CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 23, 2016, 12:00:07 AM

Title: 1/23/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on January 23, 2016, 12:00:07 AM
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 23, 2016, 12:02:20 AM
I've got the martinis flowing.
i recall having a few and thinking I was fine, till I decided to stand up. I recomend one remain seated when drinking martinis
Precisely what I'm planning. I'm on my 2nd and last one for the evening.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 23, 2016, 12:09:44 AM
Oooooh, a blizzard jambalaya!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: sfish on January 23, 2016, 12:28:35 AM
Oooooh, a blizzard jambalaya!
Snow's coming down, watching an Entourage marathon and the Mets just signed Cespedes
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 23, 2016, 01:09:58 AM
Oooooh, a blizzard jambalaya!
A Blizzard of Deals as only Joe can deliver!  Let it snow them deals!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:22:27 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:50:42 AM

Today is Saturday, Jan. 23, the 23rd day of 2016. There are 343 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:52:29 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 23, 1516, King Ferdinand II of Aragon, who with his late queen consort, Isabella of Castile, sponsored the first voyage of Christopher Columbus in 1492, died in Madrigalejo, Spain.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:53:05 AM

On this date:
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:54:11 AM
In 1789, Georgetown University was established in present-day Washington, D.C.

Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:54:46 AM

In 1845, Congress decided all national elections would be held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:55:27 AM
In 1933, the 20th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, the so-called "Lame Duck Amendment," was ratified as Missouri approved it.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:56:11 AM

In 1944, Norwegian painter Edvard Munch ("The Scream") died near Oslo at age 80.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:56:48 AM
In 1950, the Israeli Knesset approved a resolution affirming
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:57:23 AM

In 1960, the U.S. Navy-operated bathyscaphe (BATH'-ih-skahf) Trieste carried two men to the deepest known point in the Pacific Ocean, reaching a depth of more than 35,000 feet.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:58:02 AM

In 1964, the 24th Amendment to the United States Constitution, eliminating the poll tax in federal elections, was ratified as South Dakota became the 38th state to endorse it.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 03:58:45 AM
In 1968, North Korea seized the Navy intelligence ship USS Pueblo, charging its crew with being on a spying
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:00:16 AM
In 1973, President Richard Nixon announced an accord had been reached to end the Vietnam War, and would be formally signed four days later in Paris.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:01:27 AM
In 1989, surrealist artist Salvador Dali died in his native
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:02:05 AM
In 1995, the Supreme Court, in McKennon vs. Nashville Banner Publishing Co., ruled that companies accused of firing employees illegally could not escape liability by later finding a lawful reason to
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:03:02 AM
In 2005, former "Tonight Show" host Johnny Carson died in Los Angeles at age 79.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:03:49 AM

Ten years ago: Ford Motor Co. said it would cut up to 30,000 jobs and idle 14 facilities in North America by 2012. A U.S. military jury at Fort Carson, Colorado, ordered a reprimand, but no jail time, for Chief Warrant Officer Lewis Welshofer Jr., an Army interrogator convicted of killing an Iraqi general. Stephen Harper and his Conservative Party won Canada's national elections, ending 13 years of Liberal rule.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:04:35 AM

Five years ago: Allies and adversaries of President Hugo Chavez took to the streets of Caracas by the thousands, staging rival demonstrations to commemorate the 53rd anniversary of Venezuela's democracy. Fitness guru Jack LaLanne died in Morro Bay, California, at age 96. The Pittsburgh Steelers advanced to their third Super Bowl in six years with a 24-19 victory over the New York Jets to win the AFC championship. The Green Bay Packers defeated the Chicago Bears, 21-14, in the NFC championship game.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:05:08 AM

