CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 14, 2015, 12:00:42 AM

Title: 7/14/2015
Post by: CigarBanter on July 14, 2015, 12:00:42 AM
It's Tuesday again!  In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 12:03:46 AM
Hi Tony, I wrote a response a couple hours ago and before I could post it, I accidentally hit one wrong key and it disappeared ... couldn't recover it ... anyways ... I had my rear brake pads and rotors replaced 1-2 months ago and when the guy told me it would be $450, I gasped ... I was expecting more in the neighborhood of what you paid ... $250 or so.  To make it worse, he failed to recognize a problem with the right rear caliper and it ended up wearing out the pad and ruining the new rotor ... after hearing these terrible scraping sounds, I called him ... and he said he was in his boat on the Chesapeake Bay for the weekend, but that I shouldn't drive the vehicle for fear of worse damage.   Aaaarrrgh ... so I went to a nearby mechanic that I had used before, and he was able to take me right away and check it out ... needed 2 new calipers and a new rotor and pads on that wheel ... $770 new dollars!
Ouch.  I'm sorry to hear all that.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on July 14, 2015, 02:14:14 AM
Lost power to part of Oxford.  About 1pm, the line happened to shorted out snapping into .  It fell down into the middle of the of our street sparking and smoking.  Got an area of Old Mile Square out including areas uptown to included multiple stop lights.  Some businesses closed as well.  Naturally our personal wi-fi is out and finally occurred to me the warden's iPad is on a data plan.  Only use it when we're traveling.  Sheesh! on me.   Flashlights, candles, and chem sticks.  We shall see what the daybreak brings.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:30:27 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:36:24 AM
Today is Tuesday, July 14, the 195th day of 2015. There are 170 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:37:21 AM
Highlight in History

On July 14, 1865, the Matterhorn, straddling Italy and Switzerland, was summited as a seven-member rope party led by British climber Edward Whymper reached the peak. (Four members of the party fell to their deaths during their descent; Whymper and two guides survived.)
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:37:47 AM
In 1789, in an event symbolizing the start of the French Revolution, citizens of Paris stormed the Bastille prison and released the seven prisoners inside.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:38:50 AM
In 1881, outlaw William H. Bonney Jr., alias "Billy the Kid," was shot and killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett in Fort Sumner in present-day New Mexico.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:39:36 AM
In 1913, Gerald Rudolph Ford Jr., the 38th president of the United States, was born Leslie Lynch King Jr. in Omaha, Nebraska.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:40:17 AM
In 1921, Italian-born anarchists Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were convicted in Dedham, Massachusetts, of murdering a shoe company paymaster and his guard. (Sacco and Vanzetti were executed six years later.)

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:40:51 AM
1933, all German political parties, except the Nazi Party, were outlawed. Cartoon character Popeye the Sailor made his movie debut in the Fleischer Studios animated short, "Popeye the Sailor."
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:41:31 AM
1943, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a measure providing funds for a national monument honoring scientist George Washington Carver; the monument was built at Carver's birthplace near Diamond, Missouri.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:42:02 AM
In 1958, the army of Iraq overthrew the monarchy.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:42:28 AM
In 1965, the American space probe Mariner 4 flew by Mars, sending back photographs of the red planet. United Nations Ambassador Adlai E. Stevenson II died in London at age 65.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:43:55 AM
In 1966, eight student nurses were murdered by Richard Speck in a Chicago dormitory.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:44:43 AM
In 1976, Jimmy Carter won the Democratic presidential nomination at the party's convention in New York.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:45:26 AM
In 1980, the Republican national convention opened in Detroit, where nominee-apparent Ronald Reagan told a welcoming rally he and his supporters were determined to "make America great again."

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:46:02 AM
In 1999, race-based school busing in Boston came to an end after 25 years.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:46:32 AM
Ten years ago: Chief U.S. Justice William H. Rehnquist, ending a two-day stay in the hospital, pledged to continue working as long as his health permitted. (Rehnquist died in September 2005.)

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:47:18 AM
Five years ago: An Iranian nuclear scientist who'd disappeared a year earlier headed back to Tehran, telling Iranian state media that he'd been abducted by CIA agents. (The U.S. said Shahram Amiri was a willing defector who'd changed his mind.)
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:47:52 AM
One year ago: Citigroup agreed to pay $7 billion to settle a federal investigation into its handling of risky subprime mortgages. The Church of England voted overwhelmingly in favor of allowing women to become bishops.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:48:35 AM
Thought for Today: "The willing contemplation of vice is vice." - Arabic proverb.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 02:49:22 AM
Three Envelopes
-------------------------

A new manager spends a week at his new office with the
manager he is replacing. On the last day the departing
manager tells him, "I have left three numbered envelopes in
the desk drawer. Open an envelope if you encounter a crisis
you can't solve."

