CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 16, 2016, 12:00:07 AM

Title: 6/16/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on June 16, 2016, 12:00:07 AM
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 12:01:57 AM
Another jam? That's 3 this week. Let's hope there is something good or new for us to talk about.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 12:03:37 AM
Only about 1/2 done with this Padron so looks like I'll be here a while despite the early start I'll need to get in the morning.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 12:08:01 AM
Another jam? That's 3 this week. Let's hope there is something good or new for us to talk about.
We started with La Aurora Preferidos Cameroon for 5/$25 and now La Gloria Cubana Edicion Festival - Box of 8 /$34.99. Both different for a typical jam. So I'd say we are off to a good start.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 12:16:49 AM
I also kind of like the new way cigar.com is doing their Daily Deal recently with 3 from the same brand.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 12:34:21 AM
Another jam? That's 3 this week. Let's hope there is something good or new for us to talk about.
We started with La Aurora Preferidos Cameroon for 5/$25 and now La Gloria Cubana Edicion Festival - Box of 8 /$34.99. Both different for a typical jam. So I'd say we are off to a good start.
Followed by My Father No. 1 (robusto) 5/$34.50. Not too shabby. Not saying it's the best deal out there but it ain't the worst either.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 12:36:17 AM
Well anyhoo, although I've still got about another inch on this cigar, I've been smoking it for an hour and it's time to turn in.

Buona notte.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: bluecollar on June 16, 2016, 12:38:40 AM
Well anyhoo, although I've still got about another inch on this cigar, I've been smoking it for an hour and it's time to turn in.

Buona notte.
Night Mr. Mayor. I'll be around for the stragglers.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: bluecollar on June 16, 2016, 12:41:24 AM
Non cigar related but man the Yankees suck this year. Cashman has to go. Hank and Hal don't have their fathers desire........it's sad.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on June 16, 2016, 03:31:15 AM
9:30am here and have plans to enjoy a smoke this afternoon. Haven't seen any deals as I don't even pay attention to the jams anymore. Cigarpage became just another vendor with same prices, decent deals on some Cubans and the room 101 deal I hit on CI was nice. I should have a CI box with the new Bueso when I get home. I'll check the airports duty free shops for deals tonight.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 03:56:35 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 05:37:48 AM
Morning Golf, Happy Friday here too.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 05:39:37 AM
Morning Blue. One AC in my house crapped out yesterday when the heat index was 116 degrees do you think you could stop by on the way home this morning and fix it up?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 05:40:45 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
Nuts cut but sounds like he got a good package which certainly helps.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 05:52:46 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
Nuts cut but sounds like he got a good package which certainly helps.
Indeed. And with his time off, he may even have a chance to figure out how to automate the flip here. Morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 05:54:05 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
Nuts cut but sounds like he got a good package which certainly helps.
Indeed. And with his time off, he may even have a chance to figure out how to automate the flip here. Morning, Dave.
::)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 05:55:16 AM
Time for me to hit the road to the hell hole.  BBL
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 05:58:20 AM
DPG Blues Jamming 5/$24.50   Not Beano Approved but not terrible now days.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 16, 2016, 06:19:12 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 06:21:51 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 16, 2016, 06:28:38 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 06:33:37 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
Pretty sure my heart couldn't take that. Not 100% sure how my heart handles them right now. Lol
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: sfish on June 16, 2016, 06:35:20 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
They bottle other things for parents to combat that energy. Good morning Dean
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 16, 2016, 06:42:03 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
They bottle other things for parents to combat that energy. Good morning Dean
I'm beginning to think energy drinks were intended for old people. morning Scott.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: sfish on June 16, 2016, 06:52:13 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
They bottle other things for parents to combat that energy. Good morning Dean
I'm beginning to think energy drinks were intended for old people. morning Scott.
No question
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 06:55:46 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
They bottle other things for parents to combat that energy. Good morning Dean
And if you just want to say fuck it, they have bottles of that stuff as well. Morning, Scott.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on June 16, 2016, 06:59:59 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
They bottle other things for parents to combat that energy. Good morning Dean
And if you just want to say fuck it, they have bottles of that stuff as well. Morning, Scott.
Dean has been sober and proud of it for years... Way to go dean.
he enjoys his cigars with coffee.  8)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on June 16, 2016, 07:03:46 AM
Good morning boys, had some oral surgery yesterday morning, wasn't thrilled about having to go in to
work today. got a 6:30AM call to check out some errors they are having. I might be able to work from
home for the rest of the day.  laughing gas and IV sedation, my new favorite way to have dental work done.
No cigars for at least 10 days though.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 16, 2016, 07:05:51 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
They bottle other things for parents to combat that energy. Good morning Dean
And if you just want to say fuck it, they have bottles of that stuff as well. Morning, Scott.
Dean has been sober and proud of it for years... Way to go dean.
he enjoys his cigars with coffee.  8)
morning flip. yep, 32 years without an adult beverage. most people would find me boring, but I do love my coffee and cigars.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 16, 2016, 07:07:34 AM
Good morning boys, had some oral surgery yesterday morning, wasn't thrilled about having to go in to
work today. got a 6:30AM call to check out some errors they are having. I might be able to work from
home for the rest of the day.  laughing gas and IV sedation, my new favorite way to have dental work done.
No cigars for at least 10 days though.
I agree. put me out doc and wake me when you're done.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 07:11:11 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
They bottle other things for parents to combat that energy. Good morning Dean
And if you just want to say fuck it, they have bottles of that stuff as well. Morning, Scott.
Dean has been sober and proud of it for years... Way to go dean.
he enjoys his cigars with coffee.  8)
That's why we consume the alcohol for him. Morning, flip.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 16, 2016, 07:14:02 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
They bottle other things for parents to combat that energy. Good morning Dean
And if you just want to say fuck it, they have bottles of that stuff as well. Morning, Scott.
Dean has been sober and proud of it for years... Way to go dean.
he enjoys his cigars with coffee.  8)
That's why we consume the alcohol for him. Morning, flip.
and I don't mind a bit. definately had more than my share in the day.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:26:27 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
looks like Bad Dad has hijacked Dean's account.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:26:55 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
You got grandkids golf?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 07:28:05 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
You got grandkids golf?
My oldest is 9, so not quite yet.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:29:00 AM
Morning Dean, Fish and Flip
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:30:06 AM
216 Days
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:31:43 AM
I have been here 30 minutes and the ambulances are making their second run to the homeless shelter since I got here, sheesh what a damn waste of the tax payers money.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 07:36:08 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 07:37:15 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
Nuts cut but sounds like he got a good package which certainly helps.
Indeed. And with his time off, he may even have a chance to figure out how to automate the flip here. Morning, Dave.
Let's not go crazy now.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 07:37:50 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
LALTS. Well, they definitely gave you a whole heap of warning, didn't they?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 07:38:12 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
Nuts cut but sounds like he got a good package which certainly helps.
Indeed. And with his time off, he may even have a chance to figure out how to automate the flip here. Morning, Dave.
Let's not go crazy now.
I said may. ;)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:45:22 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
I think Golf has a new schedule too, maybe you two can carpool now.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:45:33 AM
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:46:32 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
Nuts cut but sounds like he got a good package which certainly helps.
Indeed. And with his time off, he may even have a chance to figure out how to automate the flip here. Morning, Dave.
Let's not go crazy now.
I said may. ;)
I thought it was June ???
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:54:53 AM
Now I will say that Housing Cost in Austin are stupid based on the other large Metro areas in TX but this is the biggest bunch of ignorant crap I have seen lately.  I mean really, people assholes move here from CA where they sold a 1500 sq ft bungalow on a 1/20 acre lot for $2 million and buy a 4,000 sq ft house on the lake with a 1/2-3/4 acre lot here with the money.

