CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 24, 2021, 12:01:27 AM

Title: 9/24/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on September 24, 2021, 12:01:27 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 05:29:18 AM
Happy Ryder Cup Friday, all.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 05:35:15 AM
Joe:

Gurkha Pigtail Toro Sampler - 5/24.99; 10/45.00; 15/59.97

Gurkha Pigtail Toro Mega-Sampler includes:
1 – Gurkha Beast Toro w/ Pigtail (6” x 54)
1 – Gurkha Beauty Toro w/ Pigtail (6” x 54)
1 – Gurkha Titan Toro w/ Pigtail (6” x 54)
1 – Gurkha Legend Toro w/ Pigtail (6” x 54)
1 – Gurkha Centurian Toro w/ Pigtail (6” x 54)
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 05:36:44 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto - 10/44.99

Door #2 - Aging Room Small Batch T112 Vivase (Toro) - 10/49.99

Door #3 - Southern Draw 5-Star Sampler - 5/29.99

Southern Draw 5-Star Sampler contains:

1 x Rose of Sharon Toro (6.0"x52)
1 x Kudzu Oscuro Toro (6.0"x52)
1 x 300 Hands Habano Piramides (6.1"x52)
1 x Firethorn Habano Rosado Toro (6.0"x52)
1 x Jacob’s Ladder Toro (6.0"x52)
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 06:46:22 AM
Good morning, @LuvTooGolf .
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 06:56:08 AM
Door #3 looks nice but I'm not sure it's the best price.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 07:11:44 AM
Door #3 looks nice but I'm not sure it's the best price.
I think you're right, I feel like we've seen this one for 24.99 recently.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 08:08:37 AM
Happy Ryder Cup Friday, all.
woohoo.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 08:09:11 AM
good morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 08:09:37 AM
go Europe.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 08:12:46 AM
My email was all fakakta today. Missing the "from" column in Outlook. WTF?
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 08:13:01 AM
good morning Tony and Dave.
Hello, Dean.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 08:13:42 AM
go Europe.
'Murica!
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 08:21:10 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 08:25:11 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
I'm drawing from the European pool of more golfers to choose from than the USA.
if they kick me out of Florida I'll have to take residence in Cuba.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 08:37:00 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
I'm drawing from the European pool of more golfers to choose from than the USA.
if they kick me out of Florida I'll have to take residence in Cuba.
Are you sure they'll have you? I would start with southern Florida first and see how that goes.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 08:37:39 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
I'm drawing from the European pool of more golfers to choose from than the USA.
if they kick me out of Florida I'll have to take residence in Cuba.
I like a bunch of the Euro guys too, so I understand. Plus, America is making itself real hard to root for these days.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 08:39:54 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
I'm drawing from the European pool of more golfers to choose from than the USA.
if they kick me out of Florida I'll have to take residence in Cuba.
Are you sure they'll have you? I would start with southern Florida first and see how that goes.
That's practically Cuba anyways.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 08:41:04 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
I'm drawing from the European pool of more golfers to choose from than the USA.
if they kick me out of Florida I'll have to take residence in Cuba.
I like a bunch of the Euro guys too, so I understand. Plus, America is making itself real hard to root for these days.
I was hoping for a Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau pairing. 😂
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 08:45:46 AM
I'll say one thing. they have one of the most beautiful links courses I have ever seen.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 08:47:12 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
I'm drawing from the European pool of more golfers to choose from than the USA.
if they kick me out of Florida I'll have to take residence in Cuba.
Are you sure they'll have you? I would start with southern Florida first and see how that goes.
That's practically Cuba anyways.
Biden is sending too many migrants down there for my taste.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 08:50:11 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
I'm drawing from the European pool of more golfers to choose from than the USA.
if they kick me out of Florida I'll have to take residence in Cuba.
Are you sure they'll have you? I would start with southern Florida first and see how that goes.
That's practically Cuba anyways.
Biden is sending too many migrants down there for my taste.
We're all hoping FL and TX will get fed up and finally secede.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 08:50:28 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
I'm drawing from the European pool of more golfers to choose from than the USA.
if they kick me out of Florida I'll have to take residence in Cuba.
I like a bunch of the Euro guys too, so I understand. Plus, America is making itself real hard to root for these days.
I was hoping for a Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau pairing. 😂
Lol, that would be something, all right!
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 08:50:59 AM
I'll say one thing. they have one of the most beautiful links courses I have ever seen.
The course looks amazing. And it's open for public play, though, I imagine you'd need to take out a home equity loan.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 08:57:26 AM
though I'm not a McIlroy fan, this is the best pairing imo: Rory  McIlroy and Ian Poulter vs. Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schaueffle
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 09:00:37 AM
I'll say one thing. they have one of the most beautiful links courses I have ever seen.
The course looks amazing. And it's open for public play, though, I imagine you'd need to take out a home equity loan.
But how much will it cost you to play there? It’s not cheap. Prices vary based on the time of the year, but the peak rate is $485, which is only eclipsed by a few other bucket-list public options such as Pebble Beach, Pinehurst No. 2, TPC Sawgrass and Shadow Creek. You have to book online or via phone, depending on your group size or how far in advance you are scheduling your tee time. Depending on the time of year you also might be required to book a round at another Destination Kohler course and/or include lodging.