Three months down the track there is major drama, everything
goes wrong - the usual stuff - and the manager feels very
threatened by it all.

He remembers the parting words of his predecessor and opens
the first envelope. The message inside says "Blame your
predecessor!" He does this and gets off the hook.

About half a year later, the company is experiencing a dip
in sales, combined with serious product problems. The
manager quickly opens the second envelope. The message read,
"Reorganize!" This he does, and the company quickly
rebounds.

Three months later, at his next crisis, he opens the third
envelope. The message inside says "Prepare three envelopes"
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 03:02:56 AM
Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 04:28:17 AM
Time for a sheesh since its Dave's day off.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 05:29:03 AM
Morning LSU.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 05:38:05 AM
Morning LSU.
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 06:36:07 AM
Morning Chip and Dave.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 06:39:55 AM
Morning Chip and Dave.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 06:40:55 AM
Slow start today I'm afraid.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 06:44:00 AM
Slow start today I'm afraid.
Everybidy sleeping in this morning.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 07:08:46 AM
Slow start today I'm afraid.
Everybidy sleeping in this morning.
Not me I am at work.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 07:09:02 AM
Morning Travellin Dave.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 07:09:39 AM
Dean and/or his penis must be having an intimate breakfast.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 07:48:26 AM
Dean and/or his penis must be having an intimate breakfast.
Just jealous....lol
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on July 14, 2015, 07:49:27 AM
Dean and/or his penis must be having an intimate breakfast.
Just jealous....lol
,I wouldn't mind one of those myself!
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 07:56:30 AM
Dean and/or his penis must be having an intimate breakfast.
Just jealous....lol
,I wouldn't mind one of those myself!
As described by Dean it serves no purpose as far as I am concerned, especially wih an old woman.  Just one more pain in the ass.

I sort of outgrew googlie eyes about 55 years ago.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on July 14, 2015, 08:35:05 AM
good morning Chip, Dave, and Dave.
no intimate breakfast or googlie eyes this morning. we slept in the tent last night. I pulled the rain fly back and we watched the stars and a few meteors till early morning. got a thunderstorm moving in and a few sand gnats paid us a visit so the bikerlady went on inside about a half hour ago.
coffee and Monte Classic robusto here and I may join her in an hour or so.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 08:38:57 AM
Sounds good.  Enjoy pup-tent Dean!
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 08:55:16 AM
Good morning, friends.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 08:55:46 AM
good morning Chip, Dave, and Dave.
no intimate breakfast or googlie eyes this morning. we slept in the tent last night. I pulled the rain fly back and we watched the stars and a few meteors till early morning. got a thunderstorm moving in and a few sand gnats paid us a visit so the bikerlady went on inside about a half hour ago.
coffee and Monte Classic robusto here and I may join her in an hour or so.
Condensed version:  Dean pulled his fly down and bikerlady hit the trail.   Maybe Dean's Penis will elaborate later.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 08:56:21 AM
Good morning, friends.
Morning Mayor, did you sleep outside in a tent last night?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on July 14, 2015, 09:00:05 AM
Good morning, friends.
good morning Tony.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on July 14, 2015, 09:01:56 AM
good morning Chip, Dave, and Dave.
no intimate breakfast or googlie eyes this morning. we slept in the tent last night. I pulled the rain fly back and we watched the stars and a few meteors till early morning. got a thunderstorm moving in and a few sand gnats paid us a visit so the bikerlady went on inside about a half hour ago.
coffee and Monte Classic robusto here and I may join her in an hour or so.
Condensed version:  Dean pulled his fly down and bikerlady hit the trail.   Maybe Dean's Penis will elaborate later.
maybe, after the Monte I'll make raspberry heart shaped pancakes.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 09:02:16 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 09:04:24 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy Dave.  You working today or getting ready for your trip?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 09:05:40 AM
Where is the Fish today?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 09:05:46 AM
Good morning, friends.
Morning Mayor, did you sleep outside in a tent last night?
I sure didn't.  I'm an air condition gypsy.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 09:06:39 AM
Good morning, friends.
good morning Tony.
Hiya Dean.  Sounds like you're having fun, minus the sand gnats.  Glad to read about it.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on July 14, 2015, 09:22:48 AM
Good morning, friends.
good morning Tony.
Hiya Dean.  Sounds like you're having fun, minus the sand gnats.  Glad to read about it.
just a few testy sandgnats, not a great bother if you stay focused and occupied.