Is your house really worth what you’re paying for it?

According to a new Forbes list, if you’re living in Austin or San Antonio, it definitely isn’t. The site compiled a list of the most overvalued and undervalued housing markets in the United States, and the neighboring Central Texas cities tied for the No. 1 spot.

Homes in both Austin and San Antonio are overvalued by 19 percent, the most of any housing market in the country, Forbes reports. To give you a little perspective, homes in San Francisco, a city notorious for its unreasonable housing prices, are overvalued by 14 percent.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on June 16, 2016, 08:02:45 AM
Good morning boys, had some oral surgery yesterday morning, wasn't thrilled about having to go in to
work today. got a 6:30AM call to check out some errors they are having. I might be able to work from
home for the rest of the day.  laughing gas and IV sedation, my new favorite way to have dental work done.
No cigars for at least 10 days though.
I agree. put me out doc and wake me when you're done.
only problem with being out, he had 3 cute female assistants, didn't get to watch them
for long.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 08:08:38 AM
[...]

#commies
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:09:59 AM
[...]

Since I plan to sell my house next spring only wish the commies were not making this shit up.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:13:09 AM
Saw this headline and thought this has to be the Question of the Day!  I certainly know the answer for this fuct-up operation.

Performance Appraisals or Fairy Tales?

Hints:  Here are 3 suggestions given by others.

Let's Kill The Performance Appraisal Process
Clear the Table!
How Many Psychologists Does It Take to Change a Light Bulb?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:14:54 AM
This further proves the demise of this country!

55% of American Workers Don’t Take All Their Paid Vacation

More than half (55%) of Americans didn’t take all their vacation days in 2015, up from 42% in 2013, according to a new study released Tuesday by the U.S. Travel Association’s Project Time Off.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 08:15:39 AM
[...]

True enough, could only benefit you at this point.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:27:24 AM
[...]

The truth of it is this is just another "oh the poor people are so outcast" exposure ploy.  Austin, as pretty much every other top 50 metro area in the country has become too expensive for the low wage earners to live in town.  And over the past 5 or so years the yuppie cool people have found it to be a great facsimile of reality tv to go over to East Austin (where most of the poverty in Austin is) and buy old houses for $50-75,000 in a dangerous neighborhood and spend upwards of $300,000 making them nice, often they spend $500,000+ so now all the $100,000 and less houses don't exist anymore.  So then the same yuppie assholes whine about the poor not having places to live........ and on and on.

Sorry, guess I had a Raz Attack there but it is the way it is.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:28:10 AM
I smell a burner coming from the Page today or tomorrow.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:34:31 AM
Yesterday it was the AC and today it is this (building next to ours), damn that is right by where I sit and visit the vagrants.

A suspicious package has been reported in the  Thornberry Garage just inside the entryway with the glass doors. This is near the loading dock and the elevator.

Please AVOID this area until the APD bomb squad can examine the package and the all clear is given.

Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on June 16, 2016, 08:40:22 AM
Yesterday it was the AC and today it is this (building next to ours), damn that is right by where I sit and visit the vagrants.

A suspicious package has been reported in the  Thornberry Garage just inside the entryway with the glass doors. This is near the loading dock and the elevator.

Please AVOID this area until the APD bomb squad can examine the package and the all clear is given.

maybe a vagrant had a box delivered?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 08:40:57 AM
Morning Dean, flip, LTG, fishy, and UnabomberDave. And NowFullTimeMayorTony if you're still around.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:44:52 AM
Yesterday it was the AC and today it is this (building next to ours), damn that is right by where I sit and visit the vagrants.

A suspicious package has been reported in the  Thornberry Garage just inside the entryway with the glass doors. This is near the loading dock and the elevator.

Please AVOID this area until the APD bomb squad can examine the package and the all clear is given.

maybe a vagrant had a box delivered?
We figure it is the part to fix our AC units and now the dumbass Austin Cops will blow it up.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 16, 2016, 08:45:04 AM
I have been here 30 minutes and the ambulances are making their second run to the homeless shelter since I got here, sheesh what a damn waste of the tax payers money.
what waste, that you've been there for 30 minutes or a homeless person needs medical care? easy now, homeless are people too. I know, I was one.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 08:46:14 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor, Rick, Dave, Dave, Dean and Bean!  Good Thursday to ya!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 16, 2016, 08:46:34 AM
Yesterday it was the AC and today it is this (building next to ours), damn that is right by where I sit and visit the vagrants.

A suspicious package has been reported in the  Thornberry Garage just inside the entryway with the glass doors. This is near the loading dock and the elevator.

Please AVOID this area until the APD bomb squad can examine the package and the all clear is given.

maybe a vagrant had a box delivered?
We figure it is the part to fix our AC units and now the dumbass Austin Cops will blow it up.
did you call Rick yet?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 08:46:49 AM
Oops, Fishy too, good morning.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 08:47:44 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor, Rick, Dave, Dave, Dean and Bean!  Good Thursday to ya!
Morning WaldoDave.  Where are you?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 08:47:47 AM
Today is Thursday, June 16, the 168th day of 2016. There are 198 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On June 16, 1963, the world's first female space traveler, Valentina Tereshkova (teh-ruhsh-KOH'-vuh), 26, was launched into orbit by the Soviet Union aboard Vostok 6; she spent 71 hours in flight, circling the Earth 48 times before returning safely.

On this date:

In 1567, Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned in Lochleven Castle in Scotland. (She escaped almost a year later but ended up imprisoned again.)

In 1858, accepting the Illinois Republican Party's nomination for the U.S. Senate, Abraham Lincoln said the slavery issue had to be resolved, declaring, "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

In 1903, Ford Motor Co. was incorporated.

In 1911, IBM had its beginnings as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Co. was incorporated in New York State.

In 1933, the National Industrial Recovery Act became law with President Franklin D. Roosevelt's signature. (The Act was later struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court.) The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was founded as President Roosevelt signed the Banking Act of 1933.

In 1941, National Airport (now Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) opened for business with a ceremony attended by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

In 1943, comedian Charles Chaplin, 54, married his fourth wife, 18-year-old Oona O'Neill, daughter of playwright Eugene O'Neill, in Carpinteria, California.

In 1944, George Stinney, a 14-year-old black youth, became the youngest person to die in the electric chair as the state of South Carolina executed him for the murders of two white girls, Betty June Binnicker, 11, and Mary Emma Thames, 7.