Caddies aren’t required for all tee time slots, but they are highly recommended for the Straits course. Caddie fees are $70 per person, and gratuity is recommended at $50 per bag.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 09:06:06 AM
[...]

Will the caddie cut and light your cigars for you too?
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 09:06:55 AM
[...]

Like I said. Would definitely be an experience, though.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 09:07:38 AM
[...]

Better roll them fresh, too, for that price.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 09:09:25 AM
though I'm not a McIlroy fan, this is the best pairing imo: Rory  McIlroy and Ian Poulter vs. Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schaueffle
I've been a Poulter fan for a while. He lives for this event, so that'll be a tough one for the US.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 09:45:12 AM
Happy Ryder Cup Friday, all.
Is that a horse race?
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 09:47:15 AM
go Europe.
You're liable to get kicked out of FL with that attitude. :D

Morning, OleDean.
I'm drawing from the European pool of more golfers to choose from than the USA.
if they kick me out of Florida I'll have to take residence in Cuba.
Nice spot, but I don't think they will forward your checks there...
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 09:50:04 AM
[...]

On her thighs.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 09:51:37 AM
OK, all caught up!
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 09:52:33 AM
Morning HybridDave, DriverDean and PutterTony.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 09:58:14 AM
So I put on my bomb protective gear and had at it...

A very nice bomb indeed. I thought the bet was for a connie 5er but I ain't complaining.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/7f04c7244d21edd005892de40f0772d3.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/013a095d5b6f691a29c5a21d6709e303.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 09:59:36 AM
Morning HybridDave, DriverDean and PutterTony.
Good morning, WedgeDave.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 10:00:42 AM
Morning HybridDave, DriverDean and PutterTony.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 10:01:37 AM
though I'm not a McIlroy fan, this is the best pairing imo: Rory  McIlroy and Ian Poulter vs. Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schaueffle
I've been a Poulter fan for a while. He lives for this event, so that'll be a tough one for the US.
Poulter/Garcia be a nice pairing too. Garcia has had quite alot of great partners over the years.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 10:03:54 AM
where's Rick?
wondering if he got all his mechanicals installed and working properly.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 10:04:13 AM
though I'm not a McIlroy fan, this is the best pairing imo: Rory  McIlroy and Ian Poulter vs. Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schaueffle
I've been a Poulter fan for a while. He lives for this event, so that'll be a tough one for the US.
Poulter/Garcia be a nice pairing too. Garcia has had quite alot of great partners over the years.
That would definitely be the Euro Old Guy Special.

Meanwhile, the current pairing is turning into a bit of a surprising rout.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 10:04:40 AM
So I put on my bomb protective gear and had at it...