One year ago: King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, 90, the powerful U.S. ally who'd fought against al-Qaida and sought to modernize the ultraconservative Muslim kingdom, died in Riyadh. Chicago Cubs Hall of Famer Ernie Banks, 83, died. Roger Federer was ousted from the Australian Open in the third round, beaten by Andreas Seppi 6-4, 7-6 (5), 4-6, 7-6 (5).
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:05:47 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Jeanne Moreau is 88. Actress Chita Rivera is 83. Actor-director Lou Antonio is 82. Jazz musician Gary Burton is 73. Actor Gil Gerard is 73. Actor Rutger Hauer is 72. Rhythm-and-blues singer Jerry Lawson is 72. Sen. Thomas R. Carper, D-Del., is 69. Singer Anita Pointer is 68. Actor Richard Dean Anderson is 66. Rock musician Bill Cunningham is 66. Rock singer Robin Zander (Cheap Trick) is 63. Former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa (vee-yah-ry-GOH'-sah) is 63. Princess Caroline of Monaco is 59. Singer Anita Baker is 58. Reggae musician Earl Falconer (UB40) is 57. Actress Gail O'Grady is 53. Actress Mariska Hargitay is 52. Rhythm-and-blues singer Marc Nelson is 45. Actress Tiffani Thiessen is 42. Rock musician Nick Harmer (Death Cab for Cutie) is 41. Christian rock musician Nick DePartee (Kutless) is 31. Singer-actress Rachel Crow is 18.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:06:28 AM
Thought for Today: "It's not what you are, it's what you don't become that hurts." — Oscar Levant, pianist-composer-actor (1906-1972).
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 23, 2016, 04:07:48 AM
-----------------------
A Woman Knows
-------------------------

A women accompanied her husband to the doctor's
office. After his checkup, the doctor called
the wife into his office alone. He said, "If
you don't do the following, your husband will
surely die:

1. Each morning , fix him a healthy breakfast.

2. Be pleasant and make sure he is in a good
mood.

3. For lunch, make him a nutritious meal.

4. For dinner, prepare him an especially nice
meal.

5. Don't burden him with chores as he probably
had a hard day.

6. Don't discuss your problems with him.

On the way home, the husband asked his wife
what the doctor said to her. "You're going to
die," she replied.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 05:48:39 AM
Morning LSU
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 06:08:52 AM
34 here now but clear and no wind so not too bad.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 06:56:40 AM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 06:57:03 AM
Morning Chip and SleepinInDave.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 07:03:39 AM
Sleepin in?  Hell I got up at 4:30!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 07:03:59 AM
Morning Snow Bunny Dave
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 07:18:15 AM
Morning Snow Bunny Dave
It's not pleasant out there....!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 07:21:57 AM
Morning Snow Bunny Dave
It's not pleasant out there....!
Maybe you should update your message to Winter is here!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 07:27:59 AM
Morning Snow Bunny Dave
It's not pleasant out there....!
Maybe you should update your message to Winter is here!
True, but then it's not an accurate quote from Game of Thrones...
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 07:31:15 AM
Diesel Uncut's are moving pretty fast.  I put some in the cart for FS use, got several items in my cart to get before the 20 off runs out.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 07:32:54 AM
Morning Snow Bunny Dave
It's not pleasant out there....!
Maybe you should update your message to Winter is here!
True, but then it's not an accurate quote from Game of Thrones...
Like that matters ::)

Summer is coming here IF the 7-day weather forecast is close to right - 80 degrees next weekend.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 07:33:38 AM
40 MPH winds are making this interesting...snow is mostly sideways except when it's going in every direction at once.  Over three feet in some areas, ground uncovered in others.  Gonna be a while before I venture out and attempt to clear any of this.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 07:35:59 AM
40 MPH winds are making this interesting...snow is mostly sideways except when it's going in every direction at once.  Over three feet in some areas, ground uncovered in others.  Gonna be a while before I venture out and attempt to clear any of this.
Definitely inside weather but we can send our City snow resources up to help if needed.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 07:41:43 AM
Morning Snow Bunny Dave
It's not pleasant out there....!
Maybe you should update your message to Winter is here!
True, but then it's not an accurate quote from Game of Thrones...
Like that matters ::)

Summer is coming here IF the 7-day weather forecast is close to right - 80 degrees next weekend.
OK, is this better?
Oh, BTW....her name is Winter...
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 07:45:54 AM
40 MPH winds are making this interesting...snow is mostly sideways except when it's going in every direction at once.  Over three feet in some areas, ground uncovered in others.  Gonna be a while before I venture out and attempt to clear any of this.
Definitely inside weather but we can send our City snow resources up to help if needed.
Much appreciated, but I believe my snow thrower is bigger than that thing.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 07:49:39 AM
Diesel Uncut's are moving pretty fast.  I put some in the cart for FS use, got several items in my cart to get before the 20 off runs out.
I like these Connies better than the original Uncuts (although they're not bad either)
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 07:53:19 AM
Diesel Uncut's are moving pretty fast.  I put some in the cart for FS use, got several items in my cart to get before the 20 off runs out.
I like these Connies better than the original Uncuts (although they're not bad either)
Have not tried the connies yet so will be something new for me.

Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:11:01 AM
40 MPH winds are making this interesting...snow is mostly sideways except when it's going in every direction at once.  Over three feet in some areas, ground uncovered in others.  Gonna be a while before I venture out and attempt to clear any of this.
Definitely inside weather but we can send our City snow resources up to help if needed.
Much appreciated, but I believe my snow thrower is bigger than that thing.
Looks like a fair amount of snow in the upstate.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 08:42:43 AM
40 MPH winds are making this interesting...snow is mostly sideways except when it's going in every direction at once.  Over three feet in some areas, ground uncovered in others.  Gonna be a while before I venture out and attempt to clear any of this.
Definitely inside weather but we can send our City snow resources up to help if needed.
Much appreciated, but I believe my snow thrower is bigger than that thing.
Looks like a fair amount of snow in the upstate.
Just looks like an inch or so...
http://www.clemson.edu/webcams/
...back into the 50's for Monday and Tuesday.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:45:12 AM
40 MPH winds are making this interesting...snow is mostly sideways except when it's going in every direction at once.  Over three feet in some areas, ground uncovered in others.  Gonna be a while before I venture out and attempt to clear any of this.
Definitely inside weather but we can send our City snow resources up to help if needed.
Much appreciated, but I believe my snow thrower is bigger than that thing.
Looks like a fair amount of snow in the upstate.
Just looks like an inch or so...
http://www.clemson.edu/webcams/
...back into the 50's for Monday and Tuesday.
Looked like it gets heavier as you go towards Charlotte.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:46:14 AM
601 Blues Jamming and they are not finding much love at all.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:46:45 AM
Be a great day for a SCORTCHER!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 09:02:31 AM
I pronounce The Page as officially gone to hell in a hand basket!

AMERICAN LEGION & BLANCO CIGARS 40+% OFF….great cigars for a great cause
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 09:05:35 AM
But instead...
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 09:06:32 AM
I pronounce The Page as officially gone to hell in a hand basket!

AMERICAN LEGION & BLANCO CIGARS 40+% OFF….great cigars for a great cause
I would say Blanco Nines are a nice cigar....but not box nice.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 09:14:01 AM
As I said before, I think they phone it in on the weekends.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 09:37:19 AM
40 MPH winds are making this interesting...snow is mostly sideways except when it's going in every direction at once.  Over three feet in some areas, ground uncovered in others.  Gonna be a while before I venture out and attempt to clear any of this.
Definitely inside weather but we can send our City snow resources up to help if needed.
Much appreciated, but I believe my snow thrower is bigger than that thing.
Looks like a fair amount of snow in the upstate.
Just looks like an inch or so...
http://www.clemson.edu/webcams/
...back into the 50's for Monday and Tuesday.
Looked like it gets heavier as you go towards Charlotte.
Yes, north and west.  More than they can deal with in any case.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 09:37:31 AM
As I said before, I think they phone it in on the weekends.
Quite possible.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 09:56:16 AM
41° feels like 31° with the wind. warming back up tomorrow when Jonas moves on. still better than NY.
EPC 2nd corona and coffee.

good morning guys.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 09:58:26 AM
-----------------------

On the way home, the husband asked his wife
what the doctor said to her. "You're going to
die," she replied.

typical wife.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 10:10:52 AM
41° feels like 31° with the wind. warming back up tomorrow when Jonas moves on. still better than NY.
EPC 2nd corona and coffee.

good morning guys.
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 10:20:35 AM
41° feels like 31° with the wind. warming back up tomorrow when Jonas moves on. still better than NY.
EPC 2nd corona and coffee.

good morning guys.
Morning Dean
you get your fence finished Dave?
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 10:34:13 AM
41° feels like 31° with the wind. warming back up tomorrow when Jonas moves on. still better than NY.
EPC 2nd corona and coffee.

good morning guys.
Morning Dean
you get your fence finished Dave?
Wanted to do that yesterday but too damn cold and probably too cold today but tomorrow looks promising.  I can finish in one day.  32 degrees here now.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 23, 2016, 10:54:41 AM
Good morning early birds...
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 10:54:57 AM
Morning FrostyPalmTreesDean.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 10:55:24 AM
Morning NewToyDad.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 10:56:20 AM
Yum, tent stakes!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 11:03:46 AM
Time to get moving around and walk the dogs.  Going to travel around and find some good lunch in the Hill Country.

