Pages: 1 2 [3]

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2022, 02:15:21 PM »

Page 2 seems like a weak effort for a Monday, we'll have to try to do better tomorrow. Hazzuh!

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2022, 02:15:38 PM »

Well, there's page 3 then. I guess that's something.

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2022, 03:36:34 PM »

Busy day. Lots to do before heading out tomorrow.

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2022, 03:37:22 PM »

Well matured find.

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2022, 04:59:26 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos.  This morning I figured this for another day of COVID misery, but everything started settling out a little before noon.   My lymphatic system stopped screaming, most of the joint pain faded, the last of the headache dropped away.  Now I just have the sniffles and a cough...and that particular flood of relief when you realize, "oh...yeah.  There really was a normal.  I remember now."

All things considered, this amounted to an average influenza infection in duration and intensity, but with some symptoms emphasized.  Like the headache.  I have had lots of headaches with colds and flu, but this had the distinct and peculiar sense of having my head in a vise that was clamping down on my forehead and the back of my head.

Given the symptoms, I really think I have been exposed to this twice previously, but picked up only enough of a viral load to alarm the system without overloading.  But I guaranteed sufficient exposure last Tuesday night.  Lesson learned:  Don't get intimate with the wife when she has a minor case of the sniffles.  Eighteen hours later she was testing positive, and I figured I was headed for a second screwing that I wasn't going to like so much.  When Friday came and went, I thought I might have gotten lucky, but Saturday morning came and it was "tough luck, Charlie."

But it feels really good for the pain to stop.

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2022, 05:06:47 PM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Ethel Kennedy is 94.
Actor Joel Grey is 90.
Actor Louise Lasser is 83.
Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Ellen Goodman is 81.
Movie writer-director John Milius is 78.
Actor Peter Riegert is 75.
Movie director Carl Franklin is 73.
Actor Bill Irwin is 72.
Country singer-songwriter Jim Lauderdale is 65.
Songwriter-producer Daryl Simmons is 65.
Rock musician Nigel Pulsford is 61.
Actor Lucky Vanous is 61.
Country singer Steve Azar is 58.
Singer Lisa Stansfield is 56.
Actor Johnny Messner is 53.
Rock musician Dylan Keefe (Marcy Playground) is 52.
Actor Vicellous (vy-SAY’-luhs) Shannon is 51.
Rapper David Banner is 48.
Actor Tricia Helfer is 48.
Rock musician Chris Gaylor (The All-American Rejects) is 43.
Actor Kelli Garner is 38.
Singer Joss Stone is 35.
Actor-dancer Kaitlyn Jenkins is 30.

Seven.

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2022, 11:18:03 PM »

[...]

Hope its a quick road to recovery.

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2022, 11:19:47 PM »

Will be on the road tomorrow and mostly incommunicado.  Hold down the fort muchachos.

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2022, 11:39:39 PM »

Will be on the road tomorrow and mostly incommunicado.  Hold down the fort muchachos.
Safe travels.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]