A very nice bomb indeed. I thought the bet was for a connie 5er but I ain't complaining.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/7f04c7244d21edd005892de40f0772d3.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/013a095d5b6f691a29c5a21d6709e303.jpg)
A nice collection, indeed. Well done, LoserRick. :D
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 10:05:56 AM
though I'm not a McIlroy fan, this is the best pairing imo: Rory  McIlroy and Ian Poulter vs. Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schaueffle
I've been a Poulter fan for a while. He lives for this event, so that'll be a tough one for the US.
Poulter/Garcia be a nice pairing too. Garcia has had quite alot of great partners over the years.
That would definitely be the Euro Old Guy Special.

Meanwhile, the current pairing is turning into a bit of a surprising rout.
They're now 5 down after 5.  :o :o
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 10:10:50 AM
Debate for Razman today.

Top 20 acoustic and electric guitar intros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UNuqYFP-pM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpY_9qY-j1g

Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 10:12:18 AM
So I put on my bomb protective gear and had at it...

A very nice bomb indeed. I thought the bet was for a connie 5er but I ain't complaining.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/7f04c7244d21edd005892de40f0772d3.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/013a095d5b6f691a29c5a21d6709e303.jpg)
A nice collection, indeed. Well done, LoserRick. :D
There are five connies, aren't there?
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 10:14:29 AM
Today is Friday, Sept. 24, the 267th day of 2021.
There are 98 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Sept. 24, 2001, President George W. Bush ordered a freeze on the assets of 27 people and organizations with suspected links to terrorism, including Islamic militant Osama bin Laden, and urged other nations to do likewise.

On this date:

In 1789, President George Washington signed a Judiciary Act establishing America’s federal court system and creating the post of attorney general.

In 1869, thousands of businessmen were ruined in a Wall Street panic known as “Black Friday” after financiers Jay Gould and James Fisk attempted to corner the gold market.

In 1929, Lt. James H. Doolittle guided a Consolidated NY-2 Biplane over Mitchel Field in New York in the first all-instrument flight.

In 1934, Babe Ruth made his farewell appearance as a player with the New York Yankees in a game against the Boston Red Sox. (The Sox won, 5-0.)

In 1955, President Dwight D. Eisenhower suffered a heart attack while on vacation in Denver.

In 1960, the USS Enterprise, the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, was launched at Newport News, Virginia. “The Howdy Doody Show” ended a nearly 13-year run with its final telecast on NBC.

In 1969, the trial of the Chicago Eight (later seven) began. (Five were later convicted of crossing state lines to incite riots at the 1968 Democratic convention, but the convictions were ultimately overturned.)

In 1976, former hostage Patricia Hearst was sentenced to seven years in prison for her part in a 1974 bank robbery in San Francisco carried out by the Symbionese Liberation Army. (Hearst was released after 22 months after receiving clemency from President Jimmy Carter.)

In 1991, children’s author Theodor Seuss Geisel (GY’-zul), better known as Dr. Seuss, died in La Jolla, Calif., at age 87.

In 1996, the United States and 70 other countries became the first to sign a treaty at the United Nations to end all testing and development of nuclear weapons. (The Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty has yet to enter into force because of the refusal so far of eight nations — including the United States — to ratify it.)

In 2015, a stampede and crush of Muslim pilgrims occurred at an intersection near a holy site in Saudi Arabia; The Associated Press estimated that more than 2,400 people were killed, while the official Saudi toll stood at 769.

In 2019, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi launched a formal impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump; the probe focused partly on whether Trump abused his presidential powers and sought help from the government of Ukraine to undermine Democratic foe Joe Biden. (Trump would be acquitted by the Republican-controlled Senate on two impeachment charges.)
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 10:15:09 AM
Ten years ago: Russian President Dmitry Medvedev proposed Vladimir Putin as a presidential candidate for 2012, paving the way for Putin’s return to office four years after he was legally forced to step aside. NASA’s dead six-ton Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite fell to Earth, 20 years after being deployed from the space shuttle Discovery.

Five years ago: The new Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture opened its doors in Washington, D.C. Police arrested a suspect in a shooting at the Cascade Mall in Burlington, Washington. The shooting a day earlier left five people dead.

