CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 09, 2020, 12:01:58 AM

Title: 7/9/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on July 09, 2020, 12:01:58 AM
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 09, 2020, 05:45:25 AM
Morning, all.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 06:01:32 AM
Morning, all.
goid morning Dave.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 06:03:11 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 09, 2020, 06:31:11 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 07:57:30 AM
Good morning, turkeys.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 08:00:17 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
I think he should take them all the way home. They might make better pets than the cats. Speaking of which, I can't even imagine what Dean has waiting for him.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 09, 2020, 08:06:09 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
I think he should take them all the way home. They might make better pets than the cats. Speaking of which, I can't even imagine what Dean has waiting for him.
Plus, he won't need to worry about them taking up space in his many coolers. Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 08:40:55 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
nothing to it. the Mennonites will have them ready by noon.
this is half of what we brought.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 08:42:42 AM
Another early start for me today. I was just productive enough to deserve some me time. Out in the yard now with another La Palina Red Label.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/54968a93325a4a90a04faeda9bd0b303.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 09, 2020, 08:44:44 AM
Another early start for me today. I was just productive enough to deserve some me time. Out in the yard now with another La Palina Red Label.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/54968a93325a4a90a04faeda9bd0b303.jpg)
You had the perfect chance to enjoy a Fighting Cock! Still a good choice, though.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 08:44:52 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
nothing to it. the Mennonites will have them ready by noon.
this is half of what we brought.
I hope that trailer isn't a rental.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 08:45:50 AM
Another early start for me today. I was just productive enough to deserve some me time. Out in the yard now with another La Palina Red Label.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/54968a93325a4a90a04faeda9bd0b303.jpg)
You had the perfect chance to enjoy a Fighting Cock! Still a good choice, though.
Don't have any of those in stock but I like the way you think.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 09:01:29 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
nothing to it. the Mennonites will have them ready by noon.
this is half of what we brought.
I hope that trailer isn't a rental.
one of son in laws landscaping trailers
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 10:01:00 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
nothing to it. the Mennonites will have them ready by noon.
this is half of what we brought.
I hope that trailer isn't a rental.
one of son in laws landscaping trailers
In any case, enjoy your day. When are you getting back on the road? Will you stop by to see Rick before you leave?
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 10:04:24 AM
Another early start for me today. I was just productive enough to deserve some me time. Out in the yard now with another La Palina Red Label.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/54968a93325a4a90a04faeda9bd0b303.jpg)
I had a great burn going until it reached the main label. Then I couldn't draw worth shit and the stick canoed. Oh well. I guess it was about time to get back to work anyway.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 09, 2020, 10:10:24 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
nothing to it. the Mennonites will have them ready by noon.
this is half of what we brought.
They have that "something's up, and it's not good" look on their faces.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 09, 2020, 10:12:09 AM
Good morning OneDave, BumStickTony, and TurkeyWranglingDean.  Another hot and dry day in store here.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 09, 2020, 10:37:52 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 10:39:59 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
nothing to it. the Mennonites will have them ready by noon.
this is half of what we brought.
I hope that trailer isn't a rental.
one of son in laws landscaping trailers
In any case, enjoy your day. When are you getting back on the road? Will you stop by to see Rick before you leave?
seeing the grandkids tonight, heading back tomorrow morning. I've taken too many chances as it is.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 10:50:53 AM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
That should smell wonderful!
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 10:54:16 AM
Another early start for me today. I was just productive enough to deserve some me time. Out in the yard now with another La Palina Red Label.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/54968a93325a4a90a04faeda9bd0b303.jpg)
You had the perfect chance to enjoy a Fighting Cock! Still a good choice, though.
TWSS?
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 10:56:17 AM
Good day TomTurkeyDean, ACCycleDave, GotOneInTony and AnotherDayOlderBean.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 11:00:55 AM
Today is Thursday, July 9, the 191st day of 2020. There are 175 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On July 9, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was read aloud to Gen. George Washington’s troops in New York.

On this date:
In 1755, British General Edward Braddock was mortally wounded as his troops suffered a massive defeat during the French and Indian War (he died four days later).
In 1816, Argentina declared independence from Spain.

In 1850, the 12th president of the United States, Zachary Taylor, died after serving only 16 months of his term. (He was succeeded by Millard Fillmore.)
In 1918, 101 people were killed in a train collision in Nashville, Tennessee. The Distinguished Service Cross was established by an Act of Congress.

In 1937, a fire at 20th Century Fox’s film storage facility in Little Ferry, New Jersey, destroyed most of the studio’s silent films.
In 1943, during World War II, the Allies launched Operation Husky, the invasion of Sicily.
In 1947, the engagement of Britain’s Princess Elizabeth to Lt. Philip Mountbatten was announced.