Beautiful day just cold.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 11:05:11 AM
Morning TVDad
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 23, 2016, 11:12:04 AM
Morning NewToyDad.
Good morning Dave.  It used to be fun to get new toys, but now it feels like going back to school, learning, and being tested on what your learn.  It sort of scares me to think about what it's going to be like in 10 more years.  Such as, how do you get a self driving car to drive itself...?  On with yourself...?  Aaaa, I can see you can drive by yourself, "but where am I going...?"
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 11:16:34 AM
Morning NewToyDad.
Good morning Dave.  It used to be fun to get new toys, but now it feels like going back to school, learning, and being tested on what your learn.  It sort of scares me to think about what it's going to be like in 10 more years.  Such as, how do you get a self driving car to drive itself...?  On with yourself...?  Aaaa, I can see you can drive by yourself, "but where am I going...?"
But with self driving cars, will drinking and driving still be an issue?
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 11:17:12 AM
Despite all the controller issues and options, you happy with your new TV?
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 23, 2016, 11:18:00 AM
Morning TVDad
Good morning TR.....  I hear it's a little chili in Texas today...
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 23, 2016, 11:23:12 AM
Despite all the controller issues and options, you happy with your new TV?
Well, I think it was worth the $999.  So far the only problem I've had is, "I was watching a program with allot of camera movement, such as an amateur  style video, and it makes me sort of dizzy."  But it has a custom sizing (I think) feature, so I could always shrink the picture down if I need too.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 23, 2016, 11:35:31 AM
Morning NewToyDad.
Good morning Dave.  It used to be fun to get new toys, but now it feels like going back to school, learning, and being tested on what your learn.  It sort of scares me to think about what it's going to be like in 10 more years.  Such as, how do you get a self driving car to drive itself...?  On with yourself...?  Aaaa, I can see you can drive by yourself, "but where am I going...?"
But with self driving cars, will drinking and driving still be an issue?
I'm afraid the car may come with moral features.  Such as, "Take me to the cigar store."  Cigars are bad for your health, please pick another destination.  Then take me to the bar.  I'm sorry, your health provider will not confirm alcohol with your current medication.  Take me to the strip club..!  The new mayoral candidate wishes to keep strip clubs in the city of Belleville.  Please insert $25 to his campaign fund to start the car.  And on Sundays, "there's a church..., there's another church, church ahead, you passed another church..!"
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 23, 2016, 11:51:54 AM
I ordered some cigars on the 14th, and they have been sitting in Hazelwood, Mo. Post Office for 5 days.  They finally left last night and made it to Belleville (about 20 miles from Hazelwood), this morning in time to go out today. Now let's see if they finally get here..?
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 23, 2016, 12:28:19 PM
I ordered some cigars on the 14th, and they have been sitting in Hazelwood, Mo. Post Office for 5 days.  They finally left last night and made it to Belleville (about 20 miles from Hazelwood), this morning in time to go out today. Now let's see if they finally get here..?
Well, my cigars came today.  Room 101 El Mas Chinon #1 4 1/2 x 60.  I had received a free one of these in one of my orders, and it tunneled so bad I couldn't smoke it.  But I really liked the flavor.  So, I thought I'd give them another chance.  I got them on the monster for $16.98.  I'm not a fan of 60 ring gauges, but I do like the Nub Maduro (the only NUB I like thou).  So I think I can handle a 60 every once in awhile, even if I am a lightweight.  Geez, I'm so tempted to try one right off the truck, but I hardly ever have any luck with that.  So, let's see how long I can wait.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 23, 2016, 01:09:17 PM
Happy day, folks. Tough day for painters.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 01:45:35 PM
Good afternoon.  You folks in the NE must be hunkered down.  Had to happen on a Saturday and not a stay-home-from-work day, eh?
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 01:46:40 PM
Happy day, folks. Tough day for painters.
I'll take unfathomable banter posts for $200, Alex.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: sfish on January 23, 2016, 02:10:00 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 23, 2016, 02:43:08 PM
Happy day, folks. Tough day for painters.
I'll take unfathomable banter posts for $200, Alex.
According to Chip's facts, both Munch and Dali died on this day.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 23, 2016, 02:44:35 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
It's so damn windy I can't really tell what's happened outside because I can't see through the windows. I'll have to open the door eventually. Not now though.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 02:57:23 PM
lady friend has been a COLD BITCH since last night. her two grandsons spent the night and she's pissed because she slept on the couch (she didn't think it proper we sleep together) and I didn't offer my bed.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 03:07:50 PM
Happy day, folks. Tough day for painters.
I'll take unfathomable banter posts for $200, Alex.
According to Chip's facts, both Munch and Dali died on this day.
Oh, got it.  I skipped over the fun history facts this morning, only read the birthdays and joke.  My bad.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: sfish on January 23, 2016, 03:08:12 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
It's so damn windy I can't really tell what's happened outside because I can't see through the windows. I'll have to open the door eventually. Not now though.
