CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 24, 2018, 12:18:03 AM

Title: 9/24/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on September 24, 2018, 12:18:03 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 05:32:50 AM
I ❤ Mondays!
good morning, EPC 2nd and coffee.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 06:01:05 AM
politics has hit an all new low. I don't ever remember so much 'dirt' thrown around.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 06:06:35 AM
politics has hit an all new low. I don't ever remember so much 'dirt' thrown around.
Not a new thing at all.  Google "mudraking".

Morning, Dean
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 06:08:14 AM
https://study.com/academy/lesson/political-mudslinging-definition-examples.html
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 06:12:12 AM
politics has hit an all new low. I don't ever remember so much 'dirt' thrown around.
Not a new thing at all.  Google "mudraking".

Morning, Dean
morning Mark.
I was referring to an article in the NY Times where Stormy Daniels lawyer has women to come forward accusing Kavanaugh of 'whipping out and showing his penis', 'gang rapes', and 'trains'.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 06:25:08 AM
politics has hit an all new low. I don't ever remember so much 'dirt' thrown around.
Not a new thing at all.  Google "mudraking".

Morning, Dean
morning Mark.
I was referring to an article in the NY Times where Stormy Daniels lawyer has women to come forward accusing Kavanaugh of 'whipping out and showing his penis', 'gang rapes', and 'trains'.
The practice received its name from Teddy Roosevelt in a 1906 speech, though I will agree, Stormy and company have driven it to a new depth.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 06:35:27 AM
politics has hit an all new low. I don't ever remember so much 'dirt' thrown around.
Not a new thing at all.  Google "mudraking".

Morning, Dean
morning Mark.
I was referring to an article in the NY Times where Stormy Daniels lawyer has women to come forward accusing Kavanaugh of 'whipping out and showing his penis', 'gang rapes', and 'trains'.
The practice received its name from Teddy Roosevelt in a 1906 speech, though I will agree, Stormy and company have driven it to a new depth.
I got to stay away from the news.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 06:42:35 AM
Good morning, Dean and Mark.

Boy did that weekend go by quickly. Mind you, I'm not complaining.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 06:43:17 AM
politics has hit an all new low. I don't ever remember so much 'dirt' thrown around.
Not a new thing at all.  Google "mudraking".

Morning, Dean
morning Mark.
I was referring to an article in the NY Times where Stormy Daniels lawyer has women to come forward accusing Kavanaugh of 'whipping out and showing his penis', 'gang rapes', and 'trains'.
The practice received its name from Teddy Roosevelt in a 1906 speech, though I will agree, Stormy and company have driven it to a new depth.
I got to stay away from the news.
And now that the "interview" won't take place until Thursday the drive-by's will talk about nothing else ad nauseam.  Yes, you're better staying in the hot tub.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 06:43:25 AM
politics has hit an all new low. I don't ever remember so much 'dirt' thrown around.
Not a new thing at all.  Google "mudraking".

Morning, Dean
morning Mark.
I was referring to an article in the NY Times where Stormy Daniels lawyer has women to come forward accusing Kavanaugh of 'whipping out and showing his penis', 'gang rapes', and 'trains'.
The practice received its name from Teddy Roosevelt in a 1906 speech, though I will agree, Stormy and company have driven it to a new depth.
Pun intended?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 06:45:05 AM
Good morning, Dean and Mark.

Boy did that weekend go by quickly. Mind you, I'm not complaining.
But you have that satisfying sense of accomplishment from all those completed chores, right?  Morning, Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 06:47:05 AM
Good morning, Dean and Mark.

Boy did that weekend go by quickly. Mind you, I'm not complaining.
good morning Tony.
do your part keeping the UN running smoothly.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 06:53:54 AM
Good morning, Dean and Mark.

Boy did that weekend go by quickly. Mind you, I'm not complaining.
But you have that satisfying sense of accomplishment from all those completed chores, right?  Morning, Mr. Mayor.
I actually do.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 06:57:48 AM
Good morning, Dean and Mark.

Boy did that weekend go by quickly. Mind you, I'm not complaining.
good morning Tony.
do your part keeping the UN running smoothly.
I do my best to make sure my small part contributes in a positive way.

