Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2016, 10:02:32 PM »

banana cream pie and coffee for dessert at the lady's house.
I'm watching the World Series while cooking Ravioli with a Savory Pear Sauce. The warden is at a PTA meeting and won't be home for another 45 minutes.
Pasta and meatballs with red gravy.

tomorrow is my white clam sauce and shells night.

I'm getting hungry again already.

Tony, how do you prepare the savory pear sauce?
For the sauce:
A medium sized finely chopped onion,
2 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp fennel seed
1 tsp oregano
Once it begins to brown, add 1/2 cup of water.  Looking to break the onion down so keep adding another 1/2 cup of water, as needed
After it reduces, add 1 lb. chopped meat (preferably pork) and let it cook.
Add 1/2 cup dry white cooking wine and a generous pinch of course salt
Just before serving, add two containers of pear baby food and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

baby food I think I can do but not the wine.
😒
You can probably substitute chicken broth for the wine. You can also make your own pureed pear, but what a pain in the ass.
Sounds like a great dish but I can't do the baby food.
Whatcha stuff the ravioli with, Tone?
It's fall....thinking a nice pumpkin ravioli with a marscapone cream sauce.
That does sound good but I wasn't about to make my own ravioli. Even my mom would cheat with store bought ravioli, from time to time.

« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2016, 11:01:07 PM »

Weird everybody go? Sheesh.

« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2016, 11:12:44 PM »

World Series Game 2

Cubs 5 - Indians 1

Series tied 1-1
Logged