One year ago: Protesters again gathered in Louisville, Kentucky, and in New York, Philadelphia and other cities to protest the decision by a Kentucky grand jury not to indict the officers involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor. President Donald Trump’s refusal to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he were to lose the November election drew swift blowback from both parties in Congress, with Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell saying that the winner “will be inaugurated on January 20th.” Trump was booed by spectators in the streets near the Supreme Court as he arrived to pay respects to the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Florida prosecutors dropped a misdemeanor charge against New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft after courts blocked their use of video that allegedly showed him paying for massage parlor sex.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 10:17:57 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

R&B singer Sonny Turner (The Platters) is 82.
Singer Phyllis “Jiggs” Allbut Sirico (The Angels) is 79.
Political commentator Lou Dobbs is 76.
Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Joe Greene is 75.
Actor Gordon Clapp is 73.
Actor Harriet Walter is 71.
Songwriter Holly Knight is 65.
Actor Kevin Sorbo is 63.
Actor-writer Nia Vardalos is 59.
Rock musician Shawn Crahan (AKA Clown) (Slipknot) is 52.
Country musician Marty Mitchell is 52.
Actor Megan Ward is 52.
Singer-musician Marty Cintron (No Mercy) is 50.
Contemporary Christian musician Juan DeVevo (Casting Crowns) is 46.
Actor Ian Bohen is 45.
Actor Justin Bruening is 42.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Paul Hamm (hahm) is 39.
Actor Erik Stocklin is 39.
Actor Spencer Treat Clark is 34.
Actor Grey Damon is 34.
Actor Kyle Sullivan is 33.
Actor Ben Platt is 28.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 10:18:23 AM
Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 10:39:55 AM
Debate for Razman today.

Top 20 acoustic and electric guitar intros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UNuqYFP-pM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpY_9qY-j1g
I'm up to 12 (counting down) on the acoustic list and I am liking the list so far. Solsbury Hill and Pinball Wizard especially. Curious to see what didn't make the list. I will resume after my current meeting.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 10:39:56 AM
breakfast
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 10:50:35 AM
Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8
5 for me.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 10:51:51 AM
Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8
4
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 11:05:55 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 11:08:52 AM
Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8
Only 5.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 11:15:35 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Bret.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 11:20:39 AM
Debate for Razman today.

Top 20 acoustic and electric guitar intros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UNuqYFP-pM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpY_9qY-j1g
I don't usually disagree with Rick Beato.  I may quibble over numeric order.  There are some obscure intros I think are better than many of these (i.e. Dan Fogelberg's "Changing Horses"), but the fact that they are obscure means they can't be considered "greatest."

I could also quibble with his definition of what constitutes a guitar "intro," but at least he has one, and his list is cohesive with it.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 11:21:33 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Bret.
Morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 11:29:36 AM
Debate for Razman today.

Top 20 acoustic and electric guitar intros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UNuqYFP-pM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpY_9qY-j1g
I don't usually disagree with Rick Beato.  I may quibble over numeric order.  There are some obscure intros I think are better than many of these (i.e. Dan Fogelberg's "Changing Horses"), but the fact that they are obscure means they can't be considered "greatest."

I could also quibble with his definition of what constitutes a guitar "intro," but at least he has one, and his list is cohesive with it.
I only went through the acoustic so far. I am not as well versed but I didn't think the list was bad. Perhaps a bit Jimmy Page heavy. His honorable mentions were questionable. The following should have made it into the list:
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straights
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 11:29:56 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 11:31:01 AM
Debate for Razman today.

Top 20 acoustic and electric guitar intros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UNuqYFP-pM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpY_9qY-j1g
I'm up to 12 (counting down) on the acoustic list and I am liking the list so far. Solsbury Hill and Pinball Wizard especially. Curious to see what didn't make the list. I will resume after my current meeting.
He deviates from his definition for "Pinball Wizard."  His definition of a great intro includes a melodic hook, and all of his examples have a melodic component, except that one which is just harmony.   It's a great acoustic intro, to be sure, but I'd have to tweak him about his definition at that point.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 11:34:36 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, SticklerRaz.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 11:50:19 AM
Debate for Razman today.