think I'll work on those pancakes now.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 09:24:13 AM
Good morning, friends.
good morning Tony.
Hiya Dean.  Sounds like you're having fun, minus the sand gnats.  Glad to read about it.
just a few testy sandgnats, not a great bother if you stay focused and occupied.

think I'll work on those pancakes now.
Those damn sandgnats are hell on wheels!
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on July 14, 2015, 09:25:39 AM
Dear Dean,

I'm on vacation right now, and you know what they say... when the cat's away the mice will play.   Simple request to my sales team - pick something really good, get a little crazy with the price, snap a pretty picture, and email your best customers all about it.  Welp, as you can see below - they went BAT-CRAP INSANE.  Luckily for you, I'm gonna let 'er rip for a few good reasons I'll explain after I drop their dirty work on your desktop:

"My Uzi Weighs Actually About 2lbs" Sampler (reg. price $220)

30 of Drew Estates' Most Popular Blends for $89.99 plus free shipping! (<$3 a pop!)

 Includes six each of the following:
Liga Privada Undercrown (5"x54)
Nica Rustica  "El Brujito" (6"x52)
My Uzi Weighs a Ton (5"x60)
MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured (5"x56)
Joya de Nicaragua Antanos (4.5"x52)

#1 - In all fairness to the team, I wasn't very specific about the specifics.
#2 - I'm the same ol' non-confrontational fella who you've grown to love like not immediately delete his emails, why should I start pitching a fuss now?  I'm not even on the clock.
#3 - This offer is probably going to win the 2015 "Best Deal I Didn't Come Up With or Officially Approve (but I will still take any/all credit if any compliments or appreciation is bestowed in any way, shape, or form)" Award.  I don't want to get in the way of that kind of prestige.
#4 - Finally, while not unusual, no one at the office is returning my calls or texts.  WTF. SMH. FML.

So, guess what?  I'm not gonna fight this and well, heck you shouldn't either!  Go with the flow, get just one or get a ton, 'cuz this sampler is soon going on a permanent vacation of it's own.

Reply back now if you want this deal.  As long as it's in stock, your order will get placed ASAP, even though I'm on vacay.  What can I say?  I'm dedicated (and probably should be medicated).

If you are interested in taking advantage of this deal, simply reply to this email. I will use the same card as your last order and ship to the same address unless you indicate otherwise. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have regarding this special deal. Shipping is free! Thank you as always.

Tim Blythe
Sales Advisor
Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 09:30:35 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy Dave.  You working today or getting ready for your trip?
Work today and tomorrow, fly out at 8:00 on Thursday.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 09:33:46 AM
Guess Tim doesn't like me that much.....
or I'm not one of the best customers....
or, he know's I'm not interested.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 09:36:36 AM
Guess Tim doesn't like me that much.....
or I'm not one of the best customers....
or, he know's I'm not interested.
Or all 3, but Tony does not get his love notes either so maybe a NJ thing.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 09:41:00 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy Dave.  You working today or getting ready for your trip?
Work today and tomorrow, fly out at 8:00 on Thursday.
On the topic of travel, I am taking the warden on an 8  day fishinig trip down in the Caribean next month and wondering the best way to carry a dozen or so cigars on the plane.  Most of my trips are short stays and I just put 2 or 3 in a zip lock but for 8 days not sure.    40th anniversary and her birthday so why not go fishing somewhere that has no tv, no internet and no cell service?  Sort of narrows down the activities the way I figure.   Just so they don't have sandgnatS!
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 09:44:41 AM
I know not everybody is a fan of DE Underbrush, but The Undercrown Shade is a Connie I am interested in giving a try.