In 1956, poets Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes were married in London.

In 1978, President Jimmy Carter and Panamanian leader Omar Torrijos (toh-REE'-ohs) exchanged the instruments of ratification for the Panama Canal treaties.

In 1987, a jury in New York acquitted Bernhard Goetz of attempted murder in the subway shooting of four youths he said were going to rob him; however, Goetz was convicted of illegal weapons possession. (In 1996, a civil jury ordered Goetz to pay $43 million to one of the persons he'd shot.)

In 1996, Russian voters went to the polls in their first independent presidential election; the result was a runoff between President Boris Yeltsin (the eventual winner) and Communist challenger Gennady Zyuganov. Sportscaster Mel Allen died in Greenwich, Connecticut, at age 83.

Ten years ago: The House rejected a timetable for pulling U.S. forces out of Iraq, 256-153. In Iraq, three 101st Airborne Division soldiers were killed in an attack while two others were abducted (their mutilated bodies were found three days later). In Martinez, California, Susan Polk, 48, was convicted of second-degree murder for stabbing to death her millionaire psychotherapist husband, Felix Polk, whom she had first met as a 14-year-old girl in treatment. "Lonelygirl15," a fictitious video blogger played by actress Jessica Lee Rose, made her online debut.

Five years ago: U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., announced his resignation from Congress, bowing to the furor caused by his sexually charged online dalliances with a former porn actress and other women. Osama bin Laden's longtime second-in-command, Ayman al-Zawahri (AY'-muhn ahl-ZWAH'-ree), took control of al-Qaida.

One year ago: Real estate mogul Donald Trump launched his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. A 21st-birthday party thrown by a group of visiting Irish college students in Berkeley, California, turned tragic when the fifth-floor balcony they were crowded on collapsed, spilling 13 people about 50 feet onto the pavement, killing six. The Golden State Warriors won their first NBA championship since 1975, beating the Cleveland Cavaliers 105-97 in Game 6.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 08:48:17 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor Bill Cobbs is 82. Author Joyce Carol Oates is 78. Country singer Billy "Crash" Craddock is 78. Songwriter Lamont Dozier is 75. Rhythm-and-blues singer Eddie Levert is 74. Actress Joan Van Ark is 73. Actor Geoff Pierson is 67. Rhythm-and-blues singer James Smith (The Stylistics) is 66. Boxing Hall of Famer Roberto Duran is 65. Pop singer Gino Vannelli is 64. Actress Laurie Metcalf is 61. Actor Arnold Vosloo is 54. Actor Danny Burstein is 52. Model-actress Jenny Shimizu is 49. Actor James Patrick Stuart is 48. Rapper MC Ren is 47. Actor Clifton Collins Jr. is 46. Golfer Phil Mickelson is 46. Actor John Cho is 44. Actor Eddie Cibrian is 43. Actor Fred Koehler is 41. Actress China (chee-nah) Shavers is 39. Actor Daniel Bruhl is 38. Actress Sibel Kekilli is 36. Actress Missy Peregrym (PEH'-rih-grihm) is 34. Actress Olivia Hack is 33. Singer Diana DeGarmo (TV: "American Idol") is 29. Pop-rock musician Ian Keaggy (Hot Chelle (SHEL)) is 29.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 08:48:44 AM
Thought for Today: "Our memories are card indexes consulted and then returned in disorder by authorities whom we do not control." - Cyril Connolly, British critic (1903-1974).
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:53:02 AM
I have been here 30 minutes and the ambulances are making their second run to the homeless shelter since I got here, sheesh what a damn waste of the tax payers money.
what waste, that you've been there for 30 minutes or a homeless person needs medical care? easy now, homeless are people too. I know, I was one.
I welcome you to come down here and see this mess in person then defend it, most all of the medical care is related to fights or drug overdoses.  They have turned a 4-5 square block downtown area into a complete wasteland.   And FYI per city records every one of those emergency runs cost the tax payers $7-10 thousand dollars minimum.

I wasted 30 minutes too but it pays well.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 08:53:26 AM
Sis apparently gave up on single brand offerings for the day...
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:53:29 AM
Good Morning Bean and PR Dave.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 08:55:36 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor, Rick, Dave, Dave, Dean and Bean!  Good Thursday to ya!
Morning WaldoDave.  Where are you?
Still in Añasco/Rincon Beach/Aguadilla PR.  Heading home tonight....well, 2:00 AM tomorrow...
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 08:58:10 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Nice Dean, thanks for sharing!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 08:59:32 AM
Sis apparently gave up on single brand offerings for the day...
Single-ish
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 08:59:45 AM
Sis apparently gave up on single brand offerings for the day...
The Sis has become the "What Next Waldo" of the Daily Deal Programs.  I am no expert but just perhaps they should next try "quality offerings at competitive prices", it would be a long shot but who knows it might work even better than that stupid race horse whatever they have.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 08:59:46 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Wish I knew where they got their energy from sometimes. Morning, Dean.
been so long since they've seen grampa Dean they took advantage of the time with me. my God, imagine if you could bottle that energy.
They bottle other things for parents to combat that energy. Good morning Dean
And if you just want to say fuck it, they have bottles of that stuff as well. Morning, Scott.
Dean has been sober and proud of it for years... Way to go dean.
he enjoys his cigars with coffee.  8)
morning flip. yep, 32 years without an adult beverage. most people would find me boring, but I do love my coffee and cigars.
WHO ever said you were boring Deano????? :o
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 09:00:54 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
And your countdown beats TexDave's....
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:00:59 AM
good morning guys. grandkids WORE ME OUT last night.
Short Story and coffee going.
Nice Dean, thanks for sharing!
Kind of ironic, last week it was the same story  except the grandma's faults.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:02:24 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
And your countdown beats TexDave's....
For a fact!  Funny, October 14 is my brothers birthday so I will  be able to remember Tony's schedule, does Golf have a schedule?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 09:03:57 AM
My Father offerings at CigarPage....only 15 listed items already gone.
As TexDave hedged his bets, there is still his prediction for a burner for tomorrow.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 09:04:30 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
And your countdown beats TexDave's....
A four month notice?  Interesting.  How do they keep you remotely interested in showing up?  Lord the severance package over you?  Sounds f'd up to me.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:05:44 AM
My Father offerings at CigarPage....only 15 listed items already gone.
As TexDave hedged his bets, there is still his prediction for a burner for tomorrow.
Note:  All Boxes
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:06:27 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
And your countdown beats TexDave's....
A four month notice?  Interesting.  How do they keep you remotely interested in showing up?  Lord the severance package over you?  Sounds f'd up to me.
Welcome to the new corporate world order Bean. ::)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:07:35 AM
Guess I will take a walk and see if anything blew up yet.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 09:12:12 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
And your countdown beats TexDave's....
A four month notice?  Interesting.  How do they keep you remotely interested in showing up?  Lord the severance package over you?  Sounds f'd up to me.
Severance incentives is the answer...
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 09:12:43 AM
Guess I will take a walk and see if anything blew up yet.
Check for a fuse.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 09:15:34 AM
5 Vegas Limitada 2016
Hurry, going fast!
Only 750 boxes made!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 09:19:51 AM
5 Vegas Limitada 2016
Hurry, going fast!
Only 750 boxes made!
(http://i.imgur.com/p7Y0eRW.gif?noredirect)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: sfish on June 16, 2016, 09:29:07 AM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
And your countdown beats TexDave's....
A four month notice?  Interesting.  How do they keep you remotely interested in showing up?  Lord the severance package over you?  Sounds f'd up to me.
He's not interested now so no difference
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:32:57 AM
Guess I will take a walk and see if anything blew up yet.
Check for a fuse.
So damn hot out there I don't think it needs a fuse.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:34:30 AM
Picked up a decaf expresso along my walk.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:38:15 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:43:19 AM
Markets Open