Top 20 acoustic and electric guitar intros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UNuqYFP-pM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpY_9qY-j1g
I don't usually disagree with Rick Beato.  I may quibble over numeric order.  There are some obscure intros I think are better than many of these (i.e. Dan Fogelberg's "Changing Horses"), but the fact that they are obscure means they can't be considered "greatest."

I could also quibble with his definition of what constitutes a guitar "intro," but at least he has one, and his list is cohesive with it.
I only went through the acoustic so far. I am not as well versed but I didn't think the list was bad. Perhaps a bit Jimmy Page heavy. His honorable mentions were questionable. The following should have made it into the list:
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straights
I'd disagree with either of those beating out anything that made his top 20.  An intro doesn't have to be complicated to be great, in fact none of the intros in his list are particularly complicated.  Some of them sound complicated, but that's part of what makes them great.  But what his list has in common is interesting harmonic movement.

The intro to Romeo and Juliet is just a I-IV-V progression fingerpicked as arpeggios on a National Steel resonator guitar.  It's a lovely sound, and it's a great song, but there's nothing musically interesting there.

"Dust in the Wind" is slightly more interesting.  It has harmonic movement, akin to "Pinball Wizard's" placing a bunch of chords over an F# drone note.  On paper, it's really interesting - C to Cmaj7 to Cadd 9, Asus2 to Asus4 to Am.  Looks cool.  But the song began as an etude (an exercise) created by Kerry Livgren to improve the dexterity of his pinky finger on his fretting hand.  So all the melodic movement happens on one string. It's a classic of simplicity.  Maybe goes in the top 30, but it won't beat anything out in the top 20, IMHO.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 11:52:51 AM
So I put on my bomb protective gear and had at it...

A very nice bomb indeed. I thought the bet was for a connie 5er but I ain't complaining.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/7f04c7244d21edd005892de40f0772d3.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/013a095d5b6f691a29c5a21d6709e303.jpg)
I'm glad it got to you safely. Enjoy a smoke on me
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 11:55:08 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, SticklerRaz.
I'm going to save the electric intros for another day.  I'm sure that list is more likely to rile me, and I don't have the time to write the essays it will provoke today.  It's band jam day.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 11:59:32 AM
[...]

Fair enough. I don't know much about music other than I like or dislike something. I listened to the electric guitar intros now and I am not angry at that one either. #1 was kind of funny but iconic to say the least.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 12:08:04 PM
Welcome to GuitarBanter. Thanks @Travellin Dave for the fodder.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 12:11:54 PM
why is murder illegal? 🙄
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 12:17:01 PM
why is murder illegal?
God gave Moses the Ten Commandments in the Book of Exodus on two tablets of stone on Mount Sinai to confirm the moral principles of the covenant between God and the Israelites.
Wasn't everything originally built off morale law?
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 12:25:46 PM
why is murder illegal? 🙄
Only recently learned that there is a Zone of Death, 50 sq mi Idaho section of Yellowstone National Park in which it isn't illegal. I also wonder whose jurisdiction is the middle of the ocean? Not that I have given this much thought. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 12:33:55 PM
why is murder illegal? 🙄
How far can you get in your kayak?
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 12:37:13 PM
why is murder illegal?
Because the government doesn't like competition.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 12:48:23 PM
I have another question for GuitarBanter. Why does Bret spell Rasgueado with a Z?
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 12:52:11 PM
why is murder illegal? 🙄
Only recently learned that there is a Zone of Death, 50 sq mi Idaho section of Yellowstone National Park in which it isn't illegal. I also wonder whose jurisdiction is the middle of the ocean? Not that I have given this much thought. Just sayin'.
ROAD TRIP!
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 12:53:23 PM
why is murder illegal?
Because the government doesn't like competition.
When our colonies were established. Did they not have the principals of Christianity in mind? Is kind of more what I meant to say
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 01:04:33 PM
Debate for Razman today.