http://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-announces-undercrown-shade/90332
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 09:47:45 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy Dave.  You working today or getting ready for your trip?
Work today and tomorrow, fly out at 8:00 on Thursday.
On the topic of travel, I am taking the warden on an 8  day fishinig trip down in the Caribean next month and wondering the best way to carry a dozen or so cigars on the plane.  Most of my trips are short stays and I just put 2 or 3 in a zip lock but for 8 days not sure.    40th anniversary and her birthday so why not go fishing somewhere that has no tv, no internet and no cell service?  Sort of narrows down the activities the way I figure.   Just so they don't have sandgnatS!
Zip lock with a humi pack works just fine.  If I'm bringing a decent amount, I usually bring my 5X travel humi and one or two bags.  Works out fine for a week or so.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 09:48:22 AM
I know not everybody is a fan of DE Underbrush, but The Undercrown Shade is a Connie I am interested in giving a try.

http://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-announces-undercrown-shade/90332
I would certainly give them a try.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 09:49:38 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy Dave.  You working today or getting ready for your trip?
Work today and tomorrow, fly out at 8:00 on Thursday.
On the topic of travel, I am taking the warden on an 8  day fishinig trip down in the Caribean next month and wondering the best way to carry a dozen or so cigars on the plane.  Most of my trips are short stays and I just put 2 or 3 in a zip lock but for 8 days not sure.    40th anniversary and her birthday so why not go fishing somewhere that has no tv, no internet and no cell service?  Sort of narrows down the activities the way I figure.   Just so they don't have sandgnatS!
Zip lock with a humi pack works just fine.  If I'm bringing a decent amount, I usually bring my 5X travel humi and one or two bags.  Works out fine for a week or so.
Thanks.  You carry a lighter?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 09:49:52 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy Dave.  You working today or getting ready for your trip?
Work today and tomorrow, fly out at 8:00 on Thursday.
On the topic of travel, I am taking the warden on an 8  day fishinig trip down in the Caribean next month and wondering the best way to carry a dozen or so cigars on the plane.  Most of my trips are short stays and I just put 2 or 3 in a zip lock but for 8 days not sure.    40th anniversary and her birthday so why not go fishing somewhere that has no tv, no internet and no cell service?  Sort of narrows down the activities the way I figure.   Just so they don't have sandgnatS!
Zip lock with a humi pack works just fine.  If I'm bringing a decent amount, I usually bring my 5X travel humi and one or two bags.  Works out fine for a week or so.
Biggest hassle for me is lighters, particularly as I usually just do carry-on.  You can bring one or two cheaper torches in checked bag and a bic in your carry on as backup.  Also don't bring your best cutter.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 10:03:22 AM
Guess Tim doesn't like me that much.....
or I'm not one of the best customers....
or, he know's I'm not interested.
Or all 3, but Tony does not get his love notes either so maybe a NJ thing.
Indeed, I didn't receive that one either.  Seems like a decent deal but I'm really not interested anyway.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 10:06:39 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy Dave.  You working today or getting ready for your trip?
Work today and tomorrow, fly out at 8:00 on Thursday.
On the topic of travel, I am taking the warden on an 8  day fishing trip down in the Caribean next month and wondering the best way to carry a dozen or so cigars on the plane.  Most of my trips are short stays and I just put 2 or 3 in a zip lock but for 8 days not sure.    40th anniversary and her birthday so why not go fishing somewhere that has no tv, no internet and no cell service?  Sort of narrows down the activities the way I figure.   Just so they don't have sandgnatS!
Zip lock with a humi pack works just fine.  If I'm bringing a decent amount, I usually bring my 5X travel humi and one or two bags.  Works out fine for a week or so.
Biggest hassle for me is lighters, particularly as I usually just do carry-on.  You can bring one or two cheaper torches in checked bag and a bic in your carry on as backup.  Also don't bring your best cutter.
I normally never check bags  but will have to check one bag to get everything there with the fishing equipment, will throw in a couple of Ronson's in the checked bag I guess.  Got several freebie throw in cutters I can take.  Basically there is nothing available after I get there except food, booze and basic toiletries.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 10:12:48 AM
Morning, muchachos.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 10:13:21 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy Dave.  You working today or getting ready for your trip?
Work today and tomorrow, fly out at 8:00 on Thursday.
On the topic of travel, I am taking the warden on an 8  day fishinig trip down in the Caribean next month and wondering the best way to carry a dozen or so cigars on the plane.  Most of my trips are short stays and I just put 2 or 3 in a zip lock but for 8 days not sure.    40th anniversary and her birthday so why not go fishing somewhere that has no tv, no internet and no cell service?  Sort of narrows down the activities the way I figure.   Just so they don't have sandgnatS!
I usually pack a 20 count humidor in my luggage (checked in).  I have given away at least 4 of them but I still have another 4 or 5.  They give us a new one at CF each year.  If you don't have one and your trip is still a bit aways, I can send you one?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 10:17:02 AM
[...]
Not leaving until August 8th and that would be nice since bags could get thrown around.  Lst leg of the trip in on what is commonly referred to as a Bush Plane like they use in the Alaskan wilderness.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 10:19:38 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Howdy Dave.  You working today or getting ready for your trip?
Work today and tomorrow, fly out at 8:00 on Thursday.
On the topic of travel, I am taking the warden on an 8  day fishinig trip down in the Caribean next month and wondering the best way to carry a dozen or so cigars on the plane.  Most of my trips are short stays and I just put 2 or 3 in a zip lock but for 8 days not sure.    40th anniversary and her birthday so why not go fishing somewhere that has no tv, no internet and no cell service?  Sort of narrows down the activities the way I figure.   Just so they don't have sandgnatS!
Zip lock with a humi pack works just fine.  If I'm bringing a decent amount, I usually bring my 5X travel humi and one or two bags.  Works out fine for a week or so.
Thanks.  You carry a lighter?
Oh, I usually put the lighter and the cutter in the humi too.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 10:20:40 AM
[...]
That makes sense!
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 10:21:51 AM
Morning, muchachos.

