« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2017, 09:07:51 AM »

Mixed bag at the Page.  First two items (601 Blue) already sold out.
And 2 days worth, too.
Damn, they got Fighting Cocks 5/$7.10!  I might buy 5 just to make them ship it to me free.

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2017, 09:07:51 AM »

Mixed bag at the Page.  First two items (601 Blue) already sold out.
And 2 days worth, too.
Those guys didn't open a cigar website to work hard
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »

'Morning, gentlemen!

I hear talk of Tempuses. And of urgency. Apparently that's become the pitch lately. :)

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2017, 09:09:07 AM »

Mixed bag at the Page.  First two items (601 Blue) already sold out.
....Laranja's $10 more a fiver than we managed previously.
Many Curivari sold out.
That was a nice catch on the Caixas, I thought the prices were finally dropping on them

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2017, 09:12:45 AM »

Mixed bag at the Page.  First two items (601 Blue) already sold out.
And 2 days worth, too.
Those guys didn't open a cigar website to work hard
Tat Blacks at a decent price but they were conveniently gone!
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2017, 09:12:49 AM »

Looking at the page's opening lines. What exactly has the FDA done to crash the cigar party? I do notice there are apparently brand closeouts and some say prices will spike.  I'm sure I could Google it. Can anyone explain?

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2017, 09:13:32 AM »

Morning Tony, Bean and Dean.
It's annual physical day here. Wonder if this year, I'll get the finger?
At least you'll finally be getting some action.
Boom!
Sheesh, I hope she's more gentle than that. I'm a virgin back there.

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »

'Morning, gentlemen!

I hear talk of Tempuses. And of urgency. Apparently that's become the pitch lately. :)
Morning Shank, you might find some things that tempt you at the Page this morning.  (cigarpage.com)

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2017, 09:15:10 AM »

Looking at the page's opening lines. What exactly has the FDA done to crash the cigar party? I do notice there are apparently brand closeouts and some say prices will spike.  I'm sure I could Google it. Can anyone explain?
Lol, no, you'd better google it.

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2017, 09:16:38 AM »

Mixed bag at the Page.  First two items (601 Blue) already sold out.
And 2 days worth, too.
Damn, they got Fighting Cocks 5/$7.10!  I might buy 5 just to make them ship it to me free.
Thanks for the heads up!
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2017, 09:18:52 AM »

'Morning, gentlemen!

I hear talk of Tempuses. And of urgency. Apparently that's become the pitch lately. :)
Morning Shank, you might find some things that tempt you at the Page this morning.  (cigarpage.com)

Morning, Dave. I'll give it a look over in more detail a little later. It looks like they've listed the brands from the tenski sale the other day, made them fiver deals, and added 10% or so to the price. Looking at my bechmark  LT prices I've been watching, not that I near more. They went down to 25 for ten. Now 15 for 5. Looks like the same has happened for other cigars (laranja ciao for example)?

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2017, 09:19:20 AM »

And while we are on traffic safety this morning:

The fastest speeding tickets issued in Texas in 2016
Note to Suzuki motorcyclists and other drivers: Watch your speed.

According to Texas Department of Public Safety data obtained by the Chronicle, the two fastest speeding tickets issued in the Lone Star State in 2016 were issued to drivers on the bikes.

Data show the fastest ticket issued was clocked at 209 mph; the second fastest was 167 mph. Both drivers were cited on U.S. 190 in Coryell County.

From Jan. 1 to Dec. 1, 2016, troopers issued 9,821 tickets with alleged speeds of 100 mph or faster. That's up from the 6,883 tickets with alleged speeds of 100 mph or faster in 2015.
Ft Hood territory.  Young invincible soldier types hauling ass on their crotch rockets.
I think beyond 100 MPH....the classification is beyond hauling ass.
Surely there is another designation for over 200!
when copiloting on the trip back from Orlando(by the way, on the way down,
had to explain all the Clemson magnets and stuff, wife said there is some sort of diplomatic vehicle coming up,
it had flags on both sides - had to explain all the Clemson tigers flags, magnets and stuff), there was a sign that
said driving over 80 MPH is reckless driving.  Remember Montana old speed limits, safe and
 prudent during the day, 90 MPH at night.  hello boys.  ::)

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2017, 09:22:22 AM »

Looking at the page's opening lines. What exactly has the FDA done to crash the cigar party? I do notice there are apparently brand closeouts and some say prices will spike.  I'm sure I could Google it. Can anyone explain?
In a nutshell:  FDA took control of the Premium Cigar Industry by way of Rule Making and the mess they created basically prohibits the introduction of new cigars without hundreds of thousands of dollars in testing which small producers could never afford.  So the big 3 continue buying up smaller companies to eventually control the market.

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2017, 09:24:59 AM »

'Morning, gentlemen!

I hear talk of Tempuses. And of urgency. Apparently that's become the pitch lately. :)
Morning Shank, you might find some things that tempt you at the Page this morning.  (cigarpage.com)

Morning, Dave. I'll give it a look over in more detail a little later. It looks like they've listed the brands from the tenski sale the other day, made them fiver deals, and added 10% or so to the price. Looking at my bechmark  LT prices I've been watching, not that I near more. They went down to 25 for ten. Now 15 for 5. Looks like the same has happened for other cigars (laranja ciao for example)?
Good summary, but with the Caixa's there was obviously an error in pricing and they went up when they caught it around 10:00 but in keeping with your findings the 5 pak price today is still higher per stick than the correct 10 pak price last week.

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2017, 09:25:12 AM »

Morning Flip