Went out earlier with the kids and Nacho (he loves it), we have a good 2 feet at this point
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 03:09:15 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 03:10:51 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
It's so damn windy I can't really tell what's happened outside because I can't see through the windows. I'll have to open the door eventually. Not now though.
Went out earlier with the kids and Nacho (he loves it), we have a good 2 feet at this point
Snow was made for dogs and kids.  And ski slopes, which are really just the excuse for après-ski.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: sfish on January 23, 2016, 03:18:27 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 03:21:56 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
Go for it.  Had an Oval earlier with coffee and now have a 601 Greenie corona going.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 23, 2016, 03:29:59 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
It's so damn windy I can't really tell what's happened outside because I can't see through the windows. I'll have to open the door eventually. Not now though.
Went out earlier with the kids and Nacho (he loves it), we have a good 2 feet at this point
It appears to be about the same here.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 05:12:39 PM
Snowmaggedon lull.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 06:17:40 PM
Sunn and a cold 58 here ;D
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 06:19:30 PM
Went to New Braunfels for lunch the came back through the hill country making several brewery stops along the way.  And of course we stopped at Bucees where gas was $1.44/gallon.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 06:19:59 PM
Ah, a brown box in the mail!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 06:24:32 PM
Ah, a brown box in the mail!
CroMagnon Maduro's in the brown box now all but one in the retirement tub2.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 06:27:39 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 23, 2016, 06:29:24 PM
Went to New Braunfels for lunch the came back through the hill country making several brewery stops along the way.  And of course we stopped at Bucees where gas was $1.44/gallon.
Wow. Cheapest I've seen up here is $1.53.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 06:37:03 PM
Went to New Braunfels for lunch the came back through the hill country making several brewery stops along the way.  And of course we stopped at Bucees where gas was $1.44/gallon.
Wow. Cheapest I've seen up here is $1.53.
Hell it is $1.71 around here and $1.44 60 miles away.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: sfish on January 23, 2016, 06:55:01 PM
Ah, a brown box in the mail!
CroMagnon Maduro's in the brown box now all but one in the retirement tub2.
Can't wait to hear what you think
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 07:01:12 PM
Ah, a brown box in the mail!
CroMagnon Maduro's in the brown box now all but one in the retirement tub2.
Can't wait to hear what you think
Will let it rest a week and give it a try
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 07:58:12 PM
Went to New Braunfels for lunch the came back through the hill country making several brewery stops along the way.  And of course we stopped at Bucees where gas was $1.44/gallon.
But not stop at Tobacco Haus?
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 07:59:35 PM
Ah, a brown box in the mail!
CroMagnon Maduro's in the brown box now all but one in the retirement tub2.
Can't wait to hear what you think
You may need to put one or two more in the regular Humi.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 08:05:30 PM
Good afternoon.  You folks in the NE must be hunkered down.  Had to happen on a Saturday and not a stay-home-from-work day, eh?
Exactly, Thursday night going in to Friday would have been fine.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:07:03 PM
Went to New Braunfels for lunch the came back through the hill country making several brewery stops along the way.  And of course we stopped at Bucees where gas was $1.44/gallon.
But not stop at Tobacco Haus?
Warden ::)
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:07:47 PM
Ah, a brown box in the mail!
CroMagnon Maduro's in the brown box now all but one in the retirement tub2.
Can't wait to hear what you think
You may need to put one or two more in the regular Humi.
I can always transfer some. ;D
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 08:08:21 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:18:36 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
LOL sounds like a must-have-it
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:19:42 PM
I had one outside at the picnic table at the Twisted X brewery.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 08:27:13 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 08:27:59 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
(snow mound when garage door was opened about 8:00
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 08:28:37 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
(snow mound when garage door was opened about 8:00
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 08:32:21 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
LOL sounds like a must-have-it
:-X
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 08:33:52 PM
Going to be a fun week....getting up to the 40's during the day then teens at night, so skating rinks every morning.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 08:39:00 PM
Down the Jersey Shore, winds up to 75 mph and with full moon, storm surge and high tide flooding is worse than during Hurricane Sandy.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:46:30 PM
Going to be a fun week....getting up to the 40's during the day then teens at night, so skating rinks every morning.
Now that will create a major mess
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 08:46:52 PM
Down the Jersey Shore, winds up to 75 mph and with full moon, storm surge and high tide flooding is worse than during Hurricane Sandy.