This space for rent.
Good morning, Bret.  Any travel tips?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 10:23:09 AM
Morning, muchachos.

This space for rent.
Good morning, Bret.  Any travel tips?
Yeah. Don't fly. Flying used to be fun. Now it just sucks.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 10:27:37 AM
Morning, muchachos.

This space for rent.
Good morning, Bret.  Any travel tips?
Yeah. Don't fly. Flying used to be fun. Now it just sucks.

This space for rent.
Morning Bret, yeah flying commercial avaition sux for sure but it beats the alternatives currently available!
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 10:30:08 AM
Morning, Tex. So, goin' fishin' then?

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 10:42:40 AM
Morning, Tex. So, goin' fishin' then?

This space for rent.
Yep go'n fish'n.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 10:45:03 AM
Morning, Tex. So, goin' fishin' then?

This space for rent.
Yep go'n fish'n.
Does the little lady like to drop in a line as well?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 10:48:55 AM
Morning, Tex. So, goin' fishin' then?

This space for rent.
Yep go'n fish'n.
Does the little lady like to drop in a line as well?
Yes she luv's to fish, wade on the seashore and lay on the beach so she will be very content.  We have been there before, long ago!
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 10:53:39 AM
As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 11:05:14 AM
As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Nobody eats there anymore anyway, don't know how they stay around.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 11:11:12 AM
As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Nobody eats there anymore anyway, don't know how they stay around.
Probably a money-laundering business for the mafia.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on July 14, 2015, 11:25:57 AM
nice review from Famous on one of my favorite smokes:
http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigaradvisor/arturo-fuente-cigar-review?emk=EMW3788&utm_utm_source=TuesdaySale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=small20&utm_content=EMW3788
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 11:27:56 AM
As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Nobody eats there anymore anyway, don't know how they stay around.
Probably a money-laundering business for the mafia.
There is no such thing as the mafia.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: ss2 on July 14, 2015, 11:31:46 AM
speaking of Famous,  they are having a Ninja sale and while it uas most of the usual nonsense they put on sale, there does seem to be a few decent (at least imho) deals thrown in
http://www.famous-smoke.com/promo/0714p/?emk=EMW3788&utm_source=TuesdaySale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=premium50&utm_content=EMW3788
not sure why it isn't hyperlinking, but the copy & paste works.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 11:33:00 AM
As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Nobody eats there anymore anyway, don't know how they stay around.
Probably a money-laundering business for the mafia.
There is no such thing as the mafia.
So I've heard.  I'm still trying to figure out what Bill Bonanno was talking about the night I met him.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 11:37:51 AM
speaking of Famous,  they are having a Ninja sale and while it uas most of the usual nonsense they put on sale, there does seem to be a few decent (at least imho) deals thrown in
http://www.famous-smoke.com/promo/0714p/?emk=EMW3788&utm_source=TuesdaySale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=premium50&utm_content=EMW3788
not sure why it isn't hyperlinking, but the copy & paste works.
So, other than the Tatiana Vanilla, Rabid Rhino, Gurkha Regent, Belligerent Beaver, Do you feel Lucky Sampler and La Floridita Test Flight, what is decent?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: ss2 on July 14, 2015, 12:08:12 PM
speaking of Famous,  they are having a Ninja sale and while it uas most of the usual nonsense they put on sale, there does seem to be a few decent (at least imho) deals thrown in
http://www.famous-smoke.com/promo/0714p/?emk=EMW3788&utm_source=TuesdaySale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=premium50&utm_content=EMW3788
not sure why it isn't hyperlinking, but the copy & paste works.
So, other than the Tatiana Vanilla, Rabid Rhino, Gurkha Regent, Belligerent Beaver, Do you feel Lucky Sampler and La Floridita Test Flight, what is decent?
LOL,  the La Aurora's, the Infernos and some of the samplers look ok.  i agree that overall it's more of the same, but every once in a while the blind squirrel finds a nut and they have some sort of 1/2 assed good deal.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 12:18:11 PM
As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Nobody eats there anymore anyway, don't know how they stay around.
Probably a money-laundering business for the mafia.
There is no such thing as the mafia.
And I guess you know where Jimmy Hoffa is too!
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 12:21:31 PM