DOW   -113 @ 17,527
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 09:47:19 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:50:11 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: sfish on June 16, 2016, 09:50:39 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Right? I bet there'll be some O.T. involved
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:51:42 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Right? I bet there'll be some O.T. involved
They are all Union so take it from there.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 09:54:53 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Don't you pay taxes in the city you work?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 09:57:14 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Don't you pay taxes in the city you work?
Sales tax.  He should be bringing a thermos to work vs buying coffee on his walkabouts.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:59:14 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Don't you pay taxes in the city you work?
Sales tax.  He should be bringing a thermos to work vs buying coffee on his walkabouts.
True but actually I buy very very little that is taxable in Austin.  Lunch or a cup of coffee is about it.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 10:01:07 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Don't you pay taxes in the city you work?
Sales tax.  He should be bringing a thermos to work vs buying coffee on his walkabouts.
Ah, gotcha. Little bit different here.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 10:01:40 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Don't you pay taxes in the city you work?
NO, we don't have "city" taxes other than real property and sales tax.  Don't own any real property in this fuct up city nor do I donate more than maybe a  hundred dollars or so annually  to their sales tax bucket.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 10:05:08 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Don't you pay taxes in the city you work?
Sales tax.  He should be bringing a thermos to work vs buying coffee on his walkabouts.
Ah, gotcha. Little bit different here.
No state income tax here either but in the large metro areas Real Property Taxes are out the ass and roughly 65% of them are school taxes so they can build monumental football stadiums and pay a dozen different school district administrators $500,000 per year.  Oh yeah, then there is the Robin Hood Law which means we have to donate our school taxes to the poor counties, AKA  the Mexican border counties.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 10:10:08 AM
"ALL CLEAR" to enter the Thornberry Building. Occupants may return to the building and resume normal operations.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 10:13:03 AM
Another report said found in 10,000 foot deep water.

Authorities found EgyptAir flight MS804 on Wednesday afternoon, the Associated Press reported

Egypt said it "spotted and obtained images from the wreckage of the EgyptAir," AP reported.

Debris was discovered by the John Lethbridge, a ship equipped with sonar capability.

The wreckage was spotted between the island of Crete and the Egyptian coast.

The flight crashed May 19 while en route from Paris to Cairo, Egypt.

Sixty-six people died when the plane crashed into the Mediterranean Sea. The crew never issued a distress call.

The cause of the crash has not been determined, but weather was clear at the time and is not thought to be a factor.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:14:39 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Don't you pay taxes in the city you work?
Sales tax.  He should be bringing a thermos to work vs buying coffee on his walkabouts.
But he's got a liking for that commie coffee!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 10:14:40 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:16:01 AM
Another report said found in 10,000 foot deep water.

Authorities found EgyptAir flight MS804 on Wednesday afternoon, the Associated Press reported

Egypt said it "spotted and obtained images from the wreckage of the EgyptAir," AP reported.

Debris was discovered by the John Lethbridge, a ship equipped with sonar capability.

The wreckage was spotted between the island of Crete and the Egyptian coast.

The flight crashed May 19 while en route from Paris to Cairo, Egypt.

Sixty-six people died when the plane crashed into the Mediterranean Sea. The crew never issued a distress call.

The cause of the crash has not been determined, but weather was clear at the time and is not thought to be a factor.
Voice recorder has also been recovered.

edit:  Source CNN
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:16:34 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Hope things are hanging in there.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 10:17:02 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:18:42 AM
Learned me a newfangled word today...
jeremiad
:  a prolonged lamentation or complaint; also :  a cautionary or angry harangue

who says what about the old dog... ???

edit:  got that from Merriam Webster Bean...
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 10:19:23 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Don't you pay taxes in the city you work?
Sales tax.  He should be bringing a thermos to work vs buying coffee on his walkabouts.
But he's got a liking for that commie coffee!
Find me a non-commie coffee that is as good or better and I will switch tomorrow.  Less commie now though I go to Lavazza  not Starbucks.  Italians are no where near the commie state that Seattle is.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 10:20:14 AM
Learned me a newfangled word today...
jeremiad
:  a prolonged lamentation or complaint; also :  a cautionary or angry harangue

who says what about the old dog... ???
Will not help this older dog much I can't even say the word much less remember it.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 10:21:43 AM
Another report said found in 10,000 foot deep water.

Authorities found EgyptAir flight MS804 on Wednesday afternoon, the Associated Press reported

Egypt said it "spotted and obtained images from the wreckage of the EgyptAir," AP reported.

Debris was discovered by the John Lethbridge, a ship equipped with sonar capability.

The wreckage was spotted between the island of Crete and the Egyptian coast.

The flight crashed May 19 while en route from Paris to Cairo, Egypt.

Sixty-six people died when the plane crashed into the Mediterranean Sea. The crew never issued a distress call.

The cause of the crash has not been determined, but weather was clear at the time and is not thought to be a factor.
Voice recorder has also been recovered.

edit:  Source CNN
Those always same the same thing :  Oh Shit......
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 10:21:54 AM
Learned me a newfangled word today...
jeremiad
:  a prolonged lamentation or complaint; also :  a cautionary or angry harangue

who says what about the old dog... ???