In 1965, the Sonny & Cher single “I Got You Babe” was released by ATCO Records.
In 1974, former U.S. Chief Justice Earl Warren died in Washington at age 83.
In 1982, Pan Am Flight 759, a Boeing 727, crashed in Kenner, Louisiana, shortly after takeoff from New Orleans International Airport, killing all 145 people aboard and eight people on the ground.

In 1992, Democrat Bill Clinton tapped Tennessee Sen. Al Gore to be his running mate. Former CBS News commentator Eric Sevareid died in Washington at age 79.
In 2004, a Senate Intelligence Committee report concluded the CIA had provided unfounded assessments of the threat posed by Iraq that the Bush administration had relied on to justify going to war.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 11:01:58 AM
Ten years ago: The largest U.S.-Russia spy swap since the Cold War took place on a remote stretch of Vienna airport tarmac as planes from New York and Moscow arrived within minutes of each other with 10 Russian sleeper agents and four prisoners accused by Russia of spying for the West.

Five years ago: South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley relegated the Confederate flag to the state’s “relic room” after the legislature passed a measure removing the flag from the grounds of the Statehouse in the wake of the slaughter of nine African-Americans at a church Bible study. The Obama administration said hackers had stolen Social Security numbers, health histories and other highly sensitive data from more than 21 million people, acknowledging that the breach of U.S. government computer systems was far more severe than previously disclosed. Saudi Arabia’s Prince Saud al-Faisal, who had been the world’s longest-serving foreign minister with 40 years in the post until his retirement earlier in the year, died at age 75.

One year ago: Billionaire H. Ross Perot, who ran for president as a third-party candidate in 1992, died at his home in Dallas; he was 89. A federal appeals court said President Donald Trump was violating the First Amendment any time he blocked a critic on Twitter to silence a viewpoint; the court warned that any elected official who uses social media for “all manner of official purposes” can’t then exclude critics without violating free-speech protections. Actor Rip Torn, an Emmy winner for “The Larry Sanders Show,” died at 88. The American League won its seventh straight baseball All-Star Game, 4-3 over the National League, as American League pitchers combined to strike out 16 batters.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 11:06:04 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor-singer Ed Ames is 93.
Former Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld is 88.
Actor James Hampton is 84.
Actor Richard Roundtree is 78.
Singer Dee Dee Kenniebrew (The Crystals) is 75.
Author Dean Koontz is 75.
Football Hall of Famer O.J. Simpson is 73.
Actor Chris Cooper is 69.
TV personality John Tesh is 68.
Country singer David Ball is 67.
Business executive/TV personality Kevin O’Leary (TV: “Shark Tank”) is 66.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Debbie Sledge (Sister Sledge) is 66.
Actor Jimmy Smits is 65.
Actress Lisa Banes is 65.
Actor Tom Hanks is 64.
Singer Marc Almond is 63.
Actress Kelly McGillis is 63.
Rock singer Jim Kerr (Simple Minds) is 61.
Actress-rock singer Courtney Love is 56.
Rock musician Frank Bello (Anthrax) is 55.
Actor David O’Hara is 55. Actress Pamela Adlon is 54.
Rock musician Xavier Muriel is 52.
Actor Scott Grimes is 49.
Actor Enrique Murciano is 47.
Rock singer-musician Isaac Brock (Modest Mouse) is 45.
Musician/producer Jack White is 45.
Rock musician Dan Estrin (Hoobastank) is 44.
Actor-director Fred Savage is 44.
Country musician Pat Allingham is 42.
Actress Linda Park is 42.
Actress Megan Parlen is 40.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Kiely Williams (3lw) is 34.
Actor Mitchel (cq) Musso is 29.
Actress Georgie Henley is 25.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 11:09:27 AM
[...]

Kelly McGillis is 63?   :o  Put that one in the not aged well category.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 11:09:58 AM
Morning LeftCoastRaz.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 09, 2020, 11:12:18 AM
[...]

Thank you for not posting the "today" photo.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 09, 2020, 11:19:24 AM
Morning LeftCoastRaz.
Achtung, baby.  From the fascist state of Absurdity.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 09, 2020, 11:21:32 AM
[...]

But now how will TurkeyDean get his fix?
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 11:55:22 AM
morning Dave, Mark, and Raz.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 12:05:07 PM
[...]

Yowza. You made me look.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 12:09:28 PM
[...]

Jesus Christ I wished I hadn't look.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 12:15:37 PM
That's a heck of a transformation.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 09, 2020, 12:17:22 PM
morning Dave, Mark, and Raz.
Morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 12:29:18 PM
morning Dave, Mark, and Raz.
Morning, Deano.
Howdy, Raz.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 09, 2020, 01:03:20 PM
[...]

Same here. All I can say is she IS 63. That's grandma age there, so we can't expect her to look too good. Though, I wasn't expecting such a drop-off. Lol
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 09, 2020, 01:05:30 PM
morning Dave, Mark, and Raz.
Morning, Deano.
Howdy, Raz.
Morning, Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 01:06:34 PM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
nothing to it. the Mennonites will have them ready by noon.
this is half of what we brought.
They have that "something's up, and it's not good" look on their faces.
just had to wrangle the donkey and ram, they knocked down the fence. good waste of a few hours.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 01:07:54 PM
[...]