Currently building a new website for the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. If this ultimately helps them to more effectively help others, I'll sleep better at night.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 06:59:57 AM
Attorney Michael Avenatti claimed he has evidence that Brett Kavanaugh, nominee for the Supreme Court, participated in sexual misconduct in high school.
He said that at multiple house parties in the early 1980s, Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge plied women with alcohol and drugs "in order to allow a 'train' of men to subsequently gang rape them."
His claim comes the same night The New Yorker published allegations from Deborah Ramirez, who said Kavanaugh exposed himself to her at a party when they were students at Yale University.

Attorney Michael Avenatti added to the storm of sexual misconduct allegations against Brett Kavanaugh on Sunday, claiming he has "significant evidence" that the Supreme Court nominee participated in sexual misconduct in high school.

In an email to Mike Davis, the chief counsel for nominations for the Senate Judiciary Committee, Avenatti said he had evidence that at house parties in the early 1980s, Kavanaugh, his friend Mark Judge, and others plied women with alcohol and drugs "in order to allow a 'train' of men to subsequently gang rape them."

Avenatti did not identify any witnesses or disclose more details about the alleged incidents. He tweeted a screenshot of the email Sunday evening after announcing he represented a woman with "credible information" about Kavanaugh and Judge.

Avenatti elaborated to Politico later on Sunday that he represents a group of people, including one victim and multiple witnesses, who can corroborate allegations involving Kavanaugh and Judge.

Also on Sunday, The New Yorker published an allegation from Deborah Ramirez, a former Yale University classmate of Kavanaugh's, who claimed Kavanaugh exposed himself to her at a dorm-room party during the 1983-84 school year. Avenatti clarified that his client was not Ramirez.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 07:09:15 AM
TRAVEL NOT ADVISED IN PORTIONS OF SOUTHEASTERN NORTH CAROLINA
ACCESS TO WILMINGTON POSSIBLE

I-95 REOPENS IN NORTH CAROLINA
All of I-95 is now open in North Carolina.

I-40 remains closed from NC 41 (Exit 385) to Wilmington.

Travel in much of southeastern NC is still affected by flooding.

Motorists may reach these cities by the following routes:
Wilmington
from the south via US 17
from the north via I-40 east to NC 24 east (Exit 373) to US 17 south
from Fayetteville via NC 87 to US 701 south to NC 211 east  to US 74 east
Jacksonville via I-40 to NC 24 (Exit 373)
Kinston via NC 11 south from Greenville
New Bern via US 17 south from Washington
Havelock and Morehead City via US 17 in Washington to New Bern, then take US 70 East

NCDOT advises motorists to avoid travel in these counties due to flooding and roads and bridges that have been washed out:  Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, Jones, Lenoir, Pender, Robeson, Sampson, Scotland, and southeastern Wayne (south of 70 Business and east of US 117)

Although water has receded on some roads, the roads and bridges may be damaged and the road closures are still in effect.  Signage should be adhered to.  DO NOT GO AROUND OR MOVE BARRICADES.  If a road is closed it is closed for a reason.
Although water is receding on some roads, the roads and bridges may be damaged and the road closures are still in effect.  Signage should be adhered to.  DO NOT GO AROUND OR MOVE BARRICADES.  If a road is closed it is closed for a reason.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 07:10:57 AM
[...]

Didn't we just say we were going to start ignoring this circus?  You must be going through a drama lull.  ::)
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 07:23:59 AM
[...]

yeah, better fix some sausage and eggs for breakfast, and jump in the hot tub.
don't know why it's bothering so much.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 07:29:01 AM
[...]

You're jealous about all the partying you missed out on?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 07:35:15 AM
Water level rose a foot last night, probably close to 3’ more to go between now and Wednesday
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 07:47:15 AM
Picture does not do them justice but these are Wild Swans that showed up yesterday.  They are huge birds with wing spans often reaching 5-6’.  Amazing birds.

Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 08:05:13 AM
Sorry I'm late with today in history and birthdays...wont be able to get to it till the afternoon...currently at the airport.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 08:06:29 AM
Keep them wanders at the ready there CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 08:10:30 AM
Morning Tony, Dean, UpAndAtemBean and HighwaterDave.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 08:13:51 AM
Just saw a video of fish left all over I-40 by receding waters. Having to use fire trucks to "power wash " the highway.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 08:16:35 AM
Just saw a video of fish left all over I-40 by receding waters. Having to use fire trucks to "power wash " the highway.
Bet that smells great!
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 08:17:11 AM
Sorry I'm late with today in history and birthdays...wont be able to get to it till the afternoon...currently at the airport.
Good Morning, TravellinAgainDave. Where you headed this week?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 08:32:45 AM
Cracker Crumb lit
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 08:39:21 AM
Sorry I'm late with today in history and birthdays...wont be able to get to it till the afternoon...currently at the airport.
Tell the pilot to get you there safely. We'll wait.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 08:42:50 AM
Just saw a video of fish left all over I-40 by receding waters. Having to use fire trucks to "power wash " the highway.
Bet that smells great!
I'm thinking it smells like a freshly made cioppino. No?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 09:11:28 AM
Fish stew lull?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 09:35:20 AM
Fish stew lull?
Apparently so, if that's cioppino is.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 09:39:38 AM
Fish stew lull?
Apparently so, if that's cioppino is.
You haven't lived!
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 09:58:31 AM
Water just topped our sea wall and is at a new all time record high and rising about an inch/hour
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 09:59:11 AM
Fish stew lull?
Apparently so, if that's cioppino is.
You haven't lived!
Even better I haven’t died either
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2018, 10:15:47 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 10:39:56 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Yup. How was your weekend, Raz?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 10:49:26 AM
Water just topped our sea wall and is at a new all time record high and rising about an inch/hour
and I'm sure you have tons of debris floating downstream.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 10:50:08 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2018, 10:51:59 AM

Morning, muchachos.
Yup. How was your weekend, Raz?

Busy and short. But the Seahawks won, so call it good. And yours?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2018, 10:52:16 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.
Morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 10:52:33 AM
Water just topped our sea wall and is at a new all time record high and rising about an inch/hour
and I'm sure you have tons of debris floating downstream.
More than tons, I have already seen 3 complete docks float by among the timbers, gas cans, pool toys and ice chests
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 10:56:37 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Happy Monday, Razermundo.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 24, 2018, 10:57:16 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Happy Monday, Razermundo.
Happy Monday. Can I go home now?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 11:00:14 AM

Morning, muchachos.
Yup. How was your weekend, Raz?

Busy and short. But the Seahawks won, so call it good. And yours?
Busy but really good. No complaints here.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 11:06:51 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Happy Monday, Razermundo.
Happy Monday. Can I go home now?
It's not that happy.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 11:46:42 AM
It's happy enough. I'm gonna go find some lunch.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 12:13:55 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good. 😡
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 12:26:03 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good. 😡
Yep, it sure is
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 12:26:56 PM
time to build shish kabobs.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 12:27:11 PM
Water just topped our sea wall and is at a new all time record high and rising about an inch/hour
and I'm sure you have tons of debris floating downstream.
More than tons, I have already seen 3 complete docks float by among the timbers, gas cans, pool toys and ice chests
Sadly some poor souls furniture is floating by now.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 12:56:02 PM
Water just topped our sea wall and is at a new all time record high and rising about an inch/hour
and I'm sure you have tons of debris floating downstream.
More than tons, I have already seen 3 complete docks float by among the timbers, gas cans, pool toys and ice chests
Sadly some poor souls furniture is floating by now.
And there goes the rocking chair
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 12:57:03 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good.
You should pay by money order instead.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 24, 2018, 12:57:34 PM
Water just topped our sea wall and is at a new all time record high and rising about an inch/hour
and I'm sure you have tons of debris floating downstream.
More than tons, I have already seen 3 complete docks float by among the timbers, gas cans, pool toys and ice chests
Sadly some poor souls furniture is floating by now.
And there goes the rocking chair
As long as no one is in it.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 01:01:53 PM
Water just topped our sea wall and is at a new all time record high and rising about an inch/hour
and I'm sure you have tons of debris floating downstream.
More than tons, I have already seen 3 complete docks float by among the timbers, gas cans, pool toys and ice chests
Sadly some poor souls furniture is floating by now.
And there goes the rocking chair
Damn your eyes are good. Kudos to that surgeon. I had to zoom in and finally found it.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 01:22:05 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good.
You should pay by money order instead.
that's a monthly pain. this is a yearly pain.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 01:42:57 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good.
You should pay by money order instead.
that's a monthly pain. this is a yearly pain.
You're spoiled, old man. What are you bitching about? You've got nothing but time. At this age you should be planning your day around taking a good shit. Now light a cigar and go soak in the hot tub.

It's Tuesday, isn't it?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 01:47:24 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good.
You should pay by money order instead.
that's a monthly pain. this is a yearly pain.
You're spoiled, old man. What are you bitching about? You've got nothing but time. At this age you should be planning your day around taking a good shit. Now light a cigar and go soak in the hot tub.