edit:  got that from Merriam Webster Bean...
Yes, but do you know the etymology of the word?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 10:22:28 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz, hope things have settled down a little for you.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 10:22:52 AM
Learned me a newfangled word today...
jeremiad
:  a prolonged lamentation or complaint; also :  a cautionary or angry harangue

who says what about the old dog... ???
Will not help this older dog much I can't even say the word much less remember it.
But you have a new name, JeremiadDave.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:23:00 AM
2 Cops, 2 Ambulances and a Fire Truck at the Shelter now.
I can hear your tax bill rising now.
Fortunately I do not live in the City of Austin and while the county pays part of it at least it is a very small part.
Don't you pay taxes in the city you work?
Sales tax.  He should be bringing a thermos to work vs buying coffee on his walkabouts.
But he's got a liking for that commie coffee!
Find me a non-commie coffee that is as good or better and I will switch tomorrow.  Less commie now though I go to Lavazza  not Starbucks.  Italians are no where near the commie state that Seattle is.
True, Fascist to Socialist....
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:24:43 AM
Learned me a newfangled word today...
jeremiad
:  a prolonged lamentation or complaint; also :  a cautionary or angry harangue

who says what about the old dog... ???
Will not help this older dog much I can't even say the word much less remember it.
But you have a new name, JeremiadDave.
JeremiadDave was a bullfrog....
...was a good friend of mine....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf-d-Ka30EY
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 10:24:49 AM
Learned me a newfangled word today...
jeremiad
:  a prolonged lamentation or complaint; also :  a cautionary or angry harangue

who says what about the old dog... ???
Will not help this older dog much I can't even say the word much less remember it.
But you have a new name, JeremiadDave.
And you now have new initials:  GFY
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 10:25:34 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz, hope things have settled down a little for you.
Settled...imagine cruising in an airliner at 40,000 feet and the engines break off. Gets real quiet and peaceful until the plane starts to fall. That's where we are at the moment.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 10:42:08 AM
All ready for game 6 tonight.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:45:30 AM
Haven't seen these Galdalf cigars...or other Graycliffs for a while...
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:48:37 AM
Learned me a newfangled word today...
jeremiad
:  a prolonged lamentation or complaint; also :  a cautionary or angry harangue

who says what about the old dog... ???

edit:  got that from Merriam Webster Bean...
Yes, but do you know the etymology of the word?
I always consider that as part of the definition of a word.

Jeremiah was a naysayer. That Jewish prophet, who lived from about 650 to 570 BC, spent his days lambasting the Hebrews for their false worship and social injustice and denouncing the king for his selfishness, materialism, and inequities. When not calling on his people to quit their wicked ways, he was lamenting his own lot; a portion of the Old Testament's Book of Jeremiah is devoted to his "confessions," a series of lamentations on the hardships endured by a prophet with an unpopular message. Nowadays, English speakers use "Jeremiah" for a pessimistic person and "jeremiad" for the way these Jeremiahs carry on. The word jeremiad was actually borrowed from the French, who coined it as "jérémiade."
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:51:01 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz, hope things have settled down a little for you.
Settled...imagine cruising in an airliner at 40,000 feet and the engines break off. Gets real quiet and peaceful until the plane starts to fall. That's where we are at the moment.
Different plane, been there.  Remember we (and others) got parachutes for you.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 10:51:15 AM
[...]

Well done. Jeremiah was the weeping prophet. Of course, being's I'm the preacher of the group, you knew I'd ask.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 10:59:10 AM
[...]

Or we could just say whiner....
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: sfish on June 16, 2016, 11:03:28 AM
Haven't seen these Galdalf cigars...or other Graycliffs for a while...
The discount is almost Gurkhaesque
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 11:04:53 AM
[...]

Well, partly...but Jeremiah and Jonah are two of my favorite character is the Old Testament because they were the only guys who sassed God, and they were brazen about it.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 11:15:33 AM
Now this is crazy thus one of you computer guru's might can explain it.

iPhone was working fine a couple of hours ago, walked outside the building and suddenly no matter what web site I try to go to (regardless of whether it is direct from the bookmarks or I type it directly in) it takes me to the Austin Omni Hotel site which is almost across the street.  Now I am back up to my office basically the same distance from the Omni just up 8 floors and it is working just fine.

Edit:  All using LTE signal not wifi.

WTF
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 11:15:54 AM
Haven't seen these Galdalf cigars...or other Graycliffs for a while...
The discount is almost Gurkhaesque
That is a BIG number there!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 11:22:03 AM
With all the across the board price increases on smokes it is hard to figure out if something is a good deal or not by todays post FDA price standards.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 11:33:08 AM
I'm informed that brother 2 has agreed to be committed to a psych program. Maybe there's hope.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 11:33:43 AM
[...]

Talkin' foreign again.  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 11:34:34 AM
I'm informed that brother 2 has agreed to be committed to a psych program. Maybe there's hope.
Positive way to start for sure.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 11:34:37 AM
I'm informed that brother 2 has agreed to be committed to a psych program. Maybe there's hope.
Good sign he wants help.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 11:40:56 AM
I'm informed that brother 2 has agreed to be committed to a psych program. Maybe there's hope.
Definite good sign there.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 11:41:51 AM
I'm informed that brother 2 has agreed to be committed to a psych program. Maybe there's hope.
Good sign he wants help.
I'm skeptical yet. Like most addicts, he's a master manipulator.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 12:02:51 PM
I'm informed that brother 2 has agreed to be committed to a psych program. Maybe there's hope.
Good sign he wants help.
I'm skeptical yet. Like most addicts, he's a master manipulator.
Yea, there's that, and unfortunately most psych programs and  individuals play right into it, hearing what they want to hear.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 12:10:01 PM
At $500/pop they must be Saturday night special AR's!
  That O'gunner he is one hell of a salesman!

Gun Shop Owner: AR-15's Flying Off Shelves at $500 a Pop

Adventure Outdoors Owner Jay Wallace told Fox Business Network’s Stuart Varney that sales of AR-15s and other firearms have “really kicked up” since Sunday.

Wallace claimed that he has sold more than 15 AR-15’s per hour and may know the reasons as to why there is such a rise in sales.

“[People] are afraid that the government is going to take [guns] away and there are folks that are in fear because of the times that we are living in today and those are two big reasons,” he said.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 12:12:34 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 12:28:06 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
oh, thay you prancing stallion.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 12:30:46 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
oh, thay you prancing stallion.
Now CB.... ::)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 12:35:10 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
I laugh every time I see one in a shop!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 12:35:30 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
oh, thay you prancing stallion.
Now CB.... ::)
:oCB is a pink pistol ???
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 12:37:10 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
I laugh every time I see one in a shop!
You forgot the Pink AR 15's!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 12:40:30 PM
No fat bean burrito on a whole grain tortilla today

Could bring on a brawl later on.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 12:44:22 PM
Mid-day report

Market has turned around, now +24 points and rising
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 12:52:36 PM
Mid-day report

Market has turned around, now +24 points and rising
Sheesh, now it has turned back south and -9 points
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 12:57:57 PM
Good afternoon, Fellas. Here's a little music for the page...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbBqBOSXlU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbBqBOSXlU)

Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 01:00:09 PM
Afternoon BS
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 01:13:13 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-\
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 01:15:12 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-\
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 01:20:21 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-\
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 01:20:26 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
I laugh every time I see one in a shop!
Are they pink so you can hide them in the lingerie drawer?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 01:21:18 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-\
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Eating beans leads to fart fights.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 01:21:34 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-\
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Indeed on the bacon, absolutely covers all the food groups a man needs.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 01:22:07 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-\
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Eating beans leads to fart fights.
Now where in the hell did you learn such as that?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 01:22:32 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-\
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 01:22:48 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
I laugh every time I see one in a shop!
Are they pink so you can hide them in the lingerie drawer?
I think you should find out.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 01:22:57 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-\
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsdmqhn50uM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsdmqhn50uM)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 01:23:20 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-\
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Eating beans leads to fart fights.
Now where in the hell did you learn such as that?
I learned it on the banter of course.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 01:23:40 PM
Sorry, I almost forgot, top 5 news stories for Bean from the NY Times ....or do you prefer USAToday?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/16/nytnow/your-thursday-briefing-orlando-donald-trump-us-open.html?ribbon-ad-idx=10&rref=homepage&module=Ribbon&version=origin&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Home%20Page&pgtype=article
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 01:23:53 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
I laugh every time I see one in a shop!
Are they pink so you can hide them in the lingerie drawer?
I think you should find out.
I think he already knows. ;)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 01:24:51 PM
No fat bean burrito on a whole grain tortilla today