Ed Ames looks better.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 09, 2020, 01:33:41 PM
[...]

Buh-zing!
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 02:25:18 PM
That's a heck of a transformation.
Couldnt you just take my word for it?  I was trying to save you from that.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 02:26:35 PM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
nothing to it. the Mennonites will have them ready by noon.
this is half of what we brought.
They have that "something's up, and it's not good" look on their faces.
just had to wrangle the donkey and ram, they knocked down the fence. good waste of a few hours.
Good substitute for the exercise you'd get from an average redhead sounds like.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 02:27:43 PM
Here come Da Judge!
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 09, 2020, 02:32:29 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 02:43:22 PM
Just went out to take my daughter to an appointment. Sheesh, it's hot. You can fry an egg on the cement, it's so caliente.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 09, 2020, 02:55:06 PM
Just went out to take my daughter to an appointment. Sheesh, it's hot. You can fry an egg on the cement, it's so caliente.
(https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/59998504.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 09, 2020, 03:11:56 PM
Just went out to take my daughter to an appointment. Sheesh, it's hot. You can fry an egg on the cement, it's so caliente.
(https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/59998504.jpg)
Haha. My sons are attempting to watch all 30 (or so) seasons of the Simpsons before they go back to school. They're making good progress. I'm so proud.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 09, 2020, 03:19:24 PM
I have to go back and get caught up but I'm a little preoccupied (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/887bcbba866d266c9f6c94bb017d4794.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 09, 2020, 03:30:10 PM
I have to go back and get caught up but I'm a little preoccupied
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/887bcbba866d266c9f6c94bb017d4794.jpg)
Those chillers must be crankin'!
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 09, 2020, 03:32:53 PM
Just went out to take my daughter to an appointment. Sheesh, it's hot. You can fry an egg on the cement, it's so caliente.
(https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/59998504.jpg)
Haha. My sons are attempting to watch all 30 (or so) seasons of the Simpsons before they go back to school. They're making good progress. I'm so proud.
(https://i.gifer.com/Oa9.gif)
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 09, 2020, 03:36:22 PM
Man cave time
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/683421298e40e089278553b45fceba78.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 09, 2020, 04:15:04 PM
I gotta quit smoking. 😣
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 09, 2020, 08:18:36 PM
getting ready to load live turkeys in the trailer to haul to the butcher.
grandkids coming later today, my trip will be complete.
The mental image of you trying to wrangle turkeys into a trailer made my Thursday. Morning, Dean.
nothing to it. the Mennonites will have them ready by noon.
this is half of what we brought.
I hope that trailer isn't a rental.
one of son in laws landscaping trailers
In any case, enjoy your day. When are you getting back on the road? Will you stop by to see Rick before you leave?
seeing the grandkids tonight, heading back tomorrow morning. I've taken too many chances as it is.
I hope you don't take home all the good weather.
I hope you have a safe trip. I am glad you are having a good time with your family.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 08:19:39 PM
I have to go back and get caught up but I'm a little preoccupied (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/887bcbba866d266c9f6c94bb017d4794.jpg)
Gotta get ready for that tropical storm heading your way this weekend.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 08:20:21 PM
I gotta quit smoking. 😣
Why?  The turkeys complaining?
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 09, 2020, 08:21:14 PM
Man cave time
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/683421298e40e089278553b45fceba78.jpg)
I still have a bunch of those.
I reached for a well aged hoyo black.
Still beautiful outside.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 08:21:55 PM
Man cave time
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/683421298e40e089278553b45fceba78.jpg)
Give that air handling system a real test.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 08:22:41 PM
Friday eve!
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 09, 2020, 08:25:08 PM
I have to go back and get caught up but I'm a little preoccupied (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/887bcbba866d266c9f6c94bb017d4794.jpg)
Gotta get ready for that tropical storm heading your way this weekend.
We broke a record for 98 second highest ever.To follow along with the lake temperature, click this link to NWS Buffalo! On Thursday, Buffalo also tacked on another 90-degree (or hotter) day. The high temperature marks 7 straight days of Buffalo getting to 90 degrees or warmer, which ties the record stretch set in 1988.
Title: Re: 7/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 09, 2020, 11:38:03 PM
I have to go back and get caught up but I'm a little preoccupied (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200709/887bcbba866d266c9f6c94bb017d4794.jpg)
Gotta get ready for that tropical storm heading your way this weekend.
We broke a record for 98 second highest ever.To follow along with the lake temperature, click this link to NWS Buffalo! On Thursday, Buffalo also tacked on another 90-degree (or hotter) day. The high temperature marks 7 straight days of Buffalo getting to 90 degrees or warmer, which ties the record stretch set in 1988.
No global warming here!