Top 20 acoustic and electric guitar intros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UNuqYFP-pM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpY_9qY-j1g
I'm up to 12 (counting down) on the acoustic list and I am liking the list so far. Solsbury Hill and Pinball Wizard especially. Curious to see what didn't make the list. I will resume after my current meeting.
He deviates from his definition for "Pinball Wizard."  His definition of a great intro includes a melodic hook, and all of his examples have a melodic component, except that one which is just harmony.   It's a great acoustic intro, to be sure, but I'd have to tweak him about his definition at that point.
Yea, he is a little "flexible" with his own criteria, but nice lists in any case.  Generally (but not always) he picks one song from a band that would potentially have many worth candidates.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 01:11:54 PM
[...]

It was a welcomed deviation from the typical banter.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 01:12:18 PM

why is murder illegal?
God gave Moses the Ten Commandments in the Book of Exodus on two tablets of stone on Mount Sinai to confirm the moral principles of the covenant between God and the Israelites.
Wasn't everything originally built off morale law?

Well, yes and no. Moses' tablets didn't confirm the covenant, but are indeed a set of foundational moral principles. The covenant had been articulated centuries before Moses went up on Mt Sinai.

The moral impulse against murder is universal in humanity and is rooted in the Imago Dei. To kill without justifiable cause is to rebel against what defines us as human, which is that we have the fundamental intellectual capability and creativity of God, but are NOT God. To claim the authority of God to oneself is to defy God and the cosmos itself, and turns one into a "demon" incapable of accomplishing anything in the cosmos but to destroy. This is the significance of Moses' tablets - whether you believe the story or don't - those tablets articulate what it means to be human, rather than demonic, and and are the earliest such articulation I can find in history that defines humanity as something that is not derived from the interest of the State, or of society.

All earlier codes that we have found (Hammurabi, etc) defined morality in terms of the state's or society's interest. This is why the Ten Commandments have achieved the historical significance they have, regardless of belief in God.

Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 01:15:38 PM
I have another question for GuitarBanter. Why does Bret spell Rasgueado with a Z?
A rasgueado is a guitar technique. Raz Gueado is a name I created based on the name of the technique. Razgueado is that name represented according to certain limitations of the internet.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 01:30:26 PM
why is murder illegal?
Because the government doesn't like competition.
When our colonies were established. Did they not have the principals of Christianity in mind? Is kind of more what I meant to say

Some of the early colonists did, some didn't.

The principles originate in Judaism, and were refined by a sect of Judaism that came to be known as Christianity. Those principles did indeed come to have a profound impact on European civilization, and became something of a universal moral civics. But many philosophers sought to divorce them from the religions of Judaism and Christianity, and not unjustifiably so, because both religions focus at their core on the concept of Immanuel - "God with us" - but disagree on its meaning, and demanding conformity to a religion is unworkable in governing justly.

By the time of the Founders, most recognized the origins of the principles, some believed in the religions to greater or lesser degrees, and others believed the principles were simply self-evident.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 01:42:16 PM
I have another question for GuitarBanter. Why does Bret spell Rasgueado with a Z?
A rasgueado is a guitar technique. Raz Gueado is a name I created based on the name of the technique. Razgueado is that name represented according to certain limitations of the internet.
Whilst procrastinating, I watched some rasgueado videos on YouTube. Very cool.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 01:52:41 PM
why is murder illegal?
Because the government doesn't like competition.
When our colonies were established. Did they not have the principals of Christianity in mind? Is kind of more what I meant to say
But yes...Western Civilization began when St. Paul first crossed into Europe from Asia, bringing with him a novel concept of humanity that had been brilliantly articulated by a Jewish rabbi and that was hitherto little-known or embraced - the notion that humans have inherent significance, value and responsibility that supercedes the interests of the State.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 02:09:31 PM
From GuitarBanter to PhilosophyBanter.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 02:12:31 PM
Hey Raz. I've been taking a lot of interest in reading the bible in the past year. So much has been revealed to me that I really think we wouldn't have half the problems in this world if others took the same leap of faith.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 02:12:40 PM
why is murder illegal? 🙄
glad I asked. 😅
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 02:18:10 PM
A U.S. Marine enters the Catholic Church confessional booth in Portland, Oregon.
He  says, "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.  Last night, I beat the  ever living crap out of a flag burning, cop hating, anti-president protester."
The priest says, "My son, I am here to forgive your sins, not to discuss your community service."
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 02:22:56 PM
Feels like I'm getting out of here just in time. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 02:26:00 PM
From GuitarBanter to PhilosophyBanter.
It's an interesting exercise, to attempt to concisely expound my views on the origins and importance of Western Civilization in terms that recognize its religious origins without delving into the gospel that birthed it.