Could bring on a brawl later on.
I can tell you some bars to stay away from...
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 01:33:05 PM
No fat bean burrito on a whole grain tortilla today

Could bring on a brawl later on.
I can tell you some bars to stay away from...
Oil Can Harry's?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 01:40:12 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
I laugh every time I see one in a shop!
Are they pink so you can hide them in the lingerie drawer?
I think you should find out.
I think he already knows. ;)
You're thinking of CaitlynDave.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 01:42:20 PM
Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.
I laugh every time I see one in a shop!
Are they pink so you can hide them in the lingerie drawer?
I think you should find out.
I think he already knows. ;)
You're thinking of CaitlynDave.
GFY!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 01:54:31 PM
No fat bean burrito on a whole grain tortilla today

Could bring on a brawl later on.
I can tell you some bars to stay away from...
Oil Can Harry's?
What's wrong with that??
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 01:59:28 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Aren't they basically the same thing?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 02:02:03 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Aren't they basically the same thing?
Not really, lard is more generic and mostly flavorless, bacon drippings are full of bacon goodness!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 02:05:35 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Aren't they basically the same thing?
Not really, lard is more generic and mostly flavorless, bacon drippings are full of bacon goodness!
Don't worry Raz they are both likely banned in WA.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 02:15:30 PM
Morning, all. Happy my Friday. Tony - did I read last night's banter right, that you've no longer been able to avoid the chopping block? Sorry to hear that, if I'm reading it right.
You read it correctly. Don't be sorry, be happy for me. Unfortunately, my last day isn't until October 14th. Can't wait to get the eff out. In a way, it's my new schedule.
And your countdown beats TexDave's....
A four month notice?  Interesting.  How do they keep you remotely interested in showing up?  Lord the severance package over you?  Sounds f'd up to me.
That's exactly how they do it. You want 3/4 of next year's salary in one lump sum? ...Don't eff up!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 02:16:00 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Aren't they basically the same thing?
Not really, lard is more generic and mostly flavorless, bacon drippings are full of bacon goodness!
But both are rendered pig fat.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 02:17:20 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Aren't they basically the same thing?
Not really, lard is more generic and mostly flavorless, bacon drippings are full of bacon goodness!
Don't worry Raz they are both likely banned in WA.
No, and they won't be.  Too many Latinos here to allow that. They know that you can't have great tortillas and beans without pig fat.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 02:19:19 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Aren't they basically the same thing?
Not really, lard is more generic and mostly flavorless, bacon drippings are full of bacon goodness!
But both are rendered pig fat.

Did you watch the YouTube earlier? It explains everything. Haha
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 02:19:21 PM
100 degrees and the heat index/feels like is a moderate 113 degrees.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 02:21:47 PM
100 degrees and the heat index/feels like is a moderate 113 degrees.

Speaking of which... when do they fix your AC?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 02:23:44 PM
100 degrees and the heat index/feels like is a moderate 113 degrees.

Speaking of which... when do they fix your AC?
Speaking of that they can't get there until Monday.  Bright side is the bedroom side AC is working so we can live there I guess.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 16, 2016, 02:24:05 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have a heap of golf to watch tomorrow with these delays. Might need to bring my rubbers, too! Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 02:26:51 PM
Mid-day report

Market has turned around, now +24 points and rising
Sheesh, now it has turned back south and -9 points
And now +52 points @ 17,692
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 02:27:24 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Aren't they basically the same thing?
Not really, lard is more generic and mostly flavorless, bacon drippings are full of bacon goodness!
But both are rendered pig fat.

Did you watch the YouTube earlier? It explains everything. Haha
Can't watch the video right now. I'll check it out when I can.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 02:27:29 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have a heap of golf to watch tomorrow with these delays. Might need to bring my rubbers, too! Hazzuh!
Later GolfWatcher enjoy the long weekend.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 02:29:41 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Aren't they basically the same thing?
Not really, lard is more generic and mostly flavorless, bacon drippings are full of bacon goodness!
But both are rendered pig fat.
Yum Yum, when I get to SC I can once again go in a restaurant and enjoy some Fried Fatback - excellent for the blood pressure diet as it lubes up the arteries for smoother flow.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 02:30:51 PM
Afternoon BS

Fat free frijoles... they must be extra pastey. Healthy choices are tough. Well, not the choice so much as the eating part. lol

The warden gets the vegetarian ones occasionally. Some aren't too bad.   :-
Just add a bunch of salsa and it makes them much more tolerable, I actually kind of like them but I do prefer the "no fat" over the "vegetarian".

Need a little oil, even if it is vegetable. Obviously, the best are Frijoles Refritos made with bacon drippings. But what doesn't bacon make better. It's probably the most perfect food there is. lol
Or at least lard.
Aren't they basically the same thing?
Not really, lard is more generic and mostly flavorless, bacon drippings are full of bacon goodness!
Lard be all fat.  Bacon be pork belly that has been cured/smoked with some pig meat in it.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 02:32:06 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have a heap of golf to watch tomorrow with these delays. Might need to bring my rubbers, too! Hazzuh!

See ya, Golf... guard those nuts tonight
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 02:49:18 PM
100 degrees and the heat index/feels like is a moderate 113 degrees.
102/117 now
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 02:57:57 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have a heap of golf to watch tomorrow with these delays. Might need to bring my rubbers, too! Hazzuh!
Huzzah!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 03:16:56 PM
For your reading pleasure...

Lard can be obtained from any part of the pig where there is a high concentration of fatty tissue. The highest grade of lard, known as leaf lard, is obtained from the "flare" visceral fat deposit surrounding the kidneys and inside the loin. Leaf lard has little pork flavor, making it ideal for use in baked goods, where it is valued for its ability to produce flaky, moist pie crusts. The next-highest grade is obtained from fatback, the hard subcutaneous fat between the back skin and muscle of the pig. The lowest grade (for purposes of rendering into lard) is obtained from the soft caul fat surrounding digestive organs, such as small intestines, though caul fat is often used directly as a wrapping for roasting lean meats or in the manufacture of pâtés.

Lard may be rendered by either of two processes: wet or dry. In wet rendering, pig fat is boiled in water or steamed at a high temperature and the lard, which is insoluble in water, is skimmed off the surface of the mixture, or it is separated in an industrial centrifuge. In dry rendering, the fat is exposed to high heat in a pan or oven without the presence of water (a process similar to frying bacon). The two processes yield somewhat differing products. Wet-rendered lard has a more neutral flavor, a lighter color, and a high smoke point. Dry-rendered lard is somewhat more browned in color and flavor and has a lower smoke point. Rendered lard produces an unpleasant smell when mixed with oxygen.

