Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

good morning guys. recovery picnic from 11-5 today and I help cooking. we usually man two grills but I think only one is coming. Pinar del Rio Overrun and coffee, getting my vitamin N & C fix.
What is it about guys in recovery and grills? Neighbor and friend of mine, now departed, used to do the same thing. Always manned the grill at recovery events. ;-)

Good on ya, Deano.

As to the beloved husband, he divorced her shortly after I met him at the 2011 CigarFest.
Yes, I do recall that detail.   Still gotta ask WTF happened, though perhaps it's just none of our business.
It's strange as hell and I still don't wanna believe it's true.
I still haven't heard anything from other friends.  Seemed to be doing well, was more formally involved in a number of cigar lines, seemed happy if not excited for those ventures.
Too weird. The obit didn't make much sense either.
47 years old. Four years younger than me. Faint shudder of horror.
Don't want to spread rumors but usually when obits are this vague it's because the family doesn't want people to know what happened. My cousin's looked a lot like Barry's and his was a suicide.

Either way, we lost a good botl and it saddens me.

good morning guys. recovery picnic from 11-5 today and I help cooking. we usually man two grills but I think only one is coming. Pinar del Rio Overrun and coffee, getting my vitamin N & C fix.
What is it about guys in recovery and grills? Neighbor and friend of mine, now departed, used to do the same thing. Always manned the grill at recovery events. ;-)

Good on ya, Deano.
I found out that I like to eat, and the cook eats first or whenever he wants. 4 burgers and 3 hots so far down the hatch.
afternoon RazMan.

As to the beloved husband, he divorced her shortly after I met him at the 2011 CigarFest.
Yes, I do recall that detail.   Still gotta ask WTF happened, though perhaps it's just none of our business.
It's strange as hell and I still don't wanna believe it's true.
I still haven't heard anything from other friends.  Seemed to be doing well, was more formally involved in a number of cigar lines, seemed happy if not excited for those ventures.
Too weird. The obit didn't make much sense either.
47 years old. Four years younger than me. Faint shudder of horror.
Don't want to spread rumors but usually when obits are this vague it's because the family doesn't want people to know what happened. My cousin's looked a lot like Barry's and his was a suicide.

Either way, we lost a good botl and it saddens me.
Yeah, but it could also be that they don't know for certain what happened. Could be a brain aneurysm, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, none of which are respectful of age and none of which leave telltales.

good morning guys. recovery picnic from 11-5 today and I help cooking. we usually man two grills but I think only one is coming. Pinar del Rio Overrun and coffee, getting my vitamin N & C fix.
What is it about guys in recovery and grills? Neighbor and friend of mine, now departed, used to do the same thing. Always manned the grill at recovery events. ;-)

Good on ya, Deano.
I found out that I like to eat, and the cook eats first or whenever he wants. 4 burgers and 3 hots so far down the hatch.
afternoon RazMan.
There y'go. Afternoon, Dean.

[...]

Completely agree, Raz. I didn't mean to imply anything. Just stating that it is always unsettling when they're vague.

Edit: Thought it was Deano that I was replying to.

[...]

Yup, guess I'm just hoping it wasn't suicide, because that's such a waste. I understand it, and as someone who battles a mood disorder I know what kind of bullshit a malfunctioning brain can throw at people. But it would just be so frustrating to me to lose Barry to that.

Regardless, may his spirit be at peace.

[...]

I hear ya, brother. Let's be sure to smoke the next one in his honor.

the lady gave me a box of Chillin' Moose, because she's from New Hampshire and loves moose, and wants the box and bands. if it's the thought that counts I guess these don't count.

the lady gave me a box of Chillin' Moose, because she's from New Hampshire and loves moose, and wants the box and bands. if it's the thought that counts I guess these don't count.

Don't know anything about those. Maybe they'll be great.

Just looked it up. I think Foundry Cigars have gotten decent ratings. Enjoy in good health, Deano. Make sure to let us know what you think about 'em.

the lady gave me a box of Chillin' Moose, because she's from New Hampshire and loves moose, and wants the box and bands. if it's the thought that counts I guess these don't count.

Don't know anything about those. Maybe they'll be great.

Just looked it up. I think Foundry Cigars have gotten decent ratings. Enjoy in good health, Deano. Make sure to let us know what you think about 'em.
Found a couple of reviews/info but more interested to hear what Deano thinks...

http://www.tappedthatash.com/foundry-chillin-moose-corona/

https://www.reddit.com/r/cigars/comments/2ljanc/review_foundry_chillin_moose/

http://www.cigarcraig.com/tag/chillin-moose/

http://cigar-coop.com/2014/08/cigar-news-foundry-chillin-moose-cigar.html