It's Tuesday, isn't it?
GFY from all the Old People!
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 01:59:37 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good.
You should pay by money order instead.
that's a monthly pain. this is a yearly pain.
You're spoiled, old man. What are you bitching about? You've got nothing but time. At this age you should be planning your day around taking a good shit. Now light a cigar and go soak in the hot tub.

It's Tuesday, isn't it?
..... but now I don't have to worry about any of my bills until next year. can you say that?
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 02:01:07 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good.
You should pay by money order instead.
that's a monthly pain. this is a yearly pain.
You're spoiled, old man. What are you bitching about? You've got nothing but time. At this age you should be planning your day around taking a good shit. Now light a cigar and go soak in the hot tub.

It's Tuesday, isn't it?
GFY from all the Old People!
thank you Dave.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 02:08:48 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good.
You should pay by money order instead.
that's a monthly pain. this is a yearly pain.
You're spoiled, old man. What are you bitching about? You've got nothing but time. At this age you should be planning your day around taking a good shit. Now light a cigar and go soak in the hot tub.

It's Tuesday, isn't it?
GFY from all the Old People!
I'll gladly accept that.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 02:09:44 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good.
You should pay by money order instead.
that's a monthly pain. this is a yearly pain.
You're spoiled, old man. What are you bitching about? You've got nothing but time. At this age you should be planning your day around taking a good shit. Now light a cigar and go soak in the hot tub.

It's Tuesday, isn't it?
..... but now I don't have to worry about any of my bills until next year. can you say that?
I CAN SAY THAT! It won't be true but I can say it.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 02:22:42 PM
pain in the ass when you have to change your auto pay account information when your bank issues you a new card and the other is no good.
You should pay by money order instead.
that's a monthly pain. this is a yearly pain.
You're spoiled, old man. What are you bitching about? You've got nothing but time. At this age you should be planning your day around taking a good shit. Now light a cigar and go soak in the hot tub.

It's Tuesday, isn't it?
..... but now I don't have to worry about any of my bills until next year. can you say that?
I CAN SAY THAT! It won't be true but I can say it.
😅
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 02:25:27 PM
kabobs sucked, meet tougher than anything I ever had. think they passed off stew meat for sirloin tips. got some raw meat left and the container it came in, going back to store.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 02:28:52 PM
Water just topped our sea wall and is at a new all time record high and rising about an inch/hour
and I'm sure you have tons of debris floating downstream.
More than tons, I have already seen 3 complete docks float by among the timbers, gas cans, pool toys and ice chests
Sadly some poor souls furniture is floating by now.
As long a s the poor soul isn't with the furniture.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 24, 2018, 02:29:40 PM
kabobs sucked, meet tougher than anything I ever had. think they passed off stew meat for sirloin tips. got some raw meat left and the container it came in, going back to store.
Here's hoping the check-out girl is as hot as your avi...
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 02:38:12 PM
Today is Monday, Sept. 24, the 267th day of 2018. There are 98 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On September 24, 1789, President George Washington signed a Judiciary Act establishing America's federal court system and creating the post of attorney general.

On this date:

In 1869, thousands of businessmen were ruined in a Wall Street panic known as "Black Friday" after financiers Jay Gould and James Fisk attempted to corner the gold market.

In 1890, the president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Wilford Woodruff, wrote a manifesto renouncing the practice of plural marriage, or polygamy.

In 1896, author F. Scott Fitzgerald was born in St. Paul, Minnesota.

In 1934, Babe Ruth made his farewell appearance as a player with the New York Yankees in a game against the Boston Red Sox. (The Sox won, 5-0.)

In 1955, President Dwight D. Eisenhower suffered a heart attack while on vacation in Denver.

In 1960, the USS Enterprise, the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, was launched at Newport News, Virginia. "The Howdy Doody Show" ended a nearly 13-year run with its final telecast on NBC.

In 1968, the TV news magazine "60 Minutes" premiered on CBS; the undercover police drama "The Mod Squad" premiered on ABC.

In 1976, former hostage Patricia Hearst was sentenced to seven years in prison for her part in a 1974 bank robbery in San Francisco carried out by the Symbionese Liberation Army. (Hearst was released after 22 months after receiving clemency from President Jimmy Carter.)