Industrially-produced lard, including much of the lard sold in supermarkets, is rendered from a mixture of high- and low-quality fat sourced from throughout the pig. Lard is often hydrogenated to improve its stability at room temperature. Hydrogenated lard sold to consumers typically contains fewer than 0.5 g of transfats per 13 g serving. Lard is also often treated with bleaching and deodorizing agents, emulsifiers, and antioxidants such as BHT. These treatments make it more consistent and prevent spoilage. (Untreated lard must be refrigerated or frozen to prevent rancidity.)

Consumers seeking a higher-quality source of lard typically seek out artisanal producers of rendered lard, or render it themselves from leaf lard or fatback.

A by-product of dry-rendering lard is deep-fried meat, skin and membrane tissue known as cracklings.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 03:18:43 PM
[...]

Damn, we be smart now!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 03:20:35 PM
Next week... Oleo
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 03:23:26 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 03:26:55 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

The Tito's is already "in-stock" I take it.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 03:27:51 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

The Tito's is already "in-stock" I take it.
Always!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 03:28:53 PM
Today's Ambulance run number 7 at the shelter now.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 03:30:27 PM
[...]

Artisanal lard?  You gotta be kidding me.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 03:32:38 PM
[...]

Fru-fru lard  ;)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 03:34:48 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 03:35:37 PM
Fired coach Art Briles accusing Baylor of wrongful termination

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Fired-coach-Art-Briles-accusing-Baylor-of-8239227.php

Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 03:41:38 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 03:47:19 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 03:48:28 PM
[...]

Indeed!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 03:51:16 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
You should really hit on the AB 90+ rated 2nds on the weekly special - 20/$30 Corona's.  83% Savings!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 03:57:15 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
You should really hit on the AB 90+ rated 2nds on the weekly special - 20/$30 Corona's.  83% Savings!

Honestly, I'd probably do that before the 5 Vegas option. Maybe even the Gran Habano 3 Siglos SLS, but alas, I caved on the box of 11/18 Cuarenta's on the bid site last night. 25/$76  ;)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 03:58:26 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
You should really hit on the AB 90+ rated 2nds on the weekly special - 20/$30 Corona's.  83% Savings!

Honestly, I'd probably do that before the 5 Vegas option. Maybe even the Gran Habano 3 Siglos SLS, but alas, I caved on the box of Cuarenta's on the bid site last night. 25/$76  ;)
Good move there, I gave it some thought but I got enough cigars for life and then some.

I am trying to hit a nice used high end cabinet humidor.  Frik'n had a beautiful J.C. Pendergast on the radar and fooled around too long trying to deal the guy down too much and missed it.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 04:01:37 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
You should really hit on the AB 90+ rated 2nds on the weekly special - 20/$30 Corona's.  83% Savings!

Honestly, I'd probably do that before the 5 Vegas option. Maybe even the Gran Habano 3 Siglos SLS, but alas, I caved on the box of Cuarenta's on the bid site last night. 25/$76  ;)
Good move there, I gave it some thought but I got enough cigars for life and then some.

I am trying to hit a nice used high end cabinet humidor.  Frik'n had a beautiful J.C. Pendergast on the radar and fooled around too long trying to deal the guy down too much and missed it.

But not enough Short Stories, I hear. There's always something... AmIRight?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 04:02:30 PM
Markets Closed

DOW rallied late in the day closing +93 @ 17,733
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 04:03:34 PM
[...]

That is correct, kind of like Ammo can't have too much of some things and short stories are one of them.  I have 2 boxes in the retirement tubs but down to only one cigar in my current use humi.  My favorite cigar for morning reading.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 04:05:26 PM
[...]

Where did you see that Pendergast? CraigsList?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 04:05:57 PM
Time to fly like a bird and get the f out of here.

Later Gents.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 04:07:44 PM
[...]

Yeah, it was here in town just a few miles from my house.  Older one but perfect condition, $7000 new and guy wanted $2000 so offered him $1200 then went to $1500 and thought I could wait him out.  It had been for sale for a good while and it sold a week or so after the $1500 offer.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on June 16, 2016, 04:07:46 PM
[...]

smoke the cigar, what fun is reading the label.
going downstairs, got to take an antibiotic and a pain pill. 8)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 04:10:02 PM
Time to fly like a bird and get the f out of here.

Later Gents.

See ya, Dave
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 04:11:54 PM
[...]

Evening, OralSurgeryFlip. You been laid up most of the day?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on June 16, 2016, 04:40:43 PM
Quitting time... later, boys
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 04:45:23 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
You should really hit on the AB 90+ rated 2nds on the weekly special - 20/$30 Corona's.  83% Savings!
How could they be called seconds and still be 90+ rated...whole bunch o oxymorons there.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 04:46:11 PM
Markets Closed

DOW rallied late in the day closing +93 @ 17,733
Really was all over the place today!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 04:46:47 PM
Have a good one Steve.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 05:00:06 PM
[...]

Sheesh, and you guys keep calling ME the professor.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 05:02:44 PM
Fired coach Art Briles accusing Baylor of wrongful termination

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Fired-coach-Art-Briles-accusing-Baylor-of-8239227.php
Yea, but there's this as well:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16234797/three-more-women-sue-baylor-bears-reaction-rape-allegations
Bottom like is those Baylor folks are going to be paying a whole lot!
Total friggin' shitshow no matter how you look at it.

Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 05:03:32 PM
[...]

There just hadn't been applications for their areas of expertise before now.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 05:20:36 PM
Uh oh, end of the work day lull....Bean and Raz should still be here.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on June 16, 2016, 05:50:29 PM
For camel rides in the desert
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 05:55:17 PM
FdLA Robusto lit with Tito's & Sparkling water.  Chit it is hot here!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 06:02:35 PM
I got to stop and get some sparkling water on the way home, going to be real warm on the patio today.

Don't forget to cart your 5 Vegas Limitada '15's before you leave... sheesh
Hard to resist at a 50% savings.

I know, right. Practically pre-FDA pricing.
You should really hit on the AB 90+ rated 2nds on the weekly special - 20/$30 Corona's.  83% Savings!

Honestly, I'd probably do that before the 5 Vegas option. Maybe even the Gran Habano 3 Siglos SLS, but alas, I caved on the box of Cuarenta's on the bid site last night. 25/$76  ;)
Good move there, I gave it some thought but I got enough cigars for life and then some.