To attempt to completely divorce it from its origins is scientifically dishonest to a comical degree, but at the same time the viability of the principles does not depend on acceptance of the divinity of Jesus.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 02:44:36 PM
Hey Raz. I've been taking a lot of interest in reading the bible in the past year. So much has been revealed to me that I really think we wouldn't have half the problems in this world if others took the same leap of faith.
I can make it almost absurdly simple. The perfect society, and indeed the perfect existence, is one in which everyone looks first to the interest of everyone else rather than their own interests. In this way, the interest of everyone in the society is accounted for. This was inherent in the teaching of Jesus, but as Jesus pointed out can only be realized on the basis of utter faith in God, because so long as there is the fear of outrageous fortune, humans will exercise their instinct for self-preservation and aggrandizement to at least some degree. Short of utter faith, only compromise can be achieved, and that society will be best, and freest, that most faithully implements the compromises that support the inherent value of humans.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 03:12:06 PM
Chores done, time to start the weekend.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 03:14:07 PM
[...]
This is getting real deep.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 03:15:52 PM
Looks like most of the regulars, but as Figurado Friday at the Page.

https://www.cigarpage.com/fig-friyay-smorgasbord.html?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CP-K1-20210924Fr3-Bonus-Figurado-Friday%20%28TkAUnV%29&_kx=UZ_6vHujP57Wr0MyluIPwdz7Bu2MIBI8VGhCqdvZQ74%3D.MwExHP
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 03:16:26 PM
Chores done, time to start the weekend.
That's a good one. It is quite beautiful out right now but I didn't get the chance to go out and smoke one of my newly acquired cigars. I still have work to finish but let's see what the rest of the day will bring.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2021, 03:20:03 PM
[...]
And this is the root of all the disorder in the US at this time. Fear, anger, and self-justification rule the day. Some are desirous that the levers of government be utilized to quell the fear, others fear the levers of government. But the truth is, the government cannot solve the problem, because the only tools government ever has are bribery, theft, and intimidation. And these can only produce fear.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 03:40:14 PM
Looks like most of the regulars, but as Figurado Friday at the Page.

https://www.cigarpage.com/fig-friyay-smorgasbord.html?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CP-K1-20210924Fr3-Bonus-Figurado-Friday%20%28TkAUnV%29&_kx=UZ_6vHujP57Wr0MyluIPwdz7Bu2MIBI8VGhCqdvZQ74%3D.MwExHP
I think Rick was asking about to Victor Calvos. I don't believe they have anything to do with Victor Sinclair. I believe they are part of Cuenca Cigars.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 04:08:25 PM
Looks like most of the regulars, but as Figurado Friday at the Page.