Hurricane Snowy
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 23, 2016, 08:50:41 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
That's nuts!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 08:54:22 PM
Oliva O maduro robusto and coffee here. 45°, 40° real feel, dropping into high 20's. at least there's no snow.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 08:57:26 PM
CI Banter closed due to snow?
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 09:13:43 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 09:14:46 PM
Going to be a fun week....getting up to the 40's during the day then teens at night, so skating rinks every morning.
Sucks to be in Joisey right now. Make sure all that schitt is cleared up before I come up in six weeks or so.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 23, 2016, 09:17:44 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
Knuckledragger!
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 09:20:26 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 09:29:26 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
And his car is in the garage, so unless it warms up a lot very quickly, he's going to be ShovelinDave.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 09:32:26 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
Knuckledragger!
And you guys are slackin' with the setups.  I'm compelled to do it for myself...
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 23, 2016, 09:33:36 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
And his car is in the garage, so unless it warms up a lot very quickly, he's going to be ShovelinDave.
Never been able to make any sense out of shoveling snow ::).
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 23, 2016, 09:33:44 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
Need one of those big, horkin' self-proprelled 10 HP dual stage snow blowers.  Oh, with electric start too.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 09:46:12 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
And his car is in the garage, so unless it warms up a lot very quickly, he's going to be ShovelinDave.
Never been able to make any sense out of shoveling snow ::).
was never something I really enjoyed when it was wet and heavy, a good cardio workout though. got to make do with what you got when you can't afford a snow blower or to hire it out.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 09:53:07 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
Real hard to judge due to drifting, but looks like just shy of 2'.  You can see from my front steps where the one side is clear and well over 3' on the other side
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 09:54:41 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
Don't underestimate my snowblower.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 09:55:16 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
And his car is in the garage, so unless it warms up a lot very quickly, he's going to be ShovelinDave.
Concerns for tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 23, 2016, 09:57:08 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
And his car is in the garage, so unless it warms up a lot very quickly, he's going to be ShovelinDave.
Never been able to make any sense out of shoveling snow ::) .
was never something I really enjoyed when it was wet and heavy, a good cardio workout though. got to make do with what you got when you can't afford a snow blower or to hire it out.
Need to do you stretching exercises to get limbered up before you start.  Loosen that back up no matter how you move it.  We get plowed in every time so got no choice.  Gotta move it out of the way or wait until it all melts.  Always get our snow in storms rather than a gradual accumulation.  Finally broke down and got a snow blower before I broke down.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 09:57:10 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
Need one of those big, horkin' self-proprelled 10 HP dual stage snow blowers.  Oh, with electric start too.
He needs one of these.
(http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/kim-kardashian-snowblower-butt.gif)
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 09:57:41 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
Real hard to judge due to drifting, but looks like just shy of 2'.  You can see from my front steps where the one side is clear and well over 3' on the other side
I hate drifting snow.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 23, 2016, 09:58:30 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
Need one of those big, horkin' self-proprelled 10 HP dual stage snow blowers.  Oh, with electric start too.
Only 8.5 HP, but 6 forward and 2 reverse gears with electric start.   It'l do.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 10:00:04 PM
[...]
I moved south so I don't worry about shoveling snow. sledgehammer, pick, and shovel though seem to have made it into my hands instead.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 10:06:21 PM
[...]
For which you're often paid, so better.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 10:08:10 PM
Not going anywhere for a while
That certainly qualifies as a schittload of snow.  Sunny and mid-fifties here.
I'm tempted to burn one in the garage
I'm more than tempted, come join me.
Just like the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat...
Oh man, how deep is that?  Surely the wonder of it prompted you to pull out the tape measure.  (TWSS)
deeper than what his snowblower will get.
Need one of those big, horkin' self-proprelled 10 HP dual stage snow blowers.  Oh, with electric start too.
Only 8.5 HP, but 6 forward and 2 reverse gears with electric start.   It'l do.
Damn, you could ride that thing down to the corner store for a six-pack.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 10:22:01 PM
[...]
and paid VERY well indeed.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 23, 2016, 10:52:16 PM
I'm done for the night.
Title: Re: 1/23/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 23, 2016, 10:53:30 PM
I'm done for the night.
Later, Dean.  Enjoy your Sunday.