As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Nobody eats there anymore anyway, don't know how they stay around.
Probably a money-laundering business for the mafia.
There is no such thing as the mafia.
So I've heard.  I'm still trying to figure out what Bill Bonanno was talking about the night I met him.

I currently work with Chris Bonanno, grandson to the infamous Joe.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 12:28:22 PM
As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Nobody eats there anymore anyway, don't know how they stay around.
Probably a money-laundering business for the mafia.
There is no such thing as the mafia.
And I guess you know where Jimmy Hoffa is too!
He probably shouldn't have been snooping where he had no business being.  Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on July 14, 2015, 12:39:43 PM

As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Nobody eats there anymore anyway, don't know how they stay around.
Probably a money-laundering business for the mafia.
There is no such thing as the mafia.
So I've heard.  I'm still trying to figure out what Bill Bonanno was talking about the night I met him.

I currently work with Chris Bonanno, grandson to the infamous Joe.
my mother's side of the family Tony:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cipriani_S.A.

and:

LINK TO EX-MOB CEO
By Susan Edelman
July 13, 2008 | 8:16am

Restaurateur Giuseppe Cipriani’s mob-linked former right-hand man says his ex-boss knew about his criminal past when he was hired fresh out of prison.
“How could you hide me?” Dennis Pappas, 61, told The Post. “I’d never withhold it.”
A spry Pappas stepped out of the Lincoln Correctional Facility in Harlem, a work-release program, last week, a day after the state parole board granted him a “merit release.” It means he’ll be sprung Sept. 27, three months earlier than scheduled.
As a Cipriani CEO, Pappas last year admitted raking in about $900,000 in salary – which prosecutors said was off the books. He also collected $1 million in Social Security and disability insurance, claiming he couldn’t work because of a heart condition.
Surprised to hear about Pappas’ release, state and federal law-enforcement sources said last week they think Cipriani hired the disbarred lawyer because of his past as alleged “financial consigliere” of the Colombo crime family.
As officials keep a fresh eye on Pappas, the Cipriani family faces a State Liquor Authority hearing on Aug. 12 – and possible loss of all its nine liquor licenses for the Rainbow Room, Cipriani Dolci, Cipriani Downtown and Cipriani 42nd Street, among others.
The high-stakes hearing follows an admission last year by Giuseppe and his father, Harry, that they used a scheme to evade $10 million in state and city taxes. They agreed to pay it back, and were spared jail.
The SLA charges the Ciprianis are unfit to hold liquor licenses, and the accusation that Giuseppe helped Pappas commit insurance fraud may emerge as an issue.
Pappas – described by one federal official as “one of the smartest criminals I’ve ever known” – once ran a network of insurance companies and pension plans to enrich himself and the mob, the feds charged.
He also threatened to “break legs” or commit other violence to extort payments, and boasted he had arranged the murder of a former employee, court papers say.
Pappas’ ruthless reputation and mob ties could be seen as a valuable asset.
“If you’re in the restaurant business, dealing with unions with whom you periodically have a dispute, it might come in handy to have someone connected to wiseguys on your payroll,” a law-enforcement source said.
By paying Pappas under the table – without paychecks or W-2 tax forms – Cipriani helped Pappas not only commit insurance fraud but avoid paying $1.5 million in restitution he still owes the feds, prosecutors said last week.
The Manhattan DA’s Office, in a plea deal with Giuseppe last year, agreed not to prosecute him for “insurance fraud committed acting in concert” with Pappas.
Pappas worked for Cipriani USA – the umbrella company for its posh restaurants and banquet halls – from June 2000 to April 2006 after serving four years in prison for federal racketeering and tax evasion. He has said he got the job after being “referred” by some Cipriani employees.
Pappas told a judge he reported only to Giuseppe as manager, chief operating officer, CEO and vice president of Cipriani USA.
“All told, I could exercise managerial authority over hundreds of Cipriani employees,” he said in court.
His duties included hiring and firing, dealing with labor unions, overseeing multimillion-dollar construction projects and approving payments to architects, engineers, food suppliers and others. Pappas said he also helped the Ciprianis with litigation.
Once described by the feds as “an energetic partier” who spent money on prostitutes and snorted cocaine, Pappas worked not only weekdays, but attended “work-related functions” nights and weekends, he said.
Pappas was indicted in 1995 in a massive racketeering case.
But most counts against him were dropped after he threatened to reveal how the FBI recruited him to help spy on suspected terrorists following the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, records show. In his plea deal, Pappas agreed not to talk about the FBI’s counterintelligence work.
The SLA bars liquor licensees from hiring ex-felons.
But Pappas said last week that he and Giuseppe didn’t know his hiring was “anything wrong.”
He called the mob accusations “nonsense,” saying he made sure the Cipriani operations ran smoothly: “I did a very good job.”
Cipriani spokesman Chris Giglio said, “This whole subject is an old story. Beyond that we have no comment.”
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 12:56:24 PM
Good thing for Bean that the Blue's don't seem to be on today's Sprint rotation.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 01:03:01 PM