https://www.cigarpage.com/fig-friyay-smorgasbord.html?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CP-K1-20210924Fr3-Bonus-Figurado-Friday%20%28TkAUnV%29&_kx=UZ_6vHujP57Wr0MyluIPwdz7Bu2MIBI8VGhCqdvZQ74%3D.MwExHP
I think Rick was asking about to Victor Calvos. I don't believe they have anything to do with Victor Sinclair. I believe they are part of Cuenca Cigars.
I was curious. Not sure I would try a Calvo but even the bands looked similar and not much can be found on them.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 04:11:51 PM
Chores done, time to start the weekend.
That's a good one. It is quite beautiful out right now but I didn't get the chance to go out and smoke one of my newly acquired cigars. I still have work to finish but let's see what the rest of the day will bring.
Tony I honestly don't know what cigars you are partial to. Hopefully you can find one that you have never had before or been a while since you've enjoyed. I enjoy all of the ones I sent and have had them many times. Shopping must be difficult for you?
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 04:39:49 PM
Chores done, time to start the weekend.
That's a good one. It is quite beautiful out right now but I didn't get the chance to go out and smoke one of my newly acquired cigars. I still have work to finish but let's see what the rest of the day will bring.
Tony I honestly don't know what cigars you are partial to. Hopefully you can find one that you have never had before or been a while since you've enjoyed. I enjoy all of the ones I sent and have had them many times. Shopping must be difficult for you?
People shopping for you.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 04:48:14 PM
Chores done, time to start the weekend.
That's a good one. It is quite beautiful out right now but I didn't get the chance to go out and smoke one of my newly acquired cigars. I still have work to finish but let's see what the rest of the day will bring.
Tony I honestly don't know what cigars you are partial to. Hopefully you can find one that you have never had before or been a while since you've enjoyed. I enjoy all of the ones I sent and have had them many times. Shopping must be difficult for you?
People shopping for you.
I'm easy. I'll smoke anything. But seriously, even the the cigars out of that bunch that I have tried, not in that size. Looking forward to trying the La Galera in the corona, for example. Also haven't tried that Onyx yet and I've been wanting to. Also very curious about the Diesel. In a nutshell, you did really well. Thank you.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 04:53:15 PM
[...]
I am glad you are happy. I really like that Romeo San Andreas too. That cigar has a bit more natural sweetness where as the Onyx I do find a bit bold but in a good way.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 04:54:21 PM
Still one of Rocky's finest.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/9fe3279bd026ef311b86c73264699f6d.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 06:31:44 PM
 dessert.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2021, 06:33:17 PM
@Rick.
did you see my post about your 'mechanicals'? did you get everything installed and working okay?
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 07:33:00 PM
dessert.
That looks rather nice. Enjoy your chocolate bar, Deano.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 07:33:41 PM
@Rick.
did you see my post about your 'mechanicals'? did you get everything installed and working okay?
I'm pretty sure he was going to take a week off, maybe in October, to take care of that.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 07:39:55 PM
@Rick.
did you see my post about your 'mechanicals'? did you get everything installed and working okay?
Yes and no. I'm replacing my furnace and air conditioning system. My old unit is an r22 and I have to go to a 410 system. All new. I'm taking a week off. Vacation
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 07:42:01 PM
What Tony said...next week. Checking over my parts I need while....(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210924/3d5c77b6f496d1b5fa7c11f26f82ee47.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 24, 2021, 08:00:17 PM
Great start for the Yankees
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 08:27:36 PM
Friday evening.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 08:28:45 PM
Great start for the Yankees
Yankees looking good although I'm  watching Virginia and Wake Forest.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 09:13:06 PM
Mi Barrio

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210925/29e632c9240a1ed6ed02161984187626.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 09:31:15 PM
Great start for the Yankees
Indeed. Let's hope they can keep it together. Not a lot of games left
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 09:32:02 PM
Friday evening.
I like this cigar a lot. I used to buy tons of them.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 09:32:55 PM
Mi Barrio

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210925/29e632c9240a1ed6ed02161984187626.jpg)
I found one in the humidor the other day. Can't wait to smoke it.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 24, 2021, 10:06:30 PM
Mi Barrio

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210925/29e632c9240a1ed6ed02161984187626.jpg)
I found one in the humidor the other day. Can't wait to smoke it.
I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2021, 10:09:43 PM
Mi Barrio

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210925/29e632c9240a1ed6ed02161984187626.jpg)
I found one in the humidor the other day. Can't wait to smoke it.
I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I'll be disappointed if I only have the one.
Title: Re: 9/24/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2021, 10:27:37 PM
Tasty AJ time.