In 1988, Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson won the men's 100-meter dash at the Seoul Summer Olympics -- but he was disqualified three days later for using anabolic steroids. Members of the eastern Massachusetts Episcopal diocese elected Barbara C. Harris the first female bishop in the church's history.

In 1991, kidnappers in Lebanon freed British hostage Jack Mann after holding him captive for more than two years. Children's author Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, died in La Jolla, Calif., at age 87.

In 1996, the United States and 70 other countries became the first to sign a treaty at the United Nations to end all testing and development of nuclear weapons. (The Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty has yet to enter into force because of the refusal so far of eight nations -- including the United States -- to ratify it.)

In 2007, United Auto Workers walked off the job at General Motors plants in the first nationwide strike during auto contract negotiations since 1976; a tentative pact ended the walkout two days later.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 02:38:35 PM
Ten years ago: Officials reopened Galveston, Texas, to residents who were warned about Hurricane Ike's debris and disruption of utilities. Japanese lawmakers elected Taro Aso, leader of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party, prime minister.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama and new Iranian President Hasan Rouhani appeared separately before the U.N. General Assembly, with both leaders speaking up for improved relations and a resumption of stalled nuclear talks, but giving no ground on long-held positions that had scuttled previous attempts to break the impasse. Kenya's president proclaimed victory over the terrorists who'd stormed a Nairobi mall following a bloody four-day siege in which dozens of civilians were killed. A powerful 7.7-magnitude earthquake rocked southwest Pakistan, killing at least 376 people. Tea party conservative Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, began an old-style filibuster lasting nearly 22 hours over President Barack Obama's health care law.

One year ago: More than 200 NFL players kneeled or sat during the national anthem after President Donald Trump criticized the players' protests in a speech and a series of tweets. Trump signed a proclamation to replace his expiring travel ban on visitors from six Muslim-majority countries; citizens from eight countries would now face new restrictions on entry to the country. German Chancellor Angela Merkel won a fourth term in office, but voters weakened her conservatives and a nationalist, anti-migrant party surged into Germany's parliament.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 02:39:40 PM
Thought for Today: "There was never a nation great until it came to the knowledge that it had nowhere in the world to go for help." -- Charles Dudley Warner, American author and editor (1829-1900).
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 02:46:20 PM
Today’s Birthdays:

Rhythm-and-blues singer Sonny Turner (The Platters) is 78.
Singer Barbara Allbut Brown (The Angels) is 77.
Singer Phyllis “Jiggs” Allbut Sirico (The Angels) is 75.
Singer Gerry Marsden (Gerry and the Pacemakers) is 75.
Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Joe Greene is 71.
Actor Gordon Clapp is 69.
Actress Harriet Walter is 67.
Former U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy II, D-Mass., is 65.
Actor Kevin Sorbo is 59.
Christian/jazz singer Cedric Dent is 55.
Actress-writer Nia Vardalos is 55.
Rock musician Shawn Crahan (AKA Clown) (Slipknot) is 48.
Country musician Marty Mitchell is 48.
Actress Megan Ward is 48.
Singer-musician Marty Cintron (No Mercy) is 46.
Contemporary Christian musician Juan DeVevo (Casting Crowns) is 42.
Actor Ian Bohen is 41.
Actor Justin Bruening is 38.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Paul Hamm (hahm) is 35.
Actor Erik Stocklin is 35.
Actor Kyle Sullivan is 29.
Actor Ben Platt is 24
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 02:46:42 PM
Better late than never.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 03:22:54 PM
Uh oh, late Today in History Lull...
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 03:58:50 PM
was on the phone with the IRS. agreement was made to post date a check for mid October. I did, it just went through my bank overdrawing me over $200 in my account.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 24, 2018, 04:19:13 PM
Ave Maria Divinia and coffee.

note to self: DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 04:38:14 PM
was on the phone with the IRS. agreement was made to post date a check for mid October. I did, it just went through my bank overdrawing me over $200 in my account.
Never Trust The Government!
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 24, 2018, 04:39:41 PM
Got me a haircut and checked on the DIL’s dog.

Wine 🍷 poured and a Tat Miami Lancero fired up.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 24, 2018, 04:50:38 PM
Ave Maria Divinia and coffee.

note to self: DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT.
Getting wise in your advancing years.
Title: Re: 9/24/2018
Post by: Bad Dad on September 24, 2018, 09:32:12 PM
I thought I'd just read the banter tonight.  Sorry I don't have much at add at the moment.  And a High to everyone...   :)