Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 09:38:41 AM »

Buena Vistas and seersucker shorts day at the Page...
Thanks for saving me from even looking.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »

Damn...... can't remember half my old usernames, etc.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/26/2017
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2017, 09:47:23 AM »

Damn...... can't remember half my old usernames, etc.

G'Morning, Mr.Happy PoOp... least you remembered one.  ;D

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 09:47:24 AM »

Appears the Chinese have to have officially recognized names for non-Chinese.  In the case of our president:

Trump's official Chinese name is Te Lang Pu. That translates to "extraordinary, bright and popular" — the of kind of name he might choose for himself.

But it also can mean "unusual, loud and common," surely the preference for his detractors in the United States.

Of course there are unofficial/slang names, hense the following:

China’s internet users, most of the time, view Trump as a joke. He is nicknamed “Chuanpu,” an abbreviation of “Sichuan Putonghua,” which means “Mandarin with a Sichuan accent.” This is simply because “Trump” and “Chuanpu” sound somewhat similar (the second pronunciation here). The localization has become a reason to support Trump, Weibo users joke.
Li Delin:
In order to promote our Sichuan Putonghua, I support this doubi to be the US president to endorse Chuanpu.
“Doubi,” is online slang that literally means “funny (female genitalia),” but is closer in meaning to “funny douchebag.”
In other cases, Trump is also called 唐床破, or Tang Chuangpo. This is a translation of Donald Trump into a Chinese name with “Tang” (it sounds similar to Don-) as a surname and “Chuangpo” (like “Chuanpu,” it sounds similar to Trump) as a given name. In literal meaning, “Chuangpo” means “bed broken.”

Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson becomes Di Le Sen, which translates to "stem, coerce, dark." President Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway is Kang Wei, meaning "healthy, leather hide." And Ryan Zinke, Trump's nominee for Interior secretary is Jin Ke, which means "ferry crossing, gram or saliva, digest."

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »

Damn...... can't remember half my old usernames, etc.

G'Morning, Mr.Happy PoOp... least you remembered one.  ;D

Morning. I will be spending half my day trying to figure em out..

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2017, 09:50:02 AM »

Damn...... can't remember half my old usernames, etc.
No problem, we'll get new ones.  How the heck are you stranger?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/26/2017
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2017, 09:51:50 AM »

Buena Vistas and seersucker shorts day at the Page...
Thanks for saving me from even looking.

Sure. Buena Ventura would have been a better option...  ;)

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2017, 09:52:51 AM »

Hi Dave, I'm on PC but can't get on using my phone, go figure... Excuse the poor response time but I have a feeling will take me a bit.

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/26/2017
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2017, 09:57:31 AM »

Buena Vistas and seersucker shorts day at the Page...
Thanks for saving me from even looking.

Sure. Buena Ventura would have been a better option...  ;)
I still have some of those from the last "sell off" about 1/2 of the ones I've tried barely draw.  the ones that do are smokeable but not memorable.

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »

[...]

CNS, leather hide.

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »

Dean been on in a while?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/26/2017
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2017, 10:03:39 AM »

Buena Vistas and seersucker shorts day at the Page...
Thanks for saving me from even looking.

Sure. Buena Ventura would have been a better option...  ;)
I still have some of those from the last "sell off" about 1/2 of the ones I've tried barely draw.  the ones that do are smokeable but not memorable.

So, not so Bueno then...
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2017, 10:13:02 AM »

Morning, all!

BYS, does that JR code work on all items?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13