CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 14, 2024, 12:02:18 AM

Title: 1/14/2024
Post by: CigarBanter on January 14, 2024, 12:02:18 AM
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 02:23:02 AM
JoeCigar:

La Aroma de Cuba Reserva Maximo (5.5"x54) - 5 / $29.99
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 08:15:28 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Rocky Patel Top Choice Collection - 10 / $59.99
includes:
2 x Sun Grown Maduro Toro (6.5”x52) – ‘95’ rated
2 x Twentieth Toro Box-Pressed (6.0”x52) – ‘90’ rated
2 x Vintage ’03 Cameroon Robusto (5.5”x50) – ‘92’ rated
2 x Decade Robusto (5.0”x50) – ‘95’ rated
2 x Vintage ’90 Mini-Belicoso LE (5.0”x54) – ‘93’ rated
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 08:16:32 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #2 - La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 5 Maduro (Robusto) (5.5"x54) - 10 / $39.99
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 08:17:20 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Project Little Devil (Corona) (5.5"x44) - 10 / $34.99
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 09:18:22 AM
Morning, boyos. 11, feels like 0 here right now. Boiler is working OT.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 09:20:20 AM
Should be going out to my grandpa's birthday dinner today with some extended family, but multiple sicknesses going through the house is keeping us home.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 09:23:20 AM
Connections
Puzzle #217
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 10:25:23 AM
Morning, boyos. 11, feels like 0 here right now. Boiler is working OT.
39 now, only going up to 52.  Folks are bundled up and inside.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 10:32:57 AM
Morning, boyos. 11, feels like 0 here right now. Boiler is working OT.
39 now, only going up to 52.  Folks are bundled up and inside.
We will be participating in the chill over the next week with lows in the 20's and even teens next weekend.  Highs around 50, but only about 40 next weekend.  That's pretty extreme for us.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 10:33:55 AM
Morning, boyos. 11, feels like 0 here right now. Boiler is working OT.
39 now, only going up to 52.  Folks are bundled up and inside.
We will be participating in the chill over the next week with lows in the 20's and even teens next weekend.  Highs around 50, but only about 40 next weekend.  That's pretty extreme for us.
I might even break out a scarf and gloves.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 10:58:26 AM
Morning, boyos. 11, feels like 0 here right now. Boiler is working OT.
39 now, only going up to 52.  Folks are bundled up and inside.
Sheesh
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 11:20:36 AM
Neighbor gave me his tickets to the Clemson - BC basketball game yesterday.  Good afternoon out, and winning was good to.
Oh yea, and the Rally Cats are not hard on the eye...
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 11:22:21 AM
Neighbor gave me his tickets to the Clemson - BC basketball game yesterday.  Good afternoon out, and winning was good to.
Oh yea, and the Rally Cats are not hard on the eye...
Should have been a proper PW and separated those pictures out.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 11:22:41 AM
As we need some help to get to page 2.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 11:25:41 AM
Today is Sunday, Jan. 14, the 14th day of 2024.
There are 352 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Jan. 14, 2013, cyclist Lance Armstrong ended a decade of denial by confessing to Oprah Winfrey during a videotaped interview that he’d used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France.

On this date:

In 1784, the United States ratified the Treaty of Paris ending the Revolutionary War; Britain followed suit in April.

In 1914, Ford Motor Co. greatly improved its assembly-line operation by employing an endless chain to pull each chassis along at its Highland Park, Michigan, plant.

In 1943, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and French General Charles de Gaulle opened a wartime conference in Casablanca.

In 1952, NBC’s “Today” show premiered, with Dave Garroway as host.

In 1954, Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio were married at San Francisco City Hall.

In 1963, George C. Wallace was sworn in as governor of Alabama with the pledge, “Segregation forever!” — a view he later repudiated.

In 1964, former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy, in a brief televised address, thanked Americans for their condolences and messages of support following the assassination of her husband, President John F. Kennedy, nearly two months earlier.

In 1967, the Sixties’ “Summer of Love” unofficially began with a “Human Be-In” involving tens of thousands of young people at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.

In 1970, Diana Ross and the Supremes performed their last concert together, at the Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas.

In 1975, the House Internal Security Committee (formerly the House Un-American Activities Committee) was disbanded.

In 1994, President Bill Clinton and Russian President Boris Yeltsin signed an accord to stop aiming missiles at any nation; the leaders joined Ukrainian President Leonid Kravchuk in signing an accord to dismantle the nuclear arsenal of Ukraine.