I am trying to hit a nice used high end cabinet humidor.  Frik'n had a beautiful J.C. Pendergast on the radar and fooled around too long trying to deal the guy down too much and missed it.
Foo-foo humi.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 06:02:38 PM
I will be very surprised if we have more than a few shreds of a 2nd amendment by the 4th of July.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 06:04:43 PM
Decent deal jamming on Unholy Cocktails 10/$30
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 06:11:48 PM
Fired coach Art Briles accusing Baylor of wrongful termination

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Fired-coach-Art-Briles-accusing-Baylor-of-8239227.php
Yea, but there's this as well:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16234797/three-more-women-sue-baylor-bears-reaction-rape-allegations
Bottom like is those Baylor folks are going to be paying a whole lot!
Total friggin' shitshow no matter how you look at it.
Oh yeah, when the chit starts flowing in court all hell is going to break loose.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 06:34:38 PM
100 degrees and the heat index/feels like is a moderate 113 degrees.
102/117 now
Aren't those un-AC temps going to impact your retirement tupperdors?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 06:35:52 PM
Fired coach Art Briles accusing Baylor of wrongful termination

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Fired-coach-Art-Briles-accusing-Baylor-of-8239227.php
Yea, but there's this as well:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16234797/three-more-women-sue-baylor-bears-reaction-rape-allegations
Bottom like is those Baylor folks are going to be paying a whole lot!
Total friggin' shitshow no matter how you look at it.
Oh yeah, when the chit starts flowing in court all hell is going to break loose.
Baptists gonna be receivin' that hell they usually promise others.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 06:36:23 PM
100 degrees and the heat index/feels like is a moderate 113 degrees.
102/117 now
Aren't those un-AC temps going to impact your retirement tupperdors?
Good thinking, the Bedroom side is working and I moved them back there last night.  Plenty Cool there.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 06:37:08 PM
Fired coach Art Briles accusing Baylor of wrongful termination

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Fired-coach-Art-Briles-accusing-Baylor-of-8239227.php
Yea, but there's this as well:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16234797/three-more-women-sue-baylor-bears-reaction-rape-allegations
Bottom like is those Baylor folks are going to be paying a whole lot!
Total friggin' shitshow no matter how you look at it.
Oh yeah, when the chit starts flowing in court all hell is going to break loose.
Baptists gonna be receivin' that hell they usually promise others.
We don't judge here but sure seems like a possibility.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 06:42:38 PM
I'll be in Austin Monday and Tuesday, heading up to Granbury Wednesday.  Let me know if you have a preference.  Not sure if Bean will be available or not.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 06:47:36 PM
I'll be in Austin Monday and Tuesday, heading up to Granbury Wednesday.  Let me know if you have a preference.  Not sure if Bean will be available or not.
Probably Tuesday would be better but I can do either if needed.

You staying in your usual area?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 06:56:51 PM
Yea, Marriott 35 and Parmer Lane.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:07:35 PM
Yea, Marriott 35 and Parmer Lane.
I have not been to this place but much easier to get to than Dowtown from where you are and for Bean if he can join in.  I can take care of the BYOB's.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/habana-house-cigar-lounge-austin-2

Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 16, 2016, 07:14:14 PM
Yea, Marriott 35 and Parmer Lane.
I have not been to this place but much easier to get to than Dowtown from where you are and for Bean if he can join in.  I can take care of the BYOB's.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/habana-house-cigar-lounge-austin-2
Sure, willing to give it a try.  We'll talk later.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 07:18:27 PM
Yea, Marriott 35 and Parmer Lane.
I have not been to this place but much easier to get to than Dowtown from where you are and for Bean if he can join in.  I can take care of the BYOB's.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/habana-house-cigar-lounge-austin-2
Sure, willing to give it a try.  We'll talk later.
OK
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: razgueado on June 16, 2016, 07:23:43 PM
Uh oh, end of the work day lull....Bean and Raz should still be here.
Yeah, I've been in and out.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 07:45:40 PM
Uh oh, end of the work day lull....Bean and Raz should still be here.
Yeah, I've been in and out.
TWHS
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 09:16:14 PM
Muthafk'r
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/IMG_20160616_150114083_HDR1.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 09:17:47 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:19:46 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
Ain't that some shit!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 09:23:34 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
Ain't that some shit!
Indeed.  I was in the passenger seat.  First time I've been in a vehicle when the air bags deployed.  That's some surreal schitt.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 16, 2016, 09:26:56 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
Ain't that some shit!
Indeed.  I was in the passenger seat.  First time I've been in a vehicle when the air bags deployed.  That's some surreal schitt.
I have fortunately not been either but I have seen plenty of crash test videos with them and they are impressive.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 09:48:06 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
That your truck?  Say it ain't so!
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 09:50:07 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
Ain't that some shit!
Indeed.  I was in the passenger seat.  First time I've been in a vehicle when the air bags deployed.  That's some surreal schitt.
Kids were out driving the family car, hit a slick spot and took out a tree.  Colin says he never wants to smell deployed airbags ever again.  Weird smell to be sure.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 10:39:45 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
That your truck?  Say it ain't so!
Yep. One of them. Company vehicle, but sucks just as bad.  Can't wait to see what the other guy's insurance comes up with.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 10:40:58 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
Ain't that some shit!
Indeed.  I was in the passenger seat.  First time I've been in a vehicle when the air bags deployed.  That's some surreal schitt.
Kids were out driving the family car, hit a slick spot and took out a tree.  Colin says he never wants to smell deployed airbags ever again.  Weird smell to be sure.
It was weird. Smokey, smelly, the deflated bags just lying there all spent and flaccid.  (TWSS)
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 10:50:05 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
Sorry to hear it (see it), brother.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 16, 2016, 11:17:23 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
That your truck?  Say it ain't so!
Yep. One of them. Company vehicle, but sucks just as bad.  Can't wait to see what the other guy's insurance comes up with.
What's important is no one was injuried.  Hope no whiplash.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 11:25:02 PM
Holy shit, I completely forgot we were jamming. I like these Asylum 13 too.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 11:29:36 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
That your truck?  Say it ain't so!
Yep. One of them. Company vehicle, but sucks just as bad.  Can't wait to see what the other guy's insurance comes up with.
What's important is no one was injuried.  Hope no whiplash.
Gave me an appreciation for the design of modern vehicles to keep their occupants safe. Everyone walked away.
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 16, 2016, 11:58:08 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
That your truck?  Say it ain't so!
Yep. One of them. Company vehicle, but sucks just as bad.  Can't wait to see what the other guy's insurance comes up with.
What's important is no one was injuried.  Hope no whiplash.
Gave me an appreciation for the design of modern vehicles to keep their occupants safe. Everyone walked away.
You weren't lugging crown moulding in the back,  were you?
Title: Re: 6/16/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 16, 2016, 11:59:49 PM
Dumbass kid ran a red light and turned south into one-way northbound traffic. Guess who was there to meet him?  I wasn't driving, and luckily no one hurt.  But there goes a perfectly good pickup truck.
That your truck?  Say it ain't so!
Yep. One of them. Company vehicle, but sucks just as bad.  Can't wait to see what the other guy's insurance comes up with.
What's important is no one was injuried.  Hope no whiplash.
Gave me an appreciation for the design of modern vehicles to keep their occupants safe. Everyone walked away.
You weren't lugging crown moulding in the back,  were you?
Damn, why didn't I think of that. "Sorry, dear, the crown molding was in the truck when it was towed away'.