[...]

Like I said earlier, no such thing.  ;)
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on July 14, 2015, 01:11:40 PM
"no comment."

"I plead my Fifth Amendment Rights."
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 01:15:43 PM
Good thing for Bean that the Blue's don't seem to be on today's Sprint rotation.
I smoked one yesterday and definitely like them.  I'm gonna be in the market for more of 'em soon.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 01:28:22 PM

As if Whataburger hasn't already shot itself in the foot, so to speak, for much of the past four decades, now they're going to ban open carry in Texas, where an open carry law just passed.  Can't fix stupid, I guess.
Nobody eats there anymore anyway, don't know how they stay around.
Probably a money-laundering business for the mafia.
There is no such thing as the mafia.
So I've heard.  I'm still trying to figure out what Bill Bonanno was talking about the night I met him.

I currently work with Chris Bonanno, grandson to the infamous Joe.
My dad went to high school and was friends with Tory Cerrito, associates of the Bonanno family. I met Bill B because I had a recording session booked in Tucson at the same studio where he recorded the audio version of his book.

And I won't insist there's a mafia, but I once got stiffed on a gig at a bar and my manager, Sal Gutusso, and his dad, Big Sal, had a little meeting with the owner of the bar, who was afterward very, very anxious to pay me.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: ss2 on July 14, 2015, 01:28:52 PM
Good thing for Bean that the Blue's don't seem to be on today's Sprint rotation.
I smoked one yesterday and definitely like them.  I'm gonna be in the market for more of 'em soon.
could always pay too much for them on the monster.  $27 for 5
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 01:39:01 PM

[...]

Simply good negotiators who were able to explain the unfortunate error so that it could be understood.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 01:47:01 PM

[...]

Indeed.  They explained it so well that the guy was white as a sheet and his hands were shaking as he wrote the check.  A couple weeks later, the bar was a parking lot for a Borders bookstore.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: ss2 on July 14, 2015, 02:28:33 PM

[...]

and the bar owner is permanently inspecting the asphalt from the bottom side....
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 02:30:36 PM

[...]

I'm sure the Borders has been replaced by now too.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 03:07:00 PM

[...]

I was thinking that.  Story is quite a few years old.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 03:14:47 PM
Got caught in a downpour when I went out to get lunch.  I was prepared with my umbrella, but it didn't do much for shoes and pant legs.  Pants are still damp and shoes are squeaking.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 03:21:40 PM
Got caught in a downpour when I went out to get lunch.  I was prepared with my umbrella, but it didn't do much for shoes and pant legs.  Pants are still damp and shoes are squeaking.
Don't it feel wonderful! ;)
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 03:22:24 PM
Got caught in a downpour when I went out to get lunch.  I was prepared with my umbrella, but it didn't do much for shoes and pant legs.  Pants are still damp and shoes are squeaking.
Fun.  My wife bought tickets to an outdoor concert for tonight.  Can't seem to find any information online on whether they cancel shows at the PNC if there are thunderstorms.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 03:39:40 PM

[...]

Just over 20 years ago.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 03:51:03 PM

[...]

So right around when Shaun was getting out of diapers?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on July 14, 2015, 03:51:50 PM
Hooray Electricity!  Power was out for 24 hours.  Had our street barricaded off.  The power line was down smack dab in the middle our block.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on July 14, 2015, 03:52:57 PM

[...]

He was still wet behind the junk as it were.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 04:00:21 PM

[...]

He's out of diapers?

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 04:07:02 PM
Hooray Electricity!  Power was out for 24 hours.  Had our street barricaded off.  The power line was down smack dab in the middle our block.
I saw your earlier post.  Hopefully it wasn't too warm without A/C.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 04:11:18 PM

[...]

I'm sure.  Especially now that he's all growed up with his "real" job and such.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 04:16:50 PM
YellowStar and JWacky all growed up with real jobs and everything!
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 04:25:15 PM
YellowStar and JWacky all growed up with real jobs and everything!
Insert gratuitous JWacky short joke here.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Threebean on July 14, 2015, 04:37:26 PM
Afternoon men.  Warm and humid in NJ.  Feels like home.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Threebean on July 14, 2015, 04:38:43 PM
Good thing for Bean that the Blue's don't seem to be on today's Sprint rotation.
Looks like were up three deals ago.  Figures.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 05:00:01 PM

[...]

He's out now?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 05:01:02 PM
YellowStar and JWacky all growed up with real jobs and everything!
What sort of proof you got?
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 05:01:27 PM

[...]

My question, exactly.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 05:02:55 PM
Afternoon men.  Warm and humid in NJ.  Feels like home.
96 here, you have obviously forgotten what home feels like.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 14, 2015, 05:03:04 PM
Afternoon men.  Warm and humid in NJ.  Feels like home.
Didn't realize you were here.  Anyhoo, gotta run.  See y'all tomorrow.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 05:04:07 PM
YellowStar and JWacky all growed up with real jobs and everything!
2 different things for Wacky.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 14, 2015, 05:35:15 PM
601 LaBomba Corona lit, ice water to drink.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 06:18:31 PM
I need to become less busy at work so I can pick up the slack left by Shaun and Joe here.  All this actually working all the time shit is for the birds.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 06:21:53 PM
The smartphone began biting the dust over the weekend.  So had to order another today. $500.  That would have bought a lot of cigars.

Meanwhile, #1 son can't wait to get his hands on the dying one.  Says he can replace the broken glass and make it work.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 06:23:05 PM
601 LaBomba Corona lit, ice water to drink.
Haven't smoked a La Bomba in a long time.  I need to make time to do so.  Maybe tonight.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: razgueado on July 14, 2015, 06:28:58 PM
Cigar Aficionado rates the Espada by Montecristo Quillon (7x56) a 91.  Anyone tried one?

56 RG is thicker than I prefer.

Wait for it, wait for it...
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Threebean on July 14, 2015, 07:27:09 PM
Cigar Aficionado rates the Espada by Montecristo Quillon (7x56) a 91.  Anyone tried one?

56 RG is thicker than I prefer.

Wait for it, wait for it...
Waited long enough...TNWSS
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on July 14, 2015, 08:11:00 PM
Cigar Aficionado rates the Espada by Montecristo Quillon (7x56) a 91.  Anyone tried one?

56 RG is thicker than I prefer.

Wait for it, wait for it...
No.  TWSS.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on July 14, 2015, 09:12:02 PM
Cigar Aficionado rates the Espada by Montecristo Quillon (7x56) a 91.  Anyone tried one?

56 RG is thicker than I prefer.

Wait for it, wait for it...
Waited long enough...TNWSS
She didn't say a thing?  Surely you jest.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 14, 2015, 10:06:46 PM
Cigar Aficionado rates the Espada by Montecristo Quillon (7x56) a 91.  Anyone tried one?

56 RG is thicker than I prefer.

Wait for it, wait for it...
Tried it?  Never even heard of it, regardless of size.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on July 14, 2015, 11:19:57 PM
.5 of 18.
Title: Re: 7/14/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on July 15, 2015, 12:03:44 AM
Wake up Tony!  Flip it my man!