In 2010, President Barack Obama and the U.S. moved to take charge in earthquake-ravaged Haiti, dispatching thousands of troops along with tons of aid.

In 2022, the Australian government revoked the visa of tennis star Novak Djokovic for a second time as he fought to stay in the country and compete in the Australian Open despite being unvaccinated for COVID-19.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 11:28:14 AM
Today’s birthdays:

Blues singer Clarence Carter is 87.
Singer Jack Jones is 86.
Actor Faye Dunaway is 83.
Actor Holland Taylor is 81.
Actor Carl Weathers is 76.
Singer-producer T-Bone Burnett is 76.
Movie writer-director Lawrence Kasdan is 75.
Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Maureen Dowd is 72.
Rock singer Geoff Tate (Queensryche) is 65.
Movie writer-director Steven Soderbergh is 61.
Actor Mark Addy is 60.
Former Fox News Channel anchorman Shepard Smith is 60.
Actor/producer Dan Schneider is 60.
Rapper Slick Rick is 59.
Actor Emily Watson is 57.
Actor-comedian Tom Rhodes is 57.
Rock musician Zakk Wylde is 57.
Rapper-actor LL Cool J is 56.
Actor Jason Bateman is 55.
Rock singer-musician Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) is 55.
Actor Kevin Durand is 50.
Actor Jordan Ladd is 49.
Actor Ward Horton is 48.
Actor Emayatzy Corinealdi is 44.
Retro-soul singer-songwriter Marc Broussard is 42.
Rock singer-musician Caleb Followill (Kings of Leon) is 42.
Actor Zach Gilford is 42.
Actor Jake Choi is 39.
Actor Jonathan Osser is 35.
Actor-singer Grant Gustin (“Glee”) is 34.
Singer/guitarist Molly Tuttle is 31.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 11:29:12 AM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 11:41:13 AM
Morning, boyos. 11, feels like 0 here right now. Boiler is working OT.
I was walking the pup earlier and freezing my ass off. I still forget to wear a hat even though I've been bald for more years than I had hair.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 11:42:09 AM
Should be going out to my grandpa's birthday dinner today with some extended family, but multiple sicknesses going through the house is keeping us home.
That's smart to keep gramps safe. How are the ladies feeling?
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 11:44:07 AM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 12:01:49 PM
Today's Over/Under is 5
6
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 12:03:10 PM
Should be going out to my grandpa's birthday dinner today with some extended family, but multiple sicknesses going through the house is keeping us home.
That's smart to keep gramps safe. How are the ladies feeling?
Indeed, and several other older people who will be there as well.

The wife is still pretty beat up. Middle kid is still sick, but the fever is gone and she seems in slightly better spirits today.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 12:03:31 PM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Jealous.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 02:22:11 PM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Jealous.
Started with a Bellas Artes toro on the way here. Great cigar.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/741e46e2c0a408001aa5738f547e2265.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 02:24:10 PM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Jealous.
Started with a Bellas Artes toro on the way here. Great cigar.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/741e46e2c0a408001aa5738f547e2265.jpg)
And now, onto this 2012 Oval. Holy crap, it makes that last cigar taste like a Te Amo.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/9cb50c527cdbbfd729a4b81b8d7cfbd9.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 02:41:49 PM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Jealous.
Started with a Bellas Artes toro on the way here. Great cigar.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/741e46e2c0a408001aa5738f547e2265.jpg)
And now, onto this 2012 Oval. Holy crap, it makes that last cigar taste like a Te Amo.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/9cb50c527cdbbfd729a4b81b8d7cfbd9.jpg)
LALTS
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 05:06:40 PM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Jealous.
Started with a Bellas Artes toro on the way here. Great cigar.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/741e46e2c0a408001aa5738f547e2265.jpg)
And now, onto this 2012 Oval. Holy crap, it makes that last cigar taste like a Te Amo.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/9cb50c527cdbbfd729a4b81b8d7cfbd9.jpg)
LALTS
El Pulpo culebra up next. Streaks are on the grill.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/3de5f31409e8216931411061573514e2.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 05:45:05 PM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Jealous.
Started with a Bellas Artes toro on the way here. Great cigar.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/741e46e2c0a408001aa5738f547e2265.jpg)
And now, onto this 2012 Oval. Holy crap, it makes that last cigar taste like a Te Amo.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/9cb50c527cdbbfd729a4b81b8d7cfbd9.jpg)
LALTS
El Pulpo culebra up next. Streaks are on the grill.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/3de5f31409e8216931411061573514e2.jpg)
Yummo
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 05:50:04 PM
I am loving the Packers right now.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 07:16:49 PM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Jealous.
Started with a Bellas Artes toro on the way here. Great cigar.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/741e46e2c0a408001aa5738f547e2265.jpg)
And now, onto this 2012 Oval. Holy crap, it makes that last cigar taste like a Te Amo.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/9cb50c527cdbbfd729a4b81b8d7cfbd9.jpg)
LALTS
El Pulpo culebra up next. Streaks are on the grill.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/3de5f31409e8216931411061573514e2.jpg)
You're out streaking in this weather?
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 07:17:21 PM
I am loving the Packers right now.
Dallas getting spanked!
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: bluecollar on January 14, 2024, 07:19:30 PM
I am loving the Packers right now.
Dallas getting spanked!
Understatement
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: bluecollar on January 14, 2024, 07:23:02 PM
They made the right move to postpone the bills game. Still pretty nasty over here. I got caught in a whiteout earlier and I don't think they even lifted the travel ban here
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 07:23:31 PM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Jealous.
Started with a Bellas Artes toro on the way here. Great cigar.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/741e46e2c0a408001aa5738f547e2265.jpg)
And now, onto this 2012 Oval. Holy crap, it makes that last cigar taste like a Te Amo.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/9cb50c527cdbbfd729a4b81b8d7cfbd9.jpg)
LALTS
El Pulpo culebra up next. Streaks are on the grill.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/3de5f31409e8216931411061573514e2.jpg)
Yummo
Stuck with El Pulpo for the next cigar. This was the Belicoso Grande (CA's #10) and it was also very good.

Edit: flash went off but yet the photo didn't catch it.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240115/a209cf3b1a8109cfa769ad7c34a506e0.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 07:28:10 PM
I'll check in later, on my way to Brad's to now. I intend to post a bunch.
Jealous.
Started with a Bellas Artes toro on the way here. Great cigar.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/741e46e2c0a408001aa5738f547e2265.jpg)
And now, onto this 2012 Oval. Holy crap, it makes that last cigar taste like a Te Amo.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/9cb50c527cdbbfd729a4b81b8d7cfbd9.jpg)
LALTS
El Pulpo culebra up next. Streaks are on the grill.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/3de5f31409e8216931411061573514e2.jpg)
Yummo
Stuck with El Pulpo for the next cigar. This was the Belicoso Grande (CA's #10) and it was also very good.

Edit: flash went off but yet the photo didn't catch it.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240115/a209cf3b1a8109cfa769ad7c34a506e0.jpg)
Let's see if this one is better.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240115/8220786f85aaab0d9036c088018862ce.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 07:28:55 PM
They made the right move to postpone the bills game. Still pretty nasty over here. I got caught in a whiteout earlier and I don't think they even lifted the travel ban here
Stay safe, my friend.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 07:29:01 PM
[...]

Much better.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: bluecollar on January 14, 2024, 07:41:12 PM
[...]

It's a good thing your off of work tomorrow. Enjoy your day.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 08:09:59 PM
I am loving the Packers right now.
Dallas getting spanked!
Understatement
Might be a precedence was set that the 7 seed beats the shit out of the 2 seed.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 08:34:24 PM
I am loving the Packers right now.
Dallas getting spanked!
Understatement
Might be a precedence was set that the 7 seed beats the shit out of the 2 seed.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 09:14:15 PM
Wordle 939 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 09:17:09 PM
601 Green

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240115/233ec51c6c07c0d991d6ab68d38c0fce.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 09:48:53 PM
[...]

Next up, AJF New World Puro Especial corona. Nice stick.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240115/e95d3a88342653cc0237ac56dde7d52a.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 14, 2024, 10:03:26 PM
Connections
Puzzle #217
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 10:13:34 PM
[...]

Looks like a helluva setup.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 10:19:02 PM
[...]

Go Tony, Go Tony!
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 10:20:13 PM
Entertaining game between Rams and Lions, but neither will go far with the lack of defense.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 10:24:57 PM
Can't keep up with Tony tonight....but this ain't a competition.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 14, 2024, 10:36:06 PM
Entertaining game between Rams and Lions, but neither will go far with the lack of defense.
Took all weekend, but at least we finally got a game.
Title: Re: 1/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 14, 2024, 10:53:08 PM
Entertaining game between Rams and Lions, but neither will go far with the lack of defense.
Took all weekend, but at least we finally got a game.
Two more games tomorrow!