 instead of $16.... On the other hand, I'd have 16 Nub cameroons also... Zheesh.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

BTW, Perdomo Champagne Epicures are back up!

I held off in part earlier hoping that I could justify adding enough to use a discount. Best case would be adding the Nub cameroons, and spending $42 instead of $16.... On the other hand, I'd have 16 Nub cameroons also... Zheesh.

Said that way, though, the Nubs work out to $1.62 each! Damn you, FSS Monster!!!
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

OMG! The cedros 5 packs are now back up for $29!!! Is the Monster watching this thread! Lol!

BTW, Perdomo Champagne Epicures are back up!

I held off in part earlier hoping that I could justify adding enough to use a discount. Best case would be adding the Nub cameroons, and spending $42 instead of $16.... On the other hand, I'd have 16 Nub cameroons also... Zheesh.

Said that way, though, the Nubs work out to $1.62 each! Damn you, FSS Monster!!!
It's Raz's fault

OMG! The cedros 5 packs are now back up for $29!!! Is the Monster watching this thread! Lol!
The Famous operation was once a top notch supplier but over the past few years they have degraded to less than scrupulous marketing scams.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

Cigar marketers are some of the best I've seen...
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

...If only the V tubo 12bx would come up again!
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

OMG! The cedros 5 packs are now back up for $29!!! Is the Monster watching this thread! Lol!
The Famous operation was once a top notch supplier but over the past few years they have degraded to less than scrupulous marketing scams.

I think they were the same price last time... $4 each would be pretty cheap for those.

Cigar marketers are some of the best I've seen...
The smaller ones are pretty good but have fewer really good deals, the two giants CI/Sister and Famous have gotten pretty slimy, especially Famous.

Then there is Thompsons which I recommend avoiding all together.

OMG! The cedros 5 packs are now back up for $29!!! Is the Monster watching this thread! Lol!
The Famous operation was once a top notch supplier but over the past few years they have degraded to less than scrupulous marketing scams.

I think they were the same price last time... $4 each would be pretty cheap for those.
I would have bought some if I had seen them at that price.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

Cigar marketers are some of the best I've seen...
The smaller ones are pretty good but have fewer really good deals but the two giants CI/Sister and Famous have gotten pretty slimy.

Exploit em for the deals!  8)
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

Damn. Do I need to order more? Ha! I could just order the Perdomos. $16 won't break the bank. The MFs are damn fine, though. Man. They get